Deleted
    Well I have not done Sha of Fear HC so can't comment on the damage output really. Personally I will probably use haste, but I understand people going mastery.

Deleted
    Haste is fine for Sha normal, as long as you can time your ShotR you won't have a problem. Dunno 'bout heroic tho, still a few bosses away from that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Haste is fine for Sha normal, as long as you can time your ShotR you won't have a problem. Dunno 'bout heroic tho, still a few bosses away from that.
    Spirit is fine for any normal mode :P Stats really does not matter there.

At Sha I just hit Holy Avenger and don't need to worry about timing ShoR /shrug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    At Sha I just hit Holy Avenger and don't need to worry about timing ShoR /shrug.
    This so much.

I love Sha of Fear, possibly the best fight, ever. You need to time everything accordingly, I love it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I'm still swimming in the shallow pool and have only just tanked Sha on LFR, but had read about timing your ShotR for thrashes. However, in LFR, I did not notice any thrashes nor get any DBM warnings (I'd read they would be shouted at me by DBM). Was I just being terribly unobservant (sadly, quite possible) or does Sha not thrash in LFR?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    I'm still swimming in the shallow pool and have only just tanked Sha on LFR, but had read about timing your ShotR for thrashes. However, in LFR, I did not notice any thrashes nor get any DBM warnings (I'd read they would be shouted at me by DBM). Was I just being terribly unobservant (sadly, quite possible) or does Sha not thrash in LFR?
    Not sure, I think I've only done it twice when LFR TES first came out, so I really don't remember. BUT what I do remember is that his hits in LFR were pretty weak.
    In Normal they can hit you pretty hard if you don't time your ShotR and since your healer(s) will already be busy healing all the dps standing getting hit by the adds, you'll really need to focus.

In Normal (and I suppose Heroic too) you'll have a Thrash timer, yet it doesn't seem to be 'exactly' correct. I usually use my ShotR just as the timer expired, as using it a couple seconds early will often lead to you missing the Thrash (and it does hit decently, roughly the same as getting hit by a Garalon cleave without any defensive/shotr stuff up).

The timer on Thrash is when he has a chance of putting it up, not when he's going to use it. There's usually between 1.5-2 seconds from the announcement of the cooldown until he actually swings with it. Using the addon BossSwingTimer, you see exactly when he's going to hit you with it.

Deleted
    The boss gets a buff put on himself when his next attack is a thrash. yes i raid with no addons (except recount and atlasloot ftw!)

Deleted
    Have to ask, is http://www.wowhead.com/item=87072/le...-final-orders# considered BiS in 10-man specifically? I'm not sure if the strength to parry conversion is 1:1 or not, but it seems it would be in that case. No?

The reason it's BiS in 10-man is because of the haste, not the strength/parry, as haste is more valuable in 10-man vs 25-man. I'm fairly sure that the strength to parry conversion doesn't change depending on raid size.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    The reason it's BiS in 10-man is because of the haste, not the strength/parry, as haste is more valuable in 10-man vs 25-man. I'm fairly sure that the strength to parry conversion doesn't change depending on raid size.
    Thanks, yeah i'm aware but i wanted to confirm the strength proc actually had some defensive value to it aswell. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strength to parry isn't quite 1:1, but you get roughly 93% as much parry from strength as from parry rating, so it's pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Strength to parry isn't quite 1:1, but you get roughly 93% as much parry from strength as from parry rating, so it's pretty close.
    With Kings it is closer to 97%

Deleted
    For Sha Of Fear Heroic you actually want haste, given you have a mastery use trinket (Shado-Pan reputation or world drop) since you can use it for all of the Dread Trashes. You cannot die even with a haste build if you have some kind of small cooldown for every Dread Trash (-20% from DP for example).

Deleted
    Can't someone ask some interesting question or find out something groundbreaking that noone thought about before. The questions lately have been so boring. Need something to think about paladins again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Can't someone ask some interesting question or find out something groundbreaking that noone thought about before.
    A girl I really really fancy (I might have slept with her) and I know she feels the same way. However, because we're 1st year uni students and so much random shit happens, we don't want to get into a relationship but we want all the perks but equally the fidelity seems to be as important. Basically the only thing making it not a relationship is I don't have to take her to dinner.

Unfortunately there is this other girl we shall refer to as "egg roll" we dubbed her whilst being under the influence of something, because she has both the personality and the fat content of one (no idea what an egg roll is). Anyway, I've told eggroll about the other girl but she doesn't seem to get the message, and she keeps trying to persuade me to go over and see her, and to cut it short she basically tonight told me I was going to get various parts of me wet if I went to see her. I didn't go but she just won't understand it.

Due to exams at the moment, me and the girl I like aren't talking as much as we were before but just before they began we did so that's not dying at all, but it seems eggroll has cottoned onto this and seems to be taking advantage but in reality she has no chance because that would be immoral of me, plus I'm not interested.

Basically my idea is that should I continue to treat both well, I'll end up with a possible girlfriend and a close friend should I not be a dick about it. My question is, how much chocolate do I need to buy each of them? There's your tl;dr
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Well, my recent experience is kinda bad so I might be a bit negative. So I would say, just fuck it all. Do whatever comes natural, don't think about it. Whatever happens happen. Whatever you do, do not fall in love. That is the worst thing you can do.

You seem to be in a similar spot like I was a few months ago. Short story, I fell for the non-eggroll, didn't work out, things went piss, we are now like best friends with benefits, even living together lol, things couldn't be better.
    Guess my point is feelings mess everything up, so don't have them. Just enjoy yourself.

If you are not interested in egg-roll at all, tell her that. Don't keep her on the hook, that is just mean. You can break it nicely like, tell her you just see her as a friend and don't want to mess up your friendship or whatever. Though be straigth.

Damn wrote so much randomness now.
    Just use hand of reckoning on the girl you fancy, but don't let your mitigation and cds fall down and leave yourself vurnurable. Try to kite the egg roll so she resets, but don't dps her, she can explode then.

Lol, best drunk wow-rl symbology thing I ever done. Gonna underline that!

On a side note question: Say there is this girl, she used to have a crush on you like 4-5 years ago and you kinda denied her then. You haven't seen her since then basically (until recently). Is it okay to get involved with her even if she has a (long distance) boyfriend?
    Or is that too douchebaggy?
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-01-20 at 04:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if you know that it's not going to make your home situation difficult and that it's not going to fuck her up mentally. Let her make the first move. But then I'm 19 and male, to pretend I know anything about women is laughable. Was chatting to one of the girls who graduates this year and she says she's 23 and female and doesn't understand them, so what hope do we have?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Yeah, probably shouldn't rename the thread to MerinPallys Female Guide