Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post

Fixed?
    I want to rep this SO HARD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    thanks for that, will do that as soon as I get back online ^^

funny was wondering that myself, the gid with those sockets is what I used, just got the vial and was wondering if the tradeoff is worth it, guess I got my answer ^^
    You are trading 1800 secondary stats for 950. People stare themselves blind at item levels, if you look at the actual stats it is not the hardest item comparison really.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

You are trading 1800 secondary stats for 950. People stare themselves blind at item levels, if you look at the actual stats it is not the hardest item comparison really.
    Don't forget the hidden item level added to all trinkets that aren't Ghost Iron Dragonling, the special passive that stops your combat text filling with Immune every time the raid is topped off <.<

hey, I need some pro addons for pala tank thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dimnes View Post
    hey, I need some pro addons for pala tank thanks
    Tiny Plates: Threat Plates
    Weak Auras or some other debuff/buff tracker
    DBM (duh)
    Omen

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    DBM (duh)
    Omen
    Add a scrolling combat text to that so that the screen isn't full of numbers.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

GIDfly sounds like some kind of insult.

There are "gadflies", a colloquial name for horse flies.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    DBM (duh)
    Omen
    Great picks.

The following are more optional but I also like:
    GTFO - it tells you when you are standing in fire (MoP seems to love randomly putting bad stuff under tanks).
    STA - simple taunt announce; helps distinguish between losing threat naturally and a pug co-tank taunting off you (also detects all those growling pets)
    Absorb bar - shows you how the remaining absorb from sacred shield
    Vengeance status - knowing your vengeance is high can be useful for timing some dps CDs (and taunting Gara'jal as OT to get half the MTs vengeance)
    Recount - I don't look at it during fights, but if you die in a raid, it's useful for understanding why you died
    Pallypower - not really needed now, but still useful for checking everyone has the blessing you are responsible for
    QuickMark - a bar with raid mob markers; useful for quickly putting a skull etc on mobs

I would also set up powerauras or similar to display when your ghost iron dragonling procs.

Jokes aside, other than the addons others mentioned. I would like to add,

I much prefer BW over DBM as a tank, I think the options on what to disable and what to superemphasize (not sure if DBM got similar now, havent used dbm since wrath) makes BW much better to use a tank.

But as others said, some kind of

threatplate
    debuff/buff tracker
    boss mod
    threat meter
    recount/WoL
    scrolling battle text

and you are pretty much good to go. I prefer MSBT as scrolling battle text.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

TellMeWhen is a very useful buff/debuff/timer addon that I use for all of my CDs. If you are in a leadership role, Hermes is pretty usefull for raid CD callouts. Tracks time of any raid cds you want. Recount or skada for death logs, healing, dmg etc. Mostly a personal preference thing.

While we're on the subject of addons for prot (which is hopefully not off topic), can anyone recommend a good HP bar addon? Im using stock hp bar right now, but I'd like something a bit chunkier that could maybe change colors as my hp drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    TellMeWhen is a very useful buff/debuff/timer addon that I use for all of my CDs. If you are in a leadership role, Hermes is pretty usefull for raid CD callouts. Tracks time of any raid cds you want. Recount or skada for death logs, healing, dmg etc. Mostly a personal preference thing.

While we're on the subject of addons for prot (which is hopefully not off topic), can anyone recommend a good HP bar addon? Im using stock hp bar right now, but I'd like something a bit chunkier that could maybe change colors as my hp drops.
    You can do pretty much anything with a HP bar using IceHud. Requires a bit of setting up but if you wanna take the time it is great.

I much prefer BW over DBM as a tank, I think the options on what to disable and what to superemphasize (not sure if DBM got similar now, havent used dbm since wrath) makes BW much better to use a tank.
    You can turn on/off options in DBM now. I still wish DXE was up and working, I did hear it was going to have a T15 update for it though *glee*

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    I use power auras for that, you could also use weak auras for it.

......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

Actually find it funny, comparing logs between different tanks, we can with almost entire certainty claim that protection paladins have the highest skill cap in terms of outputting damage of all tank classes.

Interestingly enough, BRMs get by far the lowest skill cap closely followed by druids.

The community would go haywire if you said that. Paladins can't be harder than other tank classes right?

Edit: Also realised looking through the numbers, I am just screwing around since I am bored, actually some funny statistics here.

