10+ Year Old Account
    Intended? No, but it was pointed out to Blizzard back in the beta and they did nothing. Then just before 5.2 I think they announced something about how it was wrong that prot wanted rets tier pieces (questionable...) but then I can't remember if they said any more. Basically they were given warning, didn't do anything about it and haven't attempted to change it so they must be content about it now at least. This is the second tier of the three we get normally, so it's quite late to actually do anything about it, 6 months through.

People can theorize about the parry/dodge for GC change being their attempt to change it but within about... an hour of it being announced, the whole community said "Doesn't change a thing" and they would have known that, so it's clear they haven't said "Oh no, we can't be having that" and are cool with it. Just have to wait and see whether they change us back in the next expansion, or whether they make DK's and Warriors similar to us. Having said that though, we could see another big stat overhaul so...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    They gotta have had some thought behind it. They did not just randomly add SoB for tanks. They atleast intended it to be a useable stats. I think the objection they have is that tanks prioritise dps gear instead of tank gear, not the stat itself. I think they are quite happy with where haste is today, just not how it is obtained. Haste is a much better designed tank stat than the tank stats. It is interactive and you can really notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Is a parry that big of a deal?

I barely notice them. Its most often after checking the combat log afterwards.
    For me at least, its more the annoyance of counting 12345 in your head, and a random 1% parry throwing that off

This may be a bad place to post this but we have recently power leveled and tried to quickly gear an alt paladin to be our new offtank in our 10man run and we got him to aroudn 490 ilvl and took him into ToT last night to try to get some gear. He gets hit pretty hard (as expected due to low gear) but I was curious if there is anything specific that would help while we are in the gearing process and smooth out some progression fights (Tortos bats were dropping him fast).... or should he go for the Hit->Exp 15%->Haste right off the bat? Right now he has Stamina gems just to get his hp up since we 2 heal everything. I know in the long run it will be fine, but its just right now it seems dicey. Any tips? Armory -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rseen/advanced

Deleted
    At lower gear levels his stamina will be very low, so stamina gems are fine. This will also mean that his secondary stats will be low. I would advice going for hit>exp7.5 and then going either haste or mastery while his secondary stats are low. If he funnels everything into expetise hard cap there will basically not be any secondary stats left.
    Replace stuff of nightmares with Ghost Iron Dragonling, hit exp haste/mastery gems.
    He should probably get a stamina trinket though when his item level is so low.

Not sure how expensive but try to get him a crafted helm (522), or tell him to kill a few rares --> get key of tropes --> get a lot of coins and run terrace with bonus rolls (probably biggest upgrade for him).
    Also after trying out i'm fairly happy with hit>exp(7.5)>haste>exp(15)>mastery so can also try to do that. (hurray for something like 30+% unbuffed haste)

Talking about http://www.wowhead.com/item=94266 which is probably BiS till tier helm.

There's 148 of the stupid blue pvp craftable items that you can learn along with the 522 raid craftables, and only one per day at that.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    There's 148 of the stupid blue pvp craftable items that you can learn along with the 522 raid craftables, and only one per day at that.
    a)56 (or so)
    b)doesn't have to be someone in guild, fairly sure that there's a high chance that someone on server did

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    a)56 (or so)
    b)doesn't have to be someone in guild, fairly sure that there's a high chance that someone on server did
    Search within for Blacksmithing, there's 142. But yes, there might be someone on server who can do it. I managed to find someone who can do the boots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Search within for Blacksmithing, there's 142. But yes, there might be someone on server who can do it. I managed to find someone who can do the boots.
    Only 32 of them for blacksmithing though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lumenos View Post
    Parry and Dodge will actually want to be stacked in a specific ratio to each other to minimize the effect of diminishing returns. You can actually use the below macro in game and it will tell you if you need more dodge or parry.

" /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Ideal pre-dr parry/dodge ratio: 3.597, yours is %.3f%%, if too high reforge more parry to dodge",(GetParryChance()-3.67)/(GetDodgeChance()-5.01))) "

I take no credit for this macro, it was created by Theck.

Is there an update to this or is it still valid. If so - in game it gives your ratio as a %, presumably this is incorrect, so what I should be looking to do is to reforge dodge to parry (if no hit/exp/haste stats) so that the ratio is as close to 3.6 as possible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shambam View Post
    Is there an update to this or is it still valid. If so - in game it gives your ratio as a %, presumably this is incorrect, so what I should be looking to do is to reforge dodge to parry (if no hit/exp/haste stats) so that the ratio is as close to 3.6 as possible?
    While the information is valid. It is still not worth it. Basically, if you balance our dodge/parry, that means you are doing so in the expense of haste/hit/exp/mastery. So the gain is not worth the cost. Just completely ignore it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shambam View Post
    The way I deal with it, is to value dodge over parry while reforging. Sadly I still have atleast some peices with dodge/parry on them so I reforge the parry into haste instead of dodge to get a little bit nearer to the value.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=138646 --> teaches : 56

You can optimize your avoidance, but it really isn't worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You can optimize your avoidance, but it really isn't worth it.
    Basically, to put it other words.

Reforging and gems are like a very very expensive perfume, that you only got a very limited supply of, so you can only apply it to certain areas of your body.
    optimizing your avoidance is like spraying that perfume on your ass hair instead of your neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    optimizing your avoidance is like spraying that perfume on your ass hair instead of your neck.
    Clearly the best analogy for such a task, probably sig worthy.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Daily frustration:

Getting an upgrade from 497 to 528. Sounds like a success, right? Not when it is a dodge/parry belt :/ But over 500 stamina gained is so much

Deleted
    Had the same thing with my chest. It hurts, but you gotta do it.

Since 5.2 released I have lost about 2000 haste rating and gained something like 80k life raid-buffed. I guess that trade isn't too bad, am now something like 514 equipped.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-03-28 at 10:35 PM.