Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by youlowgee View Post
    good thing if you're going for that cloak your gear is pretty much ret gear anyway, minus a weapon.
    Well, yea, but from the looks of it'll be a test like that Proving Grounds stuff they talked about and as a MS tank I'd like to prove me mettle as one!

And I don't have that much haste gear though, I always skip gear for DPS or Healers if they need it as my gear is ok and I'd rather have them gear up first.

Seeing how we're able to get gems for all specs i think might be the same deal with the cloaks. (Wouldn't make sense to force ppl to do only 1 role).

lf help finding my 2nd trinket, currently have the 522 expertise/str valor trinket. for moy other one would people suggest the tanking 522 valor trinket mastery+ on use dodge or the 489 shadopan one that is stam+ on use dodge. Using haste build fyi

Deleted
    Ghost Iron Dragonling is superior to the 522 mastery trinket. So it is a question about Shado-Pan vs Ghost Iron Dragonling. You want secondary stats or stamina? Make a choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Ghost Iron Dragonling is superior to the 522 mastery trinket. So it is a question about Shado-Pan vs Ghost Iron Dragonling. You want secondary stats or stamina? Make a choice.
    hey firefly33 , which trinkets are better than the ghostling trinket ? And how comes haste & crit is better than dodge & parry isn't crit kinda bad for us ?
    Greetings maiku

Quote Originally Posted by maiku77 View Post
    hey firefly33 , which trinkets are better than the ghostling trinket ? And how comes haste & crit is better than dodge & parry isn't crit kinda bad for us ?
    Greetings maiku
    While crit is somewhat ineffective for us, the matter of fact is that dodge/parry are also quite useless, because of that we view this item choice as haste + 1 shitty stat we can reforge away vs 2 shitty stats where can we can reforge only 1 away.

Also which trinket is better depends on your gear / build, if you have a lot of hit/exp gear you might benefit from pure haste trinkets (Will's str one. or horridon's). In other cases you might want to grab a stam trinket. Some trinkets are situation, but GID is fairly overpowered because of it's 1.8k secondary stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maiku77 View Post
    Greetings maiku
    Why haste is better than dodge/parry is kinda obvious.
    Ideally in the Ghost Iron Dragonling you want to fit in Hit/exp/haste or mastery gem. However in some cases, you will reach hit cap even with reforging away from hit, so the extra hit gem will only overcap you, then you will have to use haste/exp/mastery gems, which is not optimal but also very good.

You do not need to use crit gems at all.

crit vs dodge/parry is a matter of prefference. I personally would not use the word better, in terms of crit vs parry/dodge, I would just say that crit is less shitty. In my opinion, dodge/parry has a value of 0 on single target boss fights. It has some value on fights like tortos bats which is AoE, its actually pretty decent there, but not good enough for me to justify gearing for dodge/parry for 1/13 fights.

So I rather have more crit, which atleast adds more damage than having dodge/parry, which in my tanking opinion does nothing for me, as dodge/parries are unreliable and can not be counted for. My thinking of tanking is that, I should be able to survive something, always, any time. If surviving for me requires me to get lucky dodges, or if getting bad luck streak of dodges results in death, then I would consider myself a horrible tank. I rather have 0 dodge and parry, and rely more on my own skills, cooldown usage and health management. I think dodge/parry is horribly designed and in no way needed for tanking. Which is why I prefer crit > dodge/parry since it is atleast reliable and provide decent dps.

That said, crit is still far behind than the other stats. I just do not find it as useless as other people here does. And I would rather avoid a dodge/parry piece than a crit one.

That said, crit is still far behind than the other stats. I just do not find it as useless as other people here does. And I would rather avoid a dodge/parry piece than a crit one.
    * Unless said dodge/parry piece is higher in item level, such as an upgrade from 496-509 to 522-528, thus making the stamina increase eclipse the other stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    * Unless said dodge/parry piece is higher in item level, such as an upgrade from 496-509 to 522-528, thus making the stamina increase eclipse the other stats.
    Yes, of course that. You have to remember that stamina, armor, sockets, and more secondary stats = more reforging, so generally higher item level is awesome. Secondary stats is still.. secondary... Stamina and armor is great.

Yes, of course that. You have to remember that stamina, armor, sockets, and more secondary stats = more reforging, so generally higher item level is awesome. Secondary stats is still.. secondary... Stamina and armor is great.
    Well i wouldn't say that secondary stats are really secondary. Currently of all the gloves it seems like that the best alternative (for 522ilvl) after the ones off primordius are the valor int ones, simply because of that haste/mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Well i wouldn't say that secondary stats are really secondary. Currently of all the gloves it seems like that the best alternative (for 522ilvl) after the ones off primordius are the valor int ones, simply because of that haste/mastery.
    Well they still got the same stamina and armor.
    Strength is thirdary (ehr, what comes after secondary?) which is why the int gloves or okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they still got the same stamina and armor.
    Strength is thirdary (ehr, what comes after secondary?) which is why the int gloves or okay.
    Tertiary. :P

And as far as crit versus avoidance goes, it's not even a matter of which is "better", it's a matter of "what do you want?" Crit is damage, avoidance is defense. If you're comfortable with your damage intake and can sacrifice defense for offense, that's when the choice matters.

I was thinking, going haste build, I shouldn't go for tier items should I? Since they all suck. Who uses that heal on themselves anyways?
    Or am I perhaps wrong here and should start working out how I could infact use that t15 2set bonus? The 4set bonus looks ok tho.

Are they worth going for, or should I just get all the other gear with very nice stats on them for raiding?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Deleted
    Well, I rather give tier pieces to my other guild mates so I am not actively chasing it, and tier pieces are not so good that I would use 502 over 522.

The protection helmet and shoulders are OK (mastery/expertise and mastery/hit respectively), the retribution chest is excellent (haste/expertise), Primordius and Durumu non-set items for hands (hit/haste) and pants (exp/haste). At least, that is what I'm planning on doing.

anyone did any theory on how good is 2pc set bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by zloitima View Post
    anyone did any theory on how good is 2pc set bonus?
    I think I remember reading some, IIRC it is nice to have, but not worth trying to keep up 100% of the time; see it as a way to reduce the mitigation penalty of hitting WoG instead of ShoR.

Deleted
    Again, in a stochaistic meassure of a fight where you are constantly being face punched with 100% melee hits, it is okay, but not worth maintaining.

In reality, it is mostly crap. It is mostly for those cases when you actually have to use a WoG, it kind off weakens the blow of having to waste HoPo on WoG instead of SotR, making it more forgiveable.

The only exception is when you can bank up holy power in advance and it in advance.

Say tortos bats. You cast a WoG before they land, so you can keep both the block buff + SotR up, thats the cases when it is good, or actually extremely good, so it is more of a niche ability, it is very good in 5 mans though, it fairs well vs multiple mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    The 4set bonus looks ok tho.
    The 4p bonus has been very nice to me. If you have it, you can actually abuse it with Unbreakable Spirit. Just stand in lots of stuff and pop DP and take in all the Holy Power.

Deleted
    hi guys, first of all i want to say this thread is great and i've picked up so much good info about MoP paladin tanking here.

I've been sticking with haste build through T14, but now with new gear i've reached a point where with more haste i feel uncofortable, cause buttons are coming off CD faster then i can push them, so is it ok if stick to that haste limit and start stacking more mastery or should i still stack haste and use less gap fillers and more CS and Judgement? Found out that around 15% haste and 3.9s CS cd i feel most comfortable. Hit is capped and exp hard capped.

Casual 10 man 5/12 normal tank.