A bi-product of checking which tank has the highest dps rotation skill cap, we can also tell that.

25 man heroic (tanks) raiders are on average slightly (very small difference) performs better than 10 man heroic raiders.
    25 man normal (tanks) raiders are on average FAR (extremely huge difference) performs better than 10 man normal raiders.

This for me boils back to all the arguments in the old 10v25 man threads, about more 25 mans that clear normal modes clear heroic modes in comparison to 10 man guilds. I just think that 25 mans attract more serious raiders and that players should perform to the best of their capabilities whereas the middle and lower end 10 man guilds are more 'casual'.

How well tanks scale with vengeance
    Warriors >>> Monks = Paladins >>> Druids = DK
    (this does not mean that warriors do the highest dps still, they just scale better but still behind other tanks even on high vengeance.)

Funny stuff
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-02-28 at 01:31 PM.

The community would go haywire if you said that. Paladins can't be harder than other tank classes right?
    They would tell you to get the f... back to your cave under the bridge

I would also be very careful about using the word "skilled".

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    They would tell you to get the f... back to your cave under the bridge
    Results in terms of numbers:

Of course, this is only considering damage output. Calculating which tank requires the highest skill to survive and tank is a whole different story which is a lot harder to mathematically calculate (duh).

SCV = Skill Cap Value

10 Man Heroic

Paladin: 74.35762 SCV
    DK: 68.88903 SCV
    Warrior: 66.11762 SCV
    BRM: 59.40223 SCV
    Druid: 59.20529 SCV

25 Man Heroic

Paladin: 73.2964 SCV
    Warrior: 68.78912 SCV
    DK: 53.55643 SCV
    Druid: 47.42665 SCV
    BRM: 38.5516 SCV

10 Man Normal

Paladin: 90.45154 SCV
    DK: 82.77200 SCV
    Druid: 77.58327 SCV
    Warrior: 76.70075 SCV
    BRM: 57.85571 SCV

25 Man normal

Paladin: 44.89422 SCV
    Warrior: 44.7205 SCV
    DK: 41.07987 SCV
    Druid: 33.01156 SCV
    BRM: 26.06983 SCV

Vengeance scaling

Warrior: 24.94
    BRM: 21.55
    Paladin: 21.26
    Druid: 18.61
    DK: 18.08

Analyzing the numbers:

Basically, what the nubers show is the difference between the average raider in the respective difficulty and the top 100 raiders. In heroic modes we can assume that the average player is still a good player and knows his class fairly well (atleast he should if he is in heroic modes).

So looking at the 10H and 25H SCV's tell us, how much better is an excellent player playing in comparison to a player that still knows his class well but maybe not on the cutting edge level.

Clearly shows that BRM/Druids ca be considered the easier to master than Paladin / DK / Warrior.

In the normal difficulty, it compares the performance difference from the average normal mode player, most likely an average player, probably knows enough to know what his buttons does but not on the same level as the average heroic mode raider, naturally. And comparing him to the top normal mode players, most likely heroic raiders that players when they played normal modes earlier.

This for me better shows which class is easier to do "decently" with. The higher difference between a top end raider and the average joe, the higher challenge the average joe has with playing his class to its full potential, indicating which class is more difficult to play on an average level.

Again paladins taking the lead on difficulty on just an average level of play, and BRM being by far the easiest.

Vengeance scaling tells us that we should expect warriors to be higher in 25 man than 10 man in comparison to say druids. Which they are. What is fun to notice though is how low the difference is between the average player in 25N and the top players in 25N compared to 10N.
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-02-28 at 01:31 PM.

I like it when people are so damn stubborn to defend their class . I only find Paladin the easiest because well, I've been playing one since beginning of wrath and only have dabbled a little bit into the other tanks.

......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Soloz View Post
    I like it when people are so damn stubborn to defend their class . I only find Paladin the easiest because well, I've been playing one since beginning of wrath and only have dabbled a little bit into the other tanks.
    Yeah, for me paladin is ofc the easiest aswell, since I have played paladin since I started WoW. Know warriors quite well and druids, meeeh, averagely.

If you picked up druid tank instead of paladin since wrath, you would probably play that druid slightly better than you play your paladin currently.

Just get so sick of the constant stomping on "paladins so easy" that I decided to actually check up the numbers on that.