Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Is that a wave of approval for me not having to log off mmoc when drunk, much to Firefly's dismay?

Edit: Oh uhm, Flash, Prism, Hammer, Righteousness.
    You are the epitome of Britain whenever you come mmoc drunk as skunk, Merin. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    You are the epitome of Britain whenever you come mmoc drunk as skunk, Merin. I love it.
    That's a terrifying thought, I think it's closer to me being representative of the standard student in the UK who's not at the top exactly but still in a pretty good place.

Next year for my house and moving out of halls we had 5 guys, 4 of which drink and 2 of which were stoners. One dropped out so now its 6 of us with 2 girls, and I thought "oh cool civilising influence, I won't drink as much and the others will stop weed so I'll survive the year" nope the girls want to join in. There is no chance I am going to be alive by the end of next year. Liver cirrhosis ahoy.

You can tank it, Merin! We believe in you!

Is that a wave of approval for me not having to log off mmoc when drunk, much to Firefly's dismay?
    Maybe. If it gets too bad, I may have to use the bold text on you guys.

Also, Firefly: I think I'm going to swap back to Prism. I tried LH out, but I can't stand waiting for it. I'll probably experiment again when I actually get in to normals, though.

I thought I won't be raiding anymore, but looks like a good friend of mine lost their tank who ragequit (apparently my friend the raid leader told him to step up his plate and he took offense). So now I'm semi-pemanent until they find a new tank. And we're stuck on Garalon.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I thought I won't be raiding anymore, but looks like a good friend of mine lost their tank who ragequit (apparently my friend the raid leader told him to step up his plate and he took offense). So now I'm semi-pemanent until they find a new tank. And we're stuck on Garalon.
    Get a Monk healer. That'll fix Garalon for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Get a Monk healer. That'll fix Garalon for you!
    That's what I have been told. XD It's a "family guild", so it's not like people are going to drop their favorite classes/spec just to progress. I'm also rusty, so I don't know how much help I was. Right now we have either too little dps for enrage, or too little healing to survive.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Starting raiding again this week after a long long break. Extremely rusty in-game I feel Lost so many of my good rankings so I have to catch up again

Nice buff we got to SoI, never tried it in raids yet, was nice.
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-01-22 at 12:05 AM.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    That's what I have been told. XD It's a "family guild", so it's not like people are going to drop their favorite classes/spec just to progress. I'm also rusty, so I don't know how much help I was. Right now we have either too little dps for enrage, or too little healing to survive.
    Blah, hate those types of guilds. I'm all for the whole "fun, social and family-like" guilds but it's irritating when it comes to raiding when a particular class/spec outshines others. They refuse to replace anyone for one encounter.

Have you seen the latest post/tweets about Prot haste? What a fucking disappointment .

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...75?page=45#884

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    For Protection, we do have plans to try and lower the value of haste relative to dodge and parry. We don't want to make haste terrible for paladins, but we agree that it's odd for it to be better than more traditional tank stats. It might require a nerf to Shield of the Righteous to do this, but our goal is not to nerf survivability overall. We just wanted to provide you some context if you see odd changes to tanking abilities.

Good thing I don't vendor trinkets!

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Good thing I don't vendor trinkets!
    If I ever come to power, anyone vendoring trinkets especially, or even gear from the expansion currently in play, will be shot at dawn. Then some things with fanciful effects go beyond one expansion, same applies. I'm a bit tipsy atm, hope this makes sense

I mean really, I do not see this. Dodge and parry is never going to be relevant. All they can do is make mastery more relevant.
    The only way they can make dodge and parry remotely relevant is by adding them to the same combat table as block, but still, dodge and parry is out of the game for paladins. The only way they can balance it atm is between haste and mastery.

If they changed haste they would need to buff our damage output since we are trailing behind other tanks atm. Only haste is keeping us on par.

And just no way to make dodge and parry more attractive than mastery.
    Atm we got 3 valid gearing strategies.

Haste / Mastery / Stamina + Haste/mastery

I don't see how removing one of those would improve the protection paladin experience. It would just piss alot of people off for no reason. Really stupid mistake from blizzard if they nerf haste at this point. Would require to rebalance the entire prot paladin class.
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-01-24 at 02:43 AM.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Hello, I have another silly question for you people.
    Basically should I use holy power generators on the first open global cooldown after said holy power generators come off cooldown or should I hold global cooldowns open for holy power generators coming off cooldown in under a global cooldown?
    Sorry if the question is a bit confusing, I hope you understand what I mean by it...

Have you seen the latest post/tweets about Prot haste? What a fucking disappointment .

For Protection, we do have plans to try and lower the value of haste relative to dodge and parry. We don't want to make haste terrible for paladins, but we agree that it's odd for it to be better than more traditional tank stats. It might require a nerf to Shield of the Righteous to do this, but our goal is not to nerf survivability overall. We just wanted to provide you some context if you see odd changes to tanking abilities.

Total crap, it was a fun play style. Back to zzzz boring ass rotation

Fuck.

Ffffffuck.

FUCK.

Please don't do this blizzard, for fucks sake, Prot was almost perfect.

Don't mind me just overreacting
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Returned again, left again, returned again. You know how it is.

I approve of that video. I agree with Blizzards intention but it's obviously not nice to have something cool taken from us.

I approve of that video. I agree with Blizzards intention but it's obviously not nice to have something cool taken from us.
    It seems there intention is to slow our rotation down to a crawl and make the class a boring stack mastery mastery mastery and more mastery class. Unless they come up with some unique idea with dodge/parry, which they wont halfway through an expac, prot paladins are just going to be a slow, stack one stat class again.
    Last edited by Tax; 2013-01-24 at 07:55 AM.

That is so fucking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    That is so fucking shit.
    Yeah, unfortunately they want the plate tank model to "enjoy" dodge, parry and mastery more while druids and monks can enjoy a much more modern, fun stat priority that goes well with the active mitigation concept.
    Like a few people commented on in the thread where the quote was taken from; At least haste makes you feel like you're progressing your character with new gear, making gear drops something to look forward to as a tank other than "oh, more parry on this item. Great.... Now i'll parry a little more automatically".

Sure there's an issue with how death knight and ret paladin gear is more desirable to protection than actual tank plate gear, but if it improves the game experience for probably every prot paladin out there, maybe the developers should consider an alternative way around it and not kill haste for protection.
    This is one of the reasons i wanted to move away from my warrior the next tier, because of how much better protection paladin gameplay feels to me. Would be extremely disappointing to see them take that away just because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately they want the plate tank model to "enjoy" dodge, parry and mastery more while druids and monks can enjoy a much more modern, fun stat priority that goes well with the active mitigation concept.
    Like a few people commented on in the thread where the quote was taken from; At least haste makes you feel like you're progressing your character with new gear, making gear drops something to look forward to as a tank other than "oh, more parry on this item. Great.... Now i'll parry a little more automatically".

Sure there's an issue with how death knight and ret paladin gear is more desirable to protection than actual tank plate gear, but if it improves the game experience for probably every prot paladin out there, maybe the developers should consider an alternative way around it and not kill haste for protection.
    This is one of the reasons i wanted to move away from my warrior the next tier, because of how much better protection paladin gameplay feels to me. Would be extremely disappointing to see them take that away just because they can.
    I have never enjoyed dodge, parry or mastery. Haste feels amazing. I love it. I'm going to make an eu appeal on the official forums.