1. #861
    Epic! GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,730
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Is that a wave of approval for me not having to log off mmoc when drunk, much to Firefly's dismay?

    Edit: Oh uhm, Flash, Prism, Hammer, Righteousness.
    You are the epitome of Britain whenever you come mmoc drunk as skunk, Merin. I love it.

  2. #862
    Banned MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    9,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    You are the epitome of Britain whenever you come mmoc drunk as skunk, Merin. I love it.
    That's a terrifying thought, I think it's closer to me being representative of the standard student in the UK who's not at the top exactly but still in a pretty good place.

    Next year for my house and moving out of halls we had 5 guys, 4 of which drink and 2 of which were stoners. One dropped out so now its 6 of us with 2 girls, and I thought "oh cool civilising influence, I won't drink as much and the others will stop weed so I'll survive the year" nope the girls want to join in. There is no chance I am going to be alive by the end of next year. Liver cirrhosis ahoy.

  3. #863
    Moderator Malthanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Not nearly out of the way enough
    Posts
    4,599
    You can tank it, Merin! We believe in you!

    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Is that a wave of approval for me not having to log off mmoc when drunk, much to Firefly's dismay?
    Maybe. If it gets too bad, I may have to use the bold text on you guys.

    Also, Firefly: I think I'm going to swap back to Prism. I tried LH out, but I can't stand waiting for it. I'll probably experiment again when I actually get in to normals, though.

  4. #864
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    I thought I won't be raiding anymore, but looks like a good friend of mine lost their tank who ragequit (apparently my friend the raid leader told him to step up his plate and he took offense). So now I'm semi-pemanent until they find a new tank. And we're stuck on Garalon.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  5. #865
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I thought I won't be raiding anymore, but looks like a good friend of mine lost their tank who ragequit (apparently my friend the raid leader told him to step up his plate and he took offense). So now I'm semi-pemanent until they find a new tank. And we're stuck on Garalon.
    Get a Monk healer. That'll fix Garalon for you!


  6. #866
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Get a Monk healer. That'll fix Garalon for you!
    That's what I have been told. XD It's a "family guild", so it's not like people are going to drop their favorite classes/spec just to progress. I'm also rusty, so I don't know how much help I was. Right now we have either too little dps for enrage, or too little healing to survive.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  7. #867
    Starting raiding again this week after a long long break. Extremely rusty in-game I feel Lost so many of my good rankings so I have to catch up again

    Nice buff we got to SoI, never tried it in raids yet, was nice.
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-01-22 at 12:05 AM.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  8. #868
    Epic! GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    That's what I have been told. XD It's a "family guild", so it's not like people are going to drop their favorite classes/spec just to progress. I'm also rusty, so I don't know how much help I was. Right now we have either too little dps for enrage, or too little healing to survive.
    Blah, hate those types of guilds. I'm all for the whole "fun, social and family-like" guilds but it's irritating when it comes to raiding when a particular class/spec outshines others. They refuse to replace anyone for one encounter.

  9. #869
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,626
    Have you seen the latest post/tweets about Prot haste? What a fucking disappointment .

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...75?page=45#884

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    For Protection, we do have plans to try and lower the value of haste relative to dodge and parry. We don't want to make haste terrible for paladins, but we agree that it's odd for it to be better than more traditional tank stats. It might require a nerf to Shield of the Righteous to do this, but our goal is not to nerf survivability overall. We just wanted to provide you some context if you see odd changes to tanking abilities.


  10. #870
    Good thing I don't vendor trinkets!

  11. #871
    Banned MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    9,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Good thing I don't vendor trinkets!
    If I ever come to power, anyone vendoring trinkets especially, or even gear from the expansion currently in play, will be shot at dawn. Then some things with fanciful effects go beyond one expansion, same applies. I'm a bit tipsy atm, hope this makes sense

  12. #872
    I mean really, I do not see this. Dodge and parry is never going to be relevant. All they can do is make mastery more relevant.
    The only way they can make dodge and parry remotely relevant is by adding them to the same combat table as block, but still, dodge and parry is out of the game for paladins. The only way they can balance it atm is between haste and mastery.

    If they changed haste they would need to buff our damage output since we are trailing behind other tanks atm. Only haste is keeping us on par.

    And just no way to make dodge and parry more attractive than mastery.
    Atm we got 3 valid gearing strategies.

