Just swapping the JC gems would cost less than reforging, they are like 15g each on the AH, and that would be nearly 1k stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    The problem with counting self healing in the same umbrella as mitigation, specially in the form of WoG, is that if healers see you missing 60% health they'll fill that 60% health, no matter if you heal yourself for 20%, it takes a lot of training to work with tanks who have large self healing (ie DKs) so if you're basing it on one fight it gains srs devaluation
    Ah, but I did not. I spoke about 'healing needed' not about 'mitigation of damage' and it really depends. There is no down ranking anymore, healers seldom heal for exactly as much as would be needed. Yes some of that healing will end up causing overheal but so will your mitigation (since it tailor the hits you take to the size of the heals the healers have available).
    And please remember: Overheal is not bad in itself, it adds margin for error, just like unused mana after the fight is done does for healers. Only if there are other critical problems you can solve by taking stats that caused that surplus should you do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Depends how you class cheaper, if hes got double upgraded haste stacker trinkets then swapping to stam ones will be a huge change, where as changing gems could be quite cheap, maybe 1k gold per switch
    I run with 2/2 Lei Shen's, which is what I was referring to in the 1200(ish) haste for 1750 stam swap. I was under the impression that he was going to swap all haste gems for stam or mast/stam, which (on my realm at least) would easily run 2-3k. Granted, that's not much to most people, but it is more permanent than swapping an item like a trinket based on fight needs...I suppose that was my main point, not the cost.

However, since he's a JC, it's certainly cheap to move those stats around, though you're only moving ~900 haste for ~900 stam, which may end up lost in the wash. I guess it's all up to how much of a change you're really looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'm currently haste stacked (8k haste and 650k life raid buffed) running 25 mans with little issue (and that is why I am haste stacking). However, as soon as we hit Grand Empress heroic or Terrace heroic, I'm switching my gems to stamina. This will put me well above 700K (I estimate around 720k) life raid-buffed while keeping 5500-6000 haste rating, so I'll still have the nice, quick rotation and the hit and expertise caps, however my survivability to spikes should increase due to the higher buffer.
    You shouldn't need to, my first empress kill I was about 610k health buffed(using str flask/food), Really just boils down to having a cd up while your tanking the 3 adds at the same time. For terrace though I usually put in stam + mastery trinkets for protectors and lei shi, haste for tsuloong, and haven't had much time in p2 of sha to really get a fell for it, but with 3 tanks rotating boss I don't think the stamina will be needed.

......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloz View Post
    You shouldn't need to, my first empress kill I was about 610k health buffed(using str flask/food), Really just boils down to having a cd up while your tanking the 3 adds at the same time. For terrace though I usually put in stam + mastery trinkets for protectors and lei shi, haste for tsuloong, and haven't had much time in p2 of sha to really get a fell for it, but with 3 tanks rotating boss I don't think the stamina will be needed.
    Wow, you have the Challenge dungeon set.

Did you tank it or heal it? Because I heard Paladins are shit for it.

Tanked it, did 2-3 before the SoI nerf and the rest after nerf.

Deleted
    Tanked it, did 2-3 before the SoI nerf and the rest after nerf.
    This gives me hope. What setup did you use?

haste, the only things that gave me trouble was pulling everything to first boss in stormstout, ended up pull to just before room then running in after most elites were dead and some trash backs in scarlet halls. Everything else was pretty much gravy.

Deleted
    haste, the only things that gave me trouble was pulling everything to first boss in stormstout, ended up pull to just before room then running in after most elites were dead and some trash backs in scarlet halls
    Oh, I meant group setup.

:P, Prot Pal, Mist Monk, Enh sham, Ele Sham, Surv/BM hunter

Each one of us had an aoe stun which made some things a hell of a lot easier

Deleted

Interesting. Thanks for this bro.

Honestly, Blood DK hogs the spotlight, but Prot Pal is VERY viable as a CM tank.

Our gold group was pretty unconventional (Prot pal, MW monk, WW monk, lock, hunter) but overall only had 1-2 real issues/difficult runs.

Like Soloz, I did a few before the SoI nerf (and yelled that the sky was falling after the nerf made my healer have to actually HEAL in CMs), but correct use of aoe stuns is key.

I'd recommend farming up a Rod of Ambershaping and a Battle Horn, both of these were very useful in a few places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I want to know how much Haste some of you have, so please, share.

I'm more interested in the Heroic geared people to see what kind of Haste numbers are possible, but feel free to share any ways!

Firefly, if you're reading this, I really want to know yours. Also, for some reason, I expect some kind of graph along with it...

Deleted

Hah, you just gave me hope to try and actually run some challenge modes now. My best raiders are exactly those classes so I'mma go and grab them for it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post

I'm more interested in the Heroic geared people to see what kind of Haste numbers are possible, but feel free to share any ways!

Firefly, if you're reading this, I really want to know yours. Also, for some reason, I expect some kind of graph along with it...
    Mine is 13861 in raid environment. Though sitting on only 12 expertise. Which I even agree myself I shouldn't.

It is more of those, making a point that expertise cap is not really that important (since smoothening is not important as people think) and that I actually gain more raw HoPo by going haste, so technically better for TDR, but I lose dps, which is what makes the expertise better. Though I am in my "f the system" gear atm since I have been so since the start of the expansion. For sure going for exp cap in 5.2

My item level is extremely low though as I have not really raided since mid december when my entire raid team stopped raiding, and even before that the loot luck was horrible. Right now I only help my guilds second group out on progression raids, and they are not that hardcore, so I never get any loot really, so I am sitting on about 494 or so ilvl. Though I guess that ghost iron dragonling is dragging that down.

So would be quite reasonable to assume that in heroic gear level about 13.5-14k haste with exp cap is achievable.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-02-13 at 12:11 PM.

I have 8594 haste. Though with RF Final Orders and wearing Prot 4p its about all I can get with hit/exp caps. I also hate my gear set atm because I'm sitting at 8.12% hit and cannot find a reforge to get at or under cap without reducing my haste by ~500 and the only stats I would gain would be a little bit of dodge and parry

Deleted
    I have 8594 haste. Though with RF Final Orders and wearing Prot 4p its about all I can get with hit/exp caps. I also hate my gear set atm because I'm sitting at 8.12% hit and cannot find a reforge to get at or under cap without reducing my haste by ~500 and the only stats I would gain would be a little bit of dodge and parry
    Hmm tried to find you on armory to check for a reforge for ya, but you do not seem to be in your guild anymore or did you name change?

You can often play around a bit with enchants and gems to get that cap.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-02-13 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post

So would be quite reasonable to assume that in heroic gear level about 13.5-14k haste with exp cap is achievable.
    13,405 haste non-elixir/food, 14,355 with haste elixir+haste food. 500ilvl with Ghost Iron Dragonling + hit/exp harcaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Hmm tried to find you on armory to check for a reforge for ya, but you do not seem to be in your guild anymore or did you name change?

You can often play around a bit with enchants and gems to get that cap.
    I server transferred last night, my name/guild is the same, armory just hasn't updated.

wowprogress has me updated though http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/sargeras/Soloz

Keep in mind I try not to reforge around trinkets because I swap them out for stam ones for a few fights, but even if I reforged my trinkets i would lose close to 300 haste ~150 mastery, 160 hit, and just gain 500 or so parry

Using reforgelite btw
    Last edited by Soloz; 2013-02-13 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    12251 haste rating hit/exp capped, only with my baffs, 489ilvl(haven't raided for about 2 months), though i don't have even 500k HP
    Last edited by mmoc74c38174fc; 2013-02-13 at 03:13 PM.