1. #1261
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    One tanked that one aswell recently since i rerolled to paladin and pulled 286K and ranked 4th ><.
    Holy prism was hilarious on that fight.
    Guild refused to give me stacks early/often, even though I was at or near the top of dmg done. I must request moar, 286k is impressive. How much of that was cleave, either incidental or on purpose?

    I really should swap to Prism for a few encounters, I just always forget! Working on Tsulong now, perhaps that could help with our add issues, though the veng levels during day phase are pretty weak
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  2. #1262
    Brewmaster rawhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    1,340
    I solo tank elegon hc (kinda) with someone just pulling the add out for spolsions. Kinda fun
    Keeping it real since 1864.

  3. #1263
    Beat my record on Elegon! Bastard!

    I wanna try to solo tank that entirely too. Atm I am just starting on Elegon in each P1 and solo tanking P4.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  4. #1264
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Beat my record on Elegon! Bastard!

    I wanna try to solo tank that entirely too. Atm I am just starting on Elegon in each P1 and solo tanking P4.
    I solo-tank 25H Elegon, the other tank does the whole add running thing. Usually do ~170k without even trying.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  5. #1265
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Guild refused to give me stacks early/often, even though I was at or near the top of dmg done. I must request moar, 286k is impressive. How much of that was cleave, either incidental or on purpose?

    I really should swap to Prism for a few encounters, I just always forget! Working on Tsulong now, perhaps that could help with our add issues, though the veng levels during day phase are pretty weak
    It was almost all cleave, i was backup interrupt instead of main interrupt like i was on my warrior. Still ranked top 10 on that fight as warrior so there's not much more to it than just going ham when all 3 are up and, preferably, be in the first group to get stacks. On 10 man at least i see no reason to delay the tank stacks since we will dish out a lot of damage on the main target.

    Holy prism has been the bomb on PTR testing so far, there are a lot of fights where it's nothing short of amazing. I'm just in deep love with the whole talent tree for paladins with all the choices and powerful situational talents (hand of purity in 5.2 too is beautiful) that warriors, for example, lack.
    Last edited by Teks; 2013-02-23 at 02:53 PM.

  6. #1266
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I solo-tank 25H Elegon, the other tank does the whole add running thing. Usually do ~170k without even trying.
    I'm the one who's stuck doing the adds, because our other tanks couldn't do it properly. It's the only fight in the entire tier where I'm not actually ever tanking the boss.



  7. #1267
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I'm the one who's stuck doing the adds, because our other tanks couldn't do it properly. It's the only fight in the entire tier where I'm not actually ever tanking the boss.
    We taunt swap in the final phase, so he has some vengeance to do damage too.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  8. #1268
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    39
    if u have high enogh dps to only get 1 add each phase ur 2 tank can just go os, without 2 adds the purpose of 2 tanks dies on elegon.

  9. #1269
    Quote Originally Posted by Haaz View Post
    if u have high enogh dps to only get 1 add each phase ur 2 tank can just go os, without 2 adds the purpose of 2 tanks dies on elegon.
    Elegon 25H has over a billion life, you aren't pushing one add per phase
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  10. #1270
    You can push one add in the first phase easily, second phase haven't really tried but it is usually within 5-10s after the second add spawns when we transition again. the biggest problem with one tanking it on 25H is the adds in the pillar phase.

    ......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

  11. #1271
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloz View Post
    You can push one add in the first phase easily, second phase haven't really tried but it is usually within 5-10s after the second add spawns when we transition again. the biggest problem with one tanking it on 25H is the adds in the pillar phase.
    Play it safe IMO. Isn't like the berserk timer is in any way threatening.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  12. #1272
    god this gearing thing is confusing as hell

    finally got my pala to 90 (got gloves of sha at like 88 and said to myself "can't waste that" ^^)
    I enjoy tanking a lot more than I thought I would, tried it when mop came out and the whole thing juts felt clunky and bad, but trying it again like a week ago it finaly clicked

    so I got to 90 and like said, the whole gearing thing is strange to say the least, I mostly want to just do some lfr and dungeons, so nothing crazy, my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%BDa/advanced

    like you see atm I have some weird mish of dps and tanking gear, trying to go for mostly haste
    have about 5k haste now and I think the rotation feels good, doesn't feel slow, should I go for hit/exp more from now on? do I maybe need more HP? done all of LFR and it feelt okay, will at the pull got me down to like 10 or 15%, mostly because I missed a CS and judgement, so I couldn't get my shield up
    hard cap exp? I guess that's close to impossible at this gear level

