10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Not really raiding related, but did anyone try to do rank 8 bosses as prot ? I've had no problems clearing up to battletron as prot (died once on dark summoner because initially avoided too much dmg and had basically no veng, which i quickly fixed). But had to switch ret for battletron.

Looking at rank 8 bosses, i haven't gotten to even try epicus (hurray for rng), but it seems like Millhouse is impossible, Zen'shar also impossible, and disrupton somewhat possible.
    Just got to rank 8 a couple of days ago, but epicus seems like you just need to have mad dodge skillz. Starting to get the hang of Millhouse, butit largely depends also on where he places the beam things. Zen'shar - haven't figured out what he does yet, and haven't gotten disrupton so far.

Deleted
    Hmmpfs... Got a question. Im netting around 2300 haste from using ghost iron dragonling over darkmist vortex (normal) which one do you guys reckon I should use for dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    I'm wondering if 522/528 healing shield from Tortos is better than 489 one from Spirit Kings. Since all our healers already got theirs, I was thinking about taking one if it drops this week.
    Yup, pick that shield up over SK shield, the tortos shield is actually BiS if you care about a MAX haste build.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
    Hmmpfs... Got a question. Im netting around 2300 haste from using ghost iron dragonling over darkmist vortex (normal) which one do you guys reckon I should use for dps?
    For dps, dragonling, 2300 static haste will feel a lot better than a 7k haste proc every 105 seconds.
    Last edited by DrDreads; 2013-04-06 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah I guess I'll try it out with the dragonling for a while, maybe I get lucky with the heroic thunderforged spark on sunday on horridon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    I'm wondering if 522/528 healing shield from Tortos is better than 489 one from Spirit Kings. Since all our healers already got theirs, I was thinking about taking one if it drops this week.
    Yes. I am using it. I am using it now, and I was using the gara'jal shield in T14.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Yes. I am using it. I am using it now, and I was using the gara'jal shield in T14.
    Hasn't dropped yet, and the healers are ahead of me in DKP :/

Deleted
    So using the healer shield over the other 3 actual tank shields is a good choice? 200 haste gain vs the loss of 788 str? the sp from int is equal or?

Quote Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
    So using the healer shield over the other 3 actual tank shields is a good choice? 200 haste gain vs the loss of 788 str? the sp from int is equal or?

Don't get spell power from Int any more. Read the Guarded by the Light tool-tip. Spell Power = Attack Power/2

If you are tanking with 170-230k AP that is fluctuating all the time, do you really think anybody is going to notice if you have 1600 AP more or less?

Deleted
    On what fights do you actually get that AP? Seems like they are fewer then the ones at around ~100k. 1600 ap + benefit of secondary stat seems to be overall more benefitial, in this case you gain ~500 mastery 788 str vs ~200 haste. Feels like that extra ap would end up doing roughly about same/if not more dps on a little lower vengeance levels.

All of them on 25 man :/

350k on Tortos tanking adds.

Deleted
    I wouldn't consider going a ridiculously haste heavy build for 25man tanking atleast... for 10man you rarley see 170k vengeance+, atleast what i've seen. so no math for when 200 haste would provide more damage then 788 str?

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely have below 200k ap while tanking (25man). On Jin'rokh heroic I'm usually having around 280k ap, since boss hits for about 350k before cooldowns/ShotR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Hasn't dropped yet, and the healers are ahead of me in DKP :/
    Tortos shield is not even BiS for the healers. Our guild decided tank Prio on it, our healer passed on it to me.

Also don't see where people are getting the 200 haste from vs 500 mastery + 788 str

First off lets compare the 522 version.

788str
    524mastery
    548 reforgeable stat

vs
    788int
    458 haste
    597 reforgable stat

For a haste build, the second one is superior, especially in 25 man.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-04-06 at 11:33 PM.

from the vp vendor, should i get the tank ring(dodge+mastery) or the dps one(crit+haste)? i was thinking the dps one cause it has haste on it, but idk.

Deleted
    haste one if you got haste build, mastery if you got matery build.

What about the Wrathion Cloacks?. You will chose the tank or dps?

Deleted
    dodge and parry vs haste and crit? Not even a competetion, dps one easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Borin View Post
    What about the Wrathion Cloacks?. You will chose the tank or dps?
    The DPS one with haste, mastery and crit. Absolutely no competition there. Remember that you may have to do that quest as Retribution to be offered that cloak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The DPS one with haste, mastery and crit. Absolutely no competition there. Remember that you may have to do that quest as Retribution to be offered that cloak.
    Which sucks, since it looks like it'll be a role-based challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Which sucks, since it looks like it'll be a role-based challenge.
    good thing if you're going for that cloak your gear is pretty much ret gear anyway, minus a weapon.