Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I'd be very interested in videos/logs of people solo tanking that on 25N/H. I can see it on 10, but my personal experience looks to be borderline impossible.
    Ye ofc talking 10. The benefit of solo tanking is a lot smaller in 25 not to mention harder.

Will N would be....interesting to watch.
    Blade-Lord? I'd love to see how that's done, unless something re-sets stacks that I'm not aware of.
    Lei Shi? How?
    Sha N? Who gets cackled?

Rest are pretty obvious and as you said very beneficial...i just can't wrap my head around some of those!

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 05:31 PM ----------

I'd be very interested in videos/logs of people solo tanking that on 25N/H. I can see it on 10, but my personal experience looks to be borderline impossible.
    Our guild went 25 -> 10 back in Jan, but I can try to dig up some logs of our N or HC kills if they're still up. (assuming this was in reference to Meljarak, ofc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Will N would be....interesting to watch.
    Blade-Lord? I'd love to see how that's done, unless something re-sets stacks that I'm not aware of.
    Lei Shi? How?
    Sha N? Who gets cackled?
    Will N. Did it accidently when our other tank dced at 80%. I just pick up the other boss and panicked. Not gonna lie I got hit by a few combos. Dodging double combo was intense however I still managed to get quite a few unbalancing strikes of, even double sometimes.
    Haven't tried doing it again from 100% but for sure doable and a shit ton of fun for the tank haha.

Blade-Lord. Can be done in 2 ways. Either brute forcing it with proper cd usage. Or having someone capable of just taunting and stealing a stack of a tank. Alternative using SS on the tank so that when he actually can't handle more stacks he get a res. The more dps the easier it gets.

Lei-Shi. Pretty much bruteforce. Was easier before pre prismatic elixir nerf. Basically you only get stack resets when she hides / get aways. You just gotta nuke it down and stop dps at every 20% so tank gets to reset before a transition. High stamina and 3 healers advised.

Sha, can't remember exactly, very long since we did it. But if I remember correctly. The crackling thing picks "tanks" from people standing inside the circle causing it to split. So having a dps warrior or something (not sure if it actually requires a "tank class", never tried with anything else) standing inside the ring and having the tank standing outside will force sha to send out the dps classes as a "tank". Basically sending 4 dps and 1 healers each time.
    Can't remember if they had to taunt right before crackle or not.

Our guild went 25 -> 10 back in Jan, but I can try to dig up some logs of our N or HC kills if they're still up. (assuming this was in reference to Meljarak, ofc)
    I solo tank Mel'Jarak each time.

Deleted
    HC Meljarak MUST be solo tanked by a Protadin! The DPS and HPS is just insane. Got our first kill on him a few days ago and I ended up with 500k DPS and about 40% of all healing done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I....wat? I dunno, I've been trying to work in Pro-Haste, Anti-Avoidance sentiments. Best I can do so far is;

"Quickly! Avoid the avoidance!"
    A man who is his own lawyer, has a fool for a client.

Righteousness, Crusade, Light.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    HC Meljarak MUST be solo tanked by a Protadin! The DPS and HPS is just insane. Got our first kill on him a few days ago and I ended up with 500k DPS and about 40% of all healing done.
    800k without trying very hard to do damage

25 man heroic tank damage ftw.

Deleted
    1-tank Heroic Protectors, Paladin is amazing at that. Pulled ~195k DPS and 45-50k HPS over the fight. Also had ~55% of the interrupts which REALLY makes it easy for everyone else.
    One tanked that one aswell recently since i rerolled to paladin and pulled 286K and ranked 4th ><.
    Holy prism was hilarious on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    One tanked that one aswell recently since i rerolled to paladin and pulled 286K and ranked 4th ><.
    Holy prism was hilarious on that fight.
    Guild refused to give me stacks early/often, even though I was at or near the top of dmg done. I must request moar, 286k is impressive. How much of that was cleave, either incidental or on purpose?

