10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't have time to check spell usage because I'm doing coursework but yeah, there's no reason to not use another spell the millisecond that the GCD finishes. Really if he's going more than half a second wait each time, he may think that's fast (it's not) but now imagine how much it adds up when your fight is 600 seconds long. You're only getting 2 thirds of what you should be.

Find out if he's a clicker, watch if he keyboard turns, and make him read this guide because you telling him what to do, whilst admirable and definitely helpful, he might not understand things (he'll say he does) and you'll have to repeat this every month or so and it'll piss both you and him off. Make him do his own research, even if you have to send him the links, that's still fine. And don't you dare let him read Noxxic, it's not as bad as it used to be but myself and others still have a phobia of that place.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Yeah, just again going through that log.

He used somewhere between 200-230 globals, depending a bit on how he used his HW, glyphed AS or not, consecration etc.
    In a fight that he can easily use 400+ globals.

So basically, he used one spell every 3 seconds instead of every 1.5 seconds. That is something that he needs to work on.

Can we get a link to your log?

Im not sure if horridon is a good example of a fight, since we were having some issues with people being bad on the double swipe, so he'd tank horridon away outranging the charge onto a raider. Usually it would hit the 1 healer with him. I think maybe his action was too far away for my combatlog to catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by wontonheroe View Post
    Im not sure if horridon is a good example of a fight, since we were having some issues with people being bad on the double swipe, so he'd tank horridon away outranging the charge onto a raider. Usually it would hit the 1 healer with him. I think maybe his action was too far away for my combatlog to catch it.
    I was using jin'rokh as an example, and his skill usage was the same. I even shaved off about 30 seconds on the napkin math to account for him being thrown/stunned. His skill usage was about 50% what it should be. That is without a doubt the reason for his low threat generation.

(I did the math for how many abilities he could use over a 4 minute fight with a 4.5 second [0 haste build] CD on CS/Judgment, his usage was actually <50%)

Deleted
    Just had Ji-Kun use Talon Rake on my Ghost Iron Dragonling! Clearly best trinket. Both me and the other tank busrt out in laugh!

Ji-Kun will perform the Talon Rake on the closest target in melee range if the current tank is out of melee range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Ji-Kun will perform the Talon Rake on the closest target in melee range if the current tank is out of melee range.
    Yeah, figured that, but still was hillarious.

Also, Speed of Light exactly negates the push-back.

Deleted
    Anyone got ideas how to solo tank the last 5 bosses? Already done / got strategy for the first 7.

Yes, I am a solo tank maniac, I like challenges as tank.

Some of the latter 5 seems hard to solo tank though.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-03-18 at 12:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Anyone got ideas how to solo tank the last 5 bosses? Already done / got strategy for the first 7.

Yes, I am a solo tank maniac, I like challenges as tank.

Some of the latter 5 seems hard to solo tank though.

Really? You figured out a way to solo tank Megaera but not Iron Qon?

How would you get around the stacking Mortal Strike and "bleed until 100%" ability at Durumu? Surely at some point it will become impossible to heal to full.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekstep View Post
    Really? You figured out a way to solo tank Megaera but not Iron Qon?
    Megaera not even mechanically hard to solo tank. Just need a high health pool tank to be able to eat dual breaths, alternative a very special raid setup that have someone that is not a tank to range tank it. (Warlocks can range tank a head for example)

Though to be honest, had a rough plan for Iron Qon and Twins, just had not had time to test them yet, as I did not do those on PTR and didn't try 1 tank on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    How would you get around the stacking Mortal Strike and "bleed until 100%" ability at Durumu? Surely at some point it will become impossible to heal to full.
    You can reset the stacks. Stacks fall off themselves during the beam phase and just BoP during the colorblind phase.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-03-18 at 12:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you people still awake. Go the fuck to sleep D: That's an order. I'm only awake because I'm still doing coursework and I have to get up at 8am, it's now 2:30, won't finish coursework before 4 so I'm not bothering. You lot have no excuse.

Shoo!
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Why are you people still awake. Go the fuck to sleep D: That's an order. I'm only awake because I'm still doing coursework and I have to get up at 8am, it's now 2:30, won't finish coursework before 4 so I'm not bothering. You lot have no excuse.

Shoo!
    That presentation for a history course won't write itself, you know?

(I also got side-tracked by trying to access my laptop via the network)

divine, light, bubbles

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, did Physics coursework earlier, just finished my chemistry coursework and doing my maths coursework now. Second Order Differential Equations, Taylor Series around 2 variables, Matrices and Imaginary Numbers. I'll be finished by sunrise...

Honestly all those titles makes it sound like I'm still at school but nope, first year chemistry student... gota catch em all, sciences!

Pffff... history... I would never...
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-03-18 at 03:14 AM.

Sounds like the "introduction" to maths course that traumatized me for life back when I tried chemistry at university level. I could do the chem, couldn't do the maths. Good thing WoW math is simple operations with very few variables.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have 2 potential modules, one for if you didn't do A level maths, which is basically a fast track through it, and then one for those who have done it. Having done A level maths, I have to do this other one and it's really not that bad. It's all new to me but it's not necessarily difficult.

The physics I have to do annoys me, because I would have done a physics degree had I not dropped Physics A level, which I only did because I got a certain university offer I wanted so did an easier subject... and then got a B in it so missed the offer -.- But I prefer physics to chemistry, so I go to the lectures daydream my way through and come out with a silly high mark so far. A lot of people are sitting there struggling with concepts and imagining things in 3d and I've done it all before in my own time when it interested me. I affectionately know it as retard physics, then help out my friends if they struggle as a lot of them are completely incapable of imagining things changing over time in their head, let alone in 3 dimensions. That's something I've found as childs play and if you can do that, you pass our course with a 1st so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    We have 2 potential modules, one for if you didn't do A level maths, which is basically a fast track through it, and then one for those who have done it. Having done A level maths, I have to do this other one and it's really not that bad. It's all new to me but it's not necessarily difficult.

The physics -words-
    You lost me at physics!