    Haste / Mastery / Stamina + Haste/mastery

    I don't see how removing one of those would improve the protection paladin experience. It would just piss alot of people off for no reason. Really stupid mistake from blizzard if they nerf haste at this point. Would require to rebalance the entire prot paladin class.
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-01-24 at 02:43 AM.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  13. #873
    Hello, I have another silly question for you people.
    Basically should I use holy power generators on the first open global cooldown after said holy power generators come off cooldown or should I hold global cooldowns open for holy power generators coming off cooldown in under a global cooldown?
    Sorry if the question is a bit confusing, I hope you understand what I mean by it...

  14. #874
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Have you seen the latest post/tweets about Prot haste? What a fucking disappointment .

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...75?page=45#884

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    For Protection, we do have plans to try and lower the value of haste relative to dodge and parry. We don't want to make haste terrible for paladins, but we agree that it's odd for it to be better than more traditional tank stats. It might require a nerf to Shield of the Righteous to do this, but our goal is not to nerf survivability overall. We just wanted to provide you some context if you see odd changes to tanking abilities.

    Total crap, it was a fun play style. Back to zzzz boring ass rotation

  15. #875
    Brewmaster Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Have you seen the latest post/tweets about Prot haste? What a fucking disappointment .

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...75?page=45#884

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    For Protection, we do have plans to try and lower the value of haste relative to dodge and parry. We don't want to make haste terrible for paladins, but we agree that it's odd for it to be better than more traditional tank stats. It might require a nerf to Shield of the Righteous to do this, but our goal is not to nerf survivability overall. We just wanted to provide you some context if you see odd changes to tanking abilities.
    Fuck.

    Ffffffuck.

    FUCK.



    Please don't do this blizzard, for fucks sake, Prot was almost perfect.

    Don't mind me just overreacting
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Returned again, left again, returned again. You know how it is.

  16. #876
    Banned MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    9,418
    I approve of that video. I agree with Blizzards intention but it's obviously not nice to have something cool taken from us.

  17. #877
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I approve of that video. I agree with Blizzards intention but it's obviously not nice to have something cool taken from us.
    It seems there intention is to slow our rotation down to a crawl and make the class a boring stack mastery mastery mastery and more mastery class. Unless they come up with some unique idea with dodge/parry, which they wont halfway through an expac, prot paladins are just going to be a slow, stack one stat class again.
    Last edited by Tax; 2013-01-24 at 07:55 AM.

  18. #878
    Epic! GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,730
    That is so fucking shit.

  19. #879
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    That is so fucking shit.
    Yeah, unfortunately they want the plate tank model to "enjoy" dodge, parry and mastery more while druids and monks can enjoy a much more modern, fun stat priority that goes well with the active mitigation concept.
    Like a few people commented on in the thread where the quote was taken from; At least haste makes you feel like you're progressing your character with new gear, making gear drops something to look forward to as a tank other than "oh, more parry on this item. Great.... Now i'll parry a little more automatically".

    Sure there's an issue with how death knight and ret paladin gear is more desirable to protection than actual tank plate gear, but if it improves the game experience for probably every prot paladin out there, maybe the developers should consider an alternative way around it and not kill haste for protection.
    This is one of the reasons i wanted to move away from my warrior the next tier, because of how much better protection paladin gameplay feels to me. Would be extremely disappointing to see them take that away just because they can.

  20. #880
    Epic! GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately they want the plate tank model to "enjoy" dodge, parry and mastery more while druids and monks can enjoy a much more modern, fun stat priority that goes well with the active mitigation concept.
    Like a few people commented on in the thread where the quote was taken from; At least haste makes you feel like you're progressing your character with new gear, making gear drops something to look forward to as a tank other than "oh, more parry on this item. Great.... Now i'll parry a little more automatically".

    Sure there's an issue with how death knight and ret paladin gear is more desirable to protection than actual tank plate gear, but if it improves the game experience for probably every prot paladin out there, maybe the developers should consider an alternative way around it and not kill haste for protection.
    This is one of the reasons i wanted to move away from my warrior the next tier, because of how much better protection paladin gameplay feels to me. Would be extremely disappointing to see them take that away just because they can.
    I have never enjoyed dodge, parry or mastery. Haste feels amazing. I love it. I'm going to make an eu appeal on the official forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •