Sorry, amateur Prot Paladin here. I heard there was some change that was supposed to make dodge and parry better for paladins but I can't find it in any patch notes. From the last few pages, though, I gather this hasn't changed anything as far as preferring haste and master.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Sorry, amateur Prot Paladin here. I heard there was some change that was supposed to make dodge and parry better for paladins but I can't find it in any patch notes. From the last few pages, though, I gather this hasn't changed anything as far as preferring haste and master.
    It's with regards to Grand Crusader which now procs when we dodge/parry rather than only CS/HOTR. Doesn't change stat priority with regards to Haste and Mastery so keep calm and stack haste.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-02-21 at 04:06 PM.

The change you refer to is to Grand Crusader.

GC now proc's off of CS, HotR, dodge and parry all at a 12% chance. This is down from CS/HotR only at a 20% chance.

This helps to make dodge and parry less undesirable, but we will still avoid avoidance in favor of haste and mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    we will still avoid avoidance
    hehehehe

Biggest difference we'll see is a very slight decrease in HoP on single target, but a massive increase on multiples, so get used to tanking stuff like Windlord in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    hehehehe
    It should be the class mantra...

Biggest difference we'll see is a very slight decrease in HoP on single target, but a massive increase on multiples, so get used to tanking stuff like Windlord in the future
    If anyone isn't already solo-tanking Windlord (I've done it 10N, 10HC, 25N, 25HC), they really should. It's almost catered to ProtPal and the DPS/HPS we put out is insane. Even with the Consecrate scaling nerf in 5.2, the GC change should offset this by enough to break even or be a net increase in DPS/HPS (on this fight at least...maybe HC Protectors as well)
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

My goal for T15 is to solo tank as many of the bosses as possible (preferably on the first kill)

Solo tanking a lot of the fights in this made me realise how valuable it is to solo tank fights if possible. I mean, if all you need is some cd coordination with your healers or a melee dps and if you can gain another dps spot for it, then why not?

Not to mention using 1 tank = more vengeance on that tank = more dps.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

It should be the class mantra...
    I'm still advocating "A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse".

Don't ask.

Holy, Templar, Justice.

If anyone isn't already solo-tanking Windlord (I've done it 10N, 10HC, 25N, 25HC), they really should. It's almost catered to ProtPal and the DPS/HPS we put out is insane. Even with the Consecrate scaling nerf in 5.2, the GC change should offset this by enough to break even or be a net increase in DPS/HPS (on this fight at least...maybe HC Protectors as well)
    Yeah but some people get benched into DPS because they've got better DPS gear, or the guild doesn't understand how insane the buffer Prot gives you is. I know in my guild people are adamant that Warriors do the best DPS on that fight of all our guild tanks (we've got monk+wars, I've only done it as OS ) and no matter how many numbers you throw at them, people see one tank do it once, get 150-170k dps and suddenly they're amazing

I still think the class mantra is "The meaning of life is drunken adventures!" Atleast that is what I gathered from this thread.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    My goal for T15 is to solo tank as many of the bosses as possible (preferably on the first kill)

Solo tanking a lot of the fights in this made me realise how valuable it is to solo tank fights if possible. I mean, if all you need is some cd coordination with your healers or a melee dps and if you can gain another dps spot for it, then why not?

Not to mention using 1 tank = more vengeance on that tank = more dps.
    1-tank Heroic Protectors, Paladin is amazing at that. Pulled ~195k DPS and 45-50k HPS over the fight. Also had ~55% of the interrupts which REALLY makes it easy for everyone else.

But yes, we fully embrace (abuse?) 1 tanking whenever possible: more DPS via vengeance, more DPS via an extra actual DPS spec, and a nontrivial increase in healing.

Huzzah.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I'm still advocating "A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse".

Don't ask.

Holy, Templar, Justice.
    I....wat? I dunno, I've been trying to work in Pro-Haste, Anti-Avoidance sentiments. Best I can do so far is;

"Quickly! Avoid the avoidance!"
    20k and counting...

1-tank Heroic Protectors, Paladin is amazing at that. Pulled ~195k DPS and 45-50k HPS over the fight. Also had ~55% of the interrupts which REALLY makes it easy for everyone else.

But yes, we fully embrace (abuse?) 1 tanking whenever possible: more DPS via vengeance, more DPS via an extra actual DPS spec, and a nontrivial increase in healing.
    Yeah fights that I have / know people that have solo tanked this tier would be.

Feng N/HC
    Gara'jal N/HC
    SK N/HC
    Elegon N -- HC should be possible with the right setup. Basically only need someone that can bring the adds out at 25%.
    Also heard crazy HC tactic (used on normal) of blowing up the adds inside. Basically becomes a reversed HC tactic.
    Instead of having 1 soaker outside you have 1 soaker inside (the tank) and everyone else outside for the blast.
    Will N

Vizier N
    Blade-Lord N/HC
    Garalon N/HC
    Windlord N/HC

Protectors N/HC
    Tsulong N/HC
    Lei Shi N/HC
    Sha of Fear N

Like 80% of the those fights are actually benefitial to solo tank over duo tank
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-02-21 at 05:20 PM.

I'd be very interested in videos/logs of people solo tanking that on 25N/H. I can see it on 10, but my personal experience looks to be borderline impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I'd be very interested in videos/logs of people solo tanking that on 25N/H. I can see it on 10, but my personal experience looks to be borderline impossible.
    Ye ofc talking 10. The benefit of solo tanking is a lot smaller in 25 not to mention harder.

Will N would be....interesting to watch.
    Blade-Lord? I'd love to see how that's done, unless something re-sets stacks that I'm not aware of.
    Lei Shi? How?
    Sha N? Who gets cackled?

Rest are pretty obvious and as you said very beneficial...i just can't wrap my head around some of those!

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Our guild went 25 -> 10 back in Jan, but I can try to dig up some logs of our N or HC kills if they're still up. (assuming this was in reference to Meljarak, ofc)
    20k and counting...

Will N would be....interesting to watch.
    Blade-Lord? I'd love to see how that's done, unless something re-sets stacks that I'm not aware of.
    Lei Shi? How?
    Sha N? Who gets cackled?
    Will N. Did it accidently when our other tank dced at 80%. I just pick up the other boss and panicked. Not gonna lie I got hit by a few combos. Dodging double combo was intense however I still managed to get quite a few unbalancing strikes of, even double sometimes.
    Haven't tried doing it again from 100% but for sure doable and a shit ton of fun for the tank haha.

Blade-Lord. Can be done in 2 ways. Either brute forcing it with proper cd usage. Or having someone capable of just taunting and stealing a stack of a tank. Alternative using SS on the tank so that when he actually can't handle more stacks he get a res. The more dps the easier it gets.

Lei-Shi. Pretty much bruteforce. Was easier before pre prismatic elixir nerf. Basically you only get stack resets when she hides / get aways. You just gotta nuke it down and stop dps at every 20% so tank gets to reset before a transition. High stamina and 3 healers advised.

Sha, can't remember exactly, very long since we did it. But if I remember correctly. The crackling thing picks "tanks" from people standing inside the circle causing it to split. So having a dps warrior or something (not sure if it actually requires a "tank class", never tried with anything else) standing inside the ring and having the tank standing outside will force sha to send out the dps classes as a "tank". Basically sending 4 dps and 1 healers each time.
    Can't remember if they had to taunt right before crackle or not.

Our guild went 25 -> 10 back in Jan, but I can try to dig up some logs of our N or HC kills if they're still up. (assuming this was in reference to Meljarak, ofc)
    I solo tank Mel'Jarak each time.

HC Meljarak MUST be solo tanked by a Protadin! The DPS and HPS is just insane. Got our first kill on him a few days ago and I ended up with 500k DPS and about 40% of all healing done.

I....wat? I dunno, I've been trying to work in Pro-Haste, Anti-Avoidance sentiments. Best I can do so far is;

"Quickly! Avoid the avoidance!"
    A man who is his own lawyer, has a fool for a client.

Righteousness, Crusade, Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    HC Meljarak MUST be solo tanked by a Protadin! The DPS and HPS is just insane. Got our first kill on him a few days ago and I ended up with 500k DPS and about 40% of all healing done.
    800k without trying very hard to do damage

25 man heroic tank damage ftw.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

One tanked that one aswell recently since i rerolled to paladin and pulled 286K and ranked 4th ><.
    Holy prism was hilarious on that fight.