  13. #1273
    Brewmaster rawhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    god this gearing thing is confusing as hell

    finally got my pala to 90 (got gloves of sha at like 88 and said to myself "can't waste that" ^^)
    I enjoy tanking a lot more than I thought I would, tried it when mop came out and the whole thing juts felt clunky and bad, but trying it again like a week ago it finaly clicked

    so I got to 90 and like said, the whole gearing thing is strange to say the least, I mostly want to just do some lfr and dungeons, so nothing crazy, my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%BDa/advanced

    like you see atm I have some weird mish of dps and tanking gear, trying to go for mostly haste
    have about 5k haste now and I think the rotation feels good, doesn't feel slow, should I go for hit/exp more from now on? do I maybe need more HP? done all of LFR and it feelt okay, will at the pull got me down to like 10 or 15%, mostly because I missed a CS and judgement, so I couldn't get my shield up
    hard cap exp? I guess that's close to impossible at this gear level
    In before Firefly says "GID".
    Keeping it real since 1864.

  14. #1274
    Elemental Lord MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    8,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    -snip-
    Just follow the stat priority as it's written.

    Hit cap > hard exp > haste

    Haste comes AFTER getting hit and exp sorted. Get those sorted and then begin getting haste. The haste will not benefit you anywhere near as much without having those caps. A priority is simple, don't over complicate it. Get hit and exp capped and then get haste, don't try and do it all at once.

    However, as you're only doing dungeons and LFR I wouldn't bother with 15% exp, I'd only go to 7.5% exp as it's not needed. But still, hit and exp before all else and then get haste, don't try and do both at once because you won't get anywhere fast and you'll confuse yourself and not achieve as much as you could. So start replacing your gems and get hit/exp started and prioritise them, I see you've reforged out of hit into haste - reverse that. First things first.

    Edit: If you can't hit those caps cos of your gear being too low then don't give up and get haste, stick with it until you get better gear and make up the last little bit. The whole reason we do the hit/exp thing is so things like your situation on Will doesn't occur as that's the biggest threat we have
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-02-25 at 06:31 PM.

  15. #1275
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    In before Firefly says "GID".
    What this man said.

    Or, 600 haste, 600 hit, 600 expertise seems like a perfectly fine tradeoff for 950 mastery?

    @Enosh, replace that Vial of Dragonsblood (burns my eyes) with a Ghost Iron Dragonling trinket found very cheap on the auction house.

    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    However, as you're only doing dungeons and LFR I wouldn't bother with 15% exp, I'd only go to 7.5% exp as it's not needed. But still, hit and exp before all else and then get haste, don't try and do both at once because you won't get anywhere fast and you'll confuse yourself and not achieve as much as you could. So start replacing your gems and get hit/exp started and prioritise them, I see you've reforged out of hit into haste - reverse that. First things first.

    Edit: If you can't hit those caps cos of your gear being too low then don't give up and get haste, stick with it until you get better gear and make up the last little bit. The whole reason we do the hit/exp thing is so things like your situation on Will doesn't occur as that's the biggest threat we have
    For someone doing 5 mans and LFR, there is nothing wrong with going haste>hit>exp.
    (not saying it is right either)

    The damage output is not really high enough to justify the "If I miss a spell at the wrong time im dead" argument, and haste priority will actually generate more holy power. Hit and exp will add more dps though.
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-02-25 at 07:14 PM.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  16. #1276
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    In before Firefly says "GID".
    Need to petition mods to change his name to GhostIronDragonfly33, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  17. #1277
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Need to petition mods to change his name to GhostIronDragonfly33, IMO.
    Then my avatar wouldn't work
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  18. #1278
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Then my avatar wouldn't work
    I think we can remedy that with some good, old-fashioned MSPaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  19. #1279
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I think we can remedy that with some good, old-fashioned MSPaint.


    Fixed?
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  20. #1280
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    help
    thanks for that, will do that as soon as I get back online ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    What this man said.

    Or, 600 haste, 600 hit, 600 expertise seems like a perfectly fine tradeoff for 950 mastery?

    @Enosh, replace that Vial of Dragonsblood (burns my eyes) with a Ghost Iron Dragonling trinket found very cheap on the auction house.
    funny was wondering that myself, the gid with those sockets is what I used, just got the vial and was wondering if the tradeoff is worth it, guess I got my answer ^^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •