quick question:
    do u think http://www.wowhead.com/item=94519 would be better than lei shen's orders normal, 489.
    with reforge i lose about 500 haste, so is the proc worth that much?

No. /10 char
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Haste > Strength pretty much always.

Hey just a quick question which seal is a biggest dps increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    I don't have any numbers but I'd guess SoI is still superior due to the Spell Haste thing?

Even if SoT is superior I honestly didn't notice much when I tried it out (just going for it in a farm boss for shits and giggles).

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Seal of Truth. Is about 4k dps with 25 man levels of Vengeance. SoI is about ten times that in heals per second.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Blademaster
    First off I wanted to say hello to everyone I have been lurking reading everything prot pala for sometime now. anyways I just have a quick question, at what haste values do we get our extra SS ticks? Currently I am at like 11.8k haste and wanted to know if I still need to push it to get that 2nd extra tick?

Thanks, nutty

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttypoolog View Post
    First off I wanted to say hello to everyone I have been lurking reading everything prot pala for sometime now. anyways I just have a quick question, at what haste values do we get our extra SS ticks? Currently I am at like 11.8k haste and wanted to know if I still need to push it to get that 2nd extra tick?

Thanks, nutty
    http://www.sacredduty.net/2012/11/21...for-tankadins/

Code:
    |    haste% |  10% |   30% |   50% |   70% |   90% |  110% |
    |         N |    6 |     7 |     8 |     9 |    10 |    11 |
    |      None | 4251 | 12749 | 21243 | 29749 | 38261 | 46739 |
    |        RB | 2025 | 10118 | 18207 | 26308 | 34415 | 42490 |
    |       SoI |    1 |  7727 | 15448 | 23181 | 30919 | 38627 |
    |    RB+SoI |    0 |  5335 | 12688 | 20053 | 27423 | 34764 |
    |        BL |    0 |     0 |  6533 | 13076 | 19624 | 26146 |
    |     BL+RB |    0 |     0 |  4198 | 10430 | 16665 | 22877 |
    |    BL+SoI |    0 |     0 |  2075 |  8024 | 13976 | 19905 |
    | BL+SoI+RB |    0 |     0 |     0 |  5618 | 11287 | 16934 |

Oh nice. Thanks for that, first I've seen it.

5000 more haste til 9 ticks!
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Blademaster
    Yeah thanks for the quick reply, looks like I need to squeeze out just a little bit more

Remember that the breakpoints are only relevant if you are actually letting SS drop, if you keep it up every point is worth as much.

Off topic: Trying to keep a straight face in the R&D forum is hard. It feels like I am back working at the kindergarden watching the kids argue over the swing set or which toy car is the fastest.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

But even with an early refresh (within 10 seconds, not like INSTANT refresh) you'd still get a non-zero bonus from the extra tick in addition to the normal benefit of haste per point, no? I agree that each point of haste still adds an increase, but as I understood haste breakpoints and clipping, reaching that next breakpoint should allow for additional benefits per point. I thought, anyway.

And yes, it's hard to have a discussion with emotional people who spew nonsensical vitriol and refuse to adapt/accept the way the game is changing. I'm sorry for them and their raid team (or LFR squad, more likely) that they feel inadequate, but unless we're talking about mages, the game isn't balanced around personal preference and feelings.
    20k and counting...

Each point is worth the same, the only "breakpoints" that you can talk about is where SS tick time becomes a multiple of a boss swing timer, i.e. for standard boss swing timer when SS reaches 4.5 or 3 second tick speed, but there are more things coming into play there like bosses aborting swing timers for casting spells etc totally screwing that up (hello empress)
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

But doesn't that look at it a bit stochastically? I mean, most bosses have abilities outside of normal melee that are not on their "melee GCD" if you will. Thinking things like Snapping Bite, Hard Stare, Trip Punc/Dire Call, etc. Sure, we'll have ShotR up for those anyway, but even if you're not on a swing timer multiple, the extra breakpoints will most likely buffer SOMETHING. No?
    20k and counting...

i have issue with threat lately. when there's a tank swap i am often forced to just stand and do nothing, otherwise i aggro the boss back. misdirection helps a bit, but not enough. salvation is good, but only briefly and CD is long. anyone else has this problem?

That is why I put "" around 'breakpoints'. My personal opinion is that there are no breakpoints, simple as that, each point is worth the same.
    However others could consider there to be breakpoints like such as I described. If you for example would go from 4.51s to 4.49s in for example thecks simulations, you would notice a big difference, since it is in all sense and purposes a breakpoint for patchwerk 1.5s swing timer fights. But as you mentioned, boss abilities hold this to be false in real virtual world tanking.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zloitima View Post
    i have issue with threat lately. when there's a tank swap i am often forced to just stand and do nothing, otherwise i aggro the boss back. misdirection helps a bit, but not enough. salvation is good, but only briefly and CD is long. anyone else has this problem?
    How I often solved is it by casting salvation on my self, then going absolutely balls to the walls on threat, outthreat the crap out of that other tank. Then you just communicate, if you have three seconds left on HoSalv, just say "Okay, taunt in 3...2...1..." and problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Off topic: Trying to keep a straight face in the R&D forum is hard. It feels like I am back working at the kindergarden watching the kids argue over the swing set or which toy car is the fastest.
    It'd be better if they had more than one arguement of "ERMAHGERD BATTLE HEALER AND BOP OP NERFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF".

That is why I put "" around 'breakpoints'. My personal opinion is that there are no breakpoints, simple as that, each point is worth the same.
    However others could consider there to be breakpoints like such as I described. If you for example would go from 4.51s to 4.49s in for example thecks simulations, you would notice a big difference, since it is in all sense and purposes a breakpoint for patchwerk 1.5s swing timer fights. But as you mentioned, boss abilities hold this to be false in real virtual world tanking.
    Breakpoints seem useful when you throw your SS on the other tank long enough for you to not want to refresh it because you lost your vengeance.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-05-07 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    How I often solved is it by casting salvation on my self, then going absolutely balls to the walls on threat, outthreat the crap out of that other tank. Then you just communicate, if you have three seconds left on HoSalv, just say "Okay, taunt in 3...2...1..." and problem solved.
    I do that too but it just adds extra talk in communication heavy fights. Isn't it more practical to just macro a /cancelaura Righteous Fury and then add /cast Righteous Fury on your Taunt macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I do that too but it just adds extra talk in communication heavy fights. Isn't it more practical to just macro a /cancelaura Righteous Fury and then add /cast Righteous Fury on your Taunt macro?
    This is what I usually do along with salv

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Well yeah, but it gets to the point where the other tank learns when to taunt back so you dont really have to say it anymore. After a weeks raiding with my tank I never had to call out for a taunt back again. He knew when I was gonna overaggro, and hey, he got threat meters too. RF is still a wasted global that shouldnt need to be done, and if you get aggro for 1 hit refreshes your vengeance so it is good for dps aswell.