I really should swap to Prism for a few encounters, I just always forget! Working on Tsulong now, perhaps that could help with our add issues, though the veng levels during day phase are pretty weak
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    I solo tank elegon hc (kinda) with someone just pulling the add out for spolsions. Kinda fun

Deleted
    Beat my record on Elegon! Bastard!

I wanna try to solo tank that entirely too. Atm I am just starting on Elegon in each P1 and solo tanking P4.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Beat my record on Elegon! Bastard!

I wanna try to solo tank that entirely too. Atm I am just starting on Elegon in each P1 and solo tanking P4.
    I solo-tank 25H Elegon, the other tank does the whole add running thing. Usually do ~170k without even trying.

Deleted
    Guild refused to give me stacks early/often, even though I was at or near the top of dmg done. I must request moar, 286k is impressive. How much of that was cleave, either incidental or on purpose?

I really should swap to Prism for a few encounters, I just always forget! Working on Tsulong now, perhaps that could help with our add issues, though the veng levels during day phase are pretty weak
    It was almost all cleave, i was backup interrupt instead of main interrupt like i was on my warrior. Still ranked top 10 on that fight as warrior so there's not much more to it than just going ham when all 3 are up and, preferably, be in the first group to get stacks. On 10 man at least i see no reason to delay the tank stacks since we will dish out a lot of damage on the main target.

Holy prism has been the bomb on PTR testing so far, there are a lot of fights where it's nothing short of amazing. I'm just in deep love with the whole talent tree for paladins with all the choices and powerful situational talents (hand of purity in 5.2 too is beautiful) that warriors, for example, lack.
    Last edited by mmoc2a162f1935; 2013-02-23 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I solo-tank 25H Elegon, the other tank does the whole add running thing. Usually do ~170k without even trying.
    I'm the one who's stuck doing the adds, because our other tanks couldn't do it properly. It's the only fight in the entire tier where I'm not actually ever tanking the boss.

I'm the one who's stuck doing the adds, because our other tanks couldn't do it properly. It's the only fight in the entire tier where I'm not actually ever tanking the boss.
    We taunt swap in the final phase, so he has some vengeance to do damage too.

10+ Year Old Account
    if u have high enogh dps to only get 1 add each phase ur 2 tank can just go os, without 2 adds the purpose of 2 tanks dies on elegon.

Quote Originally Posted by Haaz View Post
    if u have high enogh dps to only get 1 add each phase ur 2 tank can just go os, without 2 adds the purpose of 2 tanks dies on elegon.
    Elegon 25H has over a billion life, you aren't pushing one add per phase

You can push one add in the first phase easily, second phase haven't really tried but it is usually within 5-10s after the second add spawns when we transition again. the biggest problem with one tanking it on 25H is the adds in the pillar phase.

......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Soloz View Post
    You can push one add in the first phase easily, second phase haven't really tried but it is usually within 5-10s after the second add spawns when we transition again. the biggest problem with one tanking it on 25H is the adds in the pillar phase.
    Play it safe IMO. Isn't like the berserk timer is in any way threatening.

god this gearing thing is confusing as hell

finally got my pala to 90 (got gloves of sha at like 88 and said to myself "can't waste that" ^^)
    I enjoy tanking a lot more than I thought I would, tried it when mop came out and the whole thing juts felt clunky and bad, but trying it again like a week ago it finaly clicked

so I got to 90 and like said, the whole gearing thing is strange to say the least, I mostly want to just do some lfr and dungeons, so nothing crazy, my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%BDa/advanced

like you see atm I have some weird mish of dps and tanking gear, trying to go for mostly haste
    have about 5k haste now and I think the rotation feels good, doesn't feel slow, should I go for hit/exp more from now on? do I maybe need more HP? done all of LFR and it feelt okay, will at the pull got me down to like 10 or 15%, mostly because I missed a CS and judgement, so I couldn't get my shield up
    hard cap exp? I guess that's close to impossible at this gear level