Who is Synthaxx? I've never seen him post as a Pally mod...

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Who is this?
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Who is this?
    Idk, just looking at the Paladin subforum and apparently we have another mod called Synthaxx. I thought I'd ask as I've never ever seen him before haha.

Idk, just looking at the Paladin subforum and apparently we have another mod called Synthaxx. I thought I'd ask as I've never ever seen him before haha.
    Synthaxx usually hangs out over in the computer forum, but I've seen him post here quite a few times
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Synthaxx usually hangs out over in the computer forum, but I've seen him post here quite a few times
    Learn something new erryday.

Synthaxx hangs out at the computer forums a lot more. He's also probably the oldest paladin mod (next to Malthanis, the old Hitsurugi).

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Synthaxx hangs out at the computer forums a lot more. He's also probably the oldest paladin mod (next to Malthanis, the old Hitsurugi).
    That's cool. I've only recently joined the Paladin forums anyway. I used to be a Warrior lurker. (Warrior for 7 years, Paladin for 1!)

Ahem. Let's stay on topic please.

Righteousness, Light, Justice.

The game just isn't currently designed to support it. It creates potential problems such as:

- A Prot paladin competing with a Frost DK or Ret paladin over gear, meaning there isn't enough DPS plate to go around.
    - A Prot paladin considering a tier set with dodge and parry on it to be "garbage" because it doesn't stack all haste.
    - A Prot paladin looking at a Ret 2pc set bonus that she normally wouldn't touch because now the stats aren't that bad either.

In a world where tanking plate didn't exist or every loot system used the personal LFR one or 100% efficient reforging then it might work.

We understand that having a lot of haste feels fun and visceral and is more dependable than dodge and parry. We'll try to come up with a solution that keeps that in mind.

As said by Ghoscrawler (I don't know how to make those fancy quotes)

Quote Originally Posted by Shippai View Post
    The game just isn't currently designed to support it. It creates potential problems such as:

- A Prot paladin competing with a Frost DK or Ret paladin over gear, meaning there isn't enough DPS plate to go around.
    - A Prot paladin considering a tier set with dodge and parry on it to be "garbage" because it doesn't stack all haste.
    - A Prot paladin looking at a Ret 2pc set bonus that she normally wouldn't touch because now the stats aren't that bad either.

In a world where tanking plate didn't exist or every loot system used the personal LFR one or 100% efficient reforging then it might work.

We understand that having a lot of haste feels fun and visceral and is more dependable than dodge and parry. We'll try to come up with a solution that keeps that in mind.

As said by Ghoscrawler (I don't know how to make those fancy quotes)
    Make dodge give haste and real haste give dodge. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    Make dodge give haste and real haste give dodge. Problem solved.
    Too interesting, I doubt they do anything but ruin haste. Stam or mastery, whats your cup of tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Tax View Post
    Too interesting, I doubt they do anything but ruin haste. Stam or mastery, whats your cup of tea?
    *puke*. But yeah, i trust Blizzard to find away to go back to the old "stack avoidance and forget". They're saying they'll keep haste in mind as an interesting stat, but we all know how that usually works out.

Yeah I was a bit disheartened when I saw that, as it was in reply to my quote/suggestion. But, I've been posting there diligently and some very interesting topics have come up.

Really, I wholeheartedly support the idea of leaving haste as is, but giving D/P a coefficient that also provides haste. That way, we can increase TDR without the direct cost to our smoothing.

Also, really like the counterpoint of just getting rid of tank gear (AND HOLY PLATE) to clear up the loot table, much like there is no "tank leather", and just having haste and/or crit help with avoidance and mitigation.

But, I don't see either of those things happening
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Yeah I was a bit disheartened when I saw that, as it was in reply to my quote/suggestion. But, I've been posting there diligently and some very interesting topics have come up.

Really, I wholeheartedly support the idea of leaving haste as is, but giving D/P a coefficient that also provides haste. That way, we can increase TDR without the direct cost to our smoothing.

Also, really like the counterpoint of just getting rid of tank gear (AND HOLY PLATE) to clear up the loot table, much like there is no "tank leather", and just having haste and/or crit help with avoidance and mitigation.

But, I don't see either of those things happening
    GC main gripe seems to be tanks competing with dps for gear.....in my mind getting rid of "tank" gear seems the most sensible option to me - there is no real need for it to be in the game. Im sure a quick rework of warrior and death knight tanking getting benefit from haste cant be that hard (id just get it to reduce their GCD same as us - easy fix!)

The whole dodge/parry/miss debacle really goes against blizzard's active mitigation thang anyhoo - it's its antithesis imo.

EDIT: oh before i forget the hit/exp kneck can drop for us on a gold coin on protectors, yes?
    Last edited by rawhammer; 2013-01-24 at 10:55 PM.
    Keeping it url since 1864.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    EDIT: oh before i forget the hit/exp kneck can drop for us on a gold coin on protectors, yes?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but... go to Dungeon Journal. Select Protectors. Select Protection. Those are the things you can get from coin - no?

I HAVE FINALLY FUCKING REPLACED OOK'S HOZEN SLICER. FUCK YOU OOK'S HOZEN SLICER. I DOOK YOUR OOK.
    Righteousness, shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    GC main gripe seems to be tanks competing with dps for gear.....in my mind getting rid of "tank" gear seems the most sensible option to me - there is no real need for it to be in the game. Im sure a quick rework of warrior and death knight tanking getting benefit from haste cant be that hard (id just get it to reduce their GCD same as us - easy fix!)

The whole dodge/parry/miss debacle really goes against blizzard's active mitigation thang anyhoo - it's its antithesis imo.

I wouldn't mind a complete removal of 'tank' gear. That likely won't happen in a current expansion though.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

My thread got moved to PTR general, where no one will see it. /:

And the EU one got moved to the paladin subforum. Urghghg.
    Last edited by Xothic; 2013-01-25 at 02:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Returned again, left again, returned again. You know how it is.

I enjoy how my drunken rants ending with various paladin-y words, has become a common thing emulated by others.

I HAVE FINALLY FUCKING REPLACED OOK'S HOZEN SLICER. FUCK YOU OOK'S HOZEN SLICER. I DOOK YOUR OOK.
    Righteousness, shit like that.
    I spent more time looking for Ook's Hozen Slicer than I spent using it... Funny thing that...

Anyway, thanks for answering my somewhat silly question. (Aimed at those that answered)