Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 30cmnobaffs View Post
    extra tik...10%/ 20%/ 30%/ 50%(i can be wrong with numbers, don't remember exactly)
    That's only really true if you let ss expire, or refresh exactly when it does. I may be bad but I always refresh well before it's about to drop off. Imo it's how often it refreshes that's what's actually important.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-02-16 at 07:18 AM.

So when did they change Avenger's Shield to only silence the first target it hits? This has made me sad panda!
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    So when did they change Avenger's Shield to only silence the first target it hits? This has made me sad panda!
    5.0? Can't quite remember tbh. And aoe silence was a bit op

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah was quite a long time ago so we now have to be very selective with our silences because something I used to do and I'm sure I'm not the only one was to pick a path for our avengers to travel in (hopefully) to hit certain targets as well as your silence target, to do more damage or hit a mob which would be more useful to kill.

Just thought I'd post in this thread because I've been quiet recently due to being busy. Make a bit of a show.

LOUD NOISES.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ninja nerf too. Took a bit of making noises before they confirmed it was intended. Never made it into any hotfix notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad thing is that they changed it in 5.0.1, changed it back to silencing all three in an unannounced hotfix, and then changed it back again in 5.0.5 and then apparently decided it was fine that way.

Deleted
    Miss the 3 silence AS. It was a great tool for getting caster groups stacked up.

Very new to tanking so this guide and the threads have been a godsend.
    However a simple question, a 2 hand weapon or one hand/shield combo?
    I know whatever has the best stats wins bit a 2 hander is generally slower so was thinking in a haste build that may not be the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    I know whatever has the best stats wins bit a 2 hander is generally slower so was thinking in a haste build that may not be the way to go.
    As Prot you always use a one-hander and shield. Two of Prot's primary abilities (Avenger's Shield and Shield of the Righteous) require shields, so even if you were going for pure damage output you'd want a shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    As Prot you always use a one-hander and shield. Two of Prot's primary abilities (Avenger's Shield and Shield of the Righteous) require shields, so even if you were going for pure damage output you'd want a shield.
    Sometimes I wish we could dual wield shields.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-02-17 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    No. We're not Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Sometimes I wish we could dual wield shields.
    We can always dream, I had hoped for atleast some sort of cd where we could rip our shield in half and dual wield it with a different set of abilities or something, kinda like a demo lock when they morph. Then again that sounds like something a warrior would do, I guess we could whip our hair at the shield and split it and then mend it with glitter glue!

......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloz View Post
    We can always dream, I had hoped for atleast some sort of cd where we could rip our shield in half and dual wield it with a different set of abilities or something, kinda like a demo lock when they morph. Then again that sounds like something a warrior would do, I guess we could whip our hair at the shield and split it and then mend it with glitter glue!
    I suspect an RP patch to come out.

"When a paladin uses avenger shield he can no longer block until the shield returns to him. Naturally the armor and stats are also removed as long as the shield is in flight."

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    No. We're not Death Knights.
    We DKs don't use 1H + shield either :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    We DKs don't use 1H + shield either :P
    Captain Obvious has struck again!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Captain Obvious has struck again!
    I heard Blood Elf paladins tank with a Louis Vuitton handbag and always pick their gear from fashion show loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I heard Blood Elf paladins tank with a Louis Vuitton handbag and always pick their gear from fashion show loot tables.
    If they have a umbrella in the other hand it could still count as tanking with 1h + shield.

Deleted
    Has anyone started looking at potential BiS-lists in here? I know firefly was posting about trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    Has anyone started looking at potential BiS-lists in here? I know firefly was posting about trinkets.
    Making a BiS is now very difficult for us, I don't think we had a concrete one even for T14, just due to squeezing out that extra bit of haste but then balancing it against potential mastery loss and then whether someone would prefer some dodge or a bit of crit, but gaining a tad more haste, and then the implications of a variety of other things. There'll be some slots which are rather set in stone and obvious but others will be very up in the air. Also, having seen how large some of the loot tables are in Throne of Thunder, I think you're going to be seeing a lot of variety, based on what you can get to drop and then the minor arguments over whether that crit or dodge piece is better in the long term due to the newly changed Grand Crusader but still being weak and blah blah blah.

Still boils down to balancing smoothing, damage reduction, spiking damage and then doing your own dps... never going to all agree and the sheer number of options makes the maths on it ridiculous and to be quite honest, rather unnecessary With so many winning combinations that all do so much more than needed, finding out which gives you a hairs breadth more is rather arbitrary (it's not, it's really that people can't be bothered because it doesn't matter so much).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    Feel like that would be an awful a lot of work for do for something that would become completely irrelevent if 1 item changed.

Better wait for live before doing so.

I think that I can get around once it goes live to post a detailed list. (and with that I mean including potentially useful agility/int items aswell as 100% of the guides ignore that)