Deleted
    Hi, I'm a recently switched-to-prot, former Ret.
    I was wondering if I should buy the pandashan 489 stamina trinket (or buy the darkmoon card but the /use dodge is pretty much useless) since I will be solo tanking Iron qon HC 10man tomorrow.

Is my stamina enough assuming I manage my CDs correctly, or do I really lack stam because of my 2 dps trinkets ?

armory here : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gneur/advanced

My 2nd question is : is it possible to "solo" tank horridon (stay on boss) even if I am the only paladin in the raid using US or clemency ?

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Question 1: Yes, you got more than enough hp even with 0 stamian trinkets on.

Question 2: Yes. I prefer US. DS after second door, DS after Fourth, BoP when war god dies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Question 1: Yes, you got more than enough hp even with 0 stamian trinkets on.

Question 2: Yes. I prefer US. DS after second door, DS after Fourth, BoP when war god dies.
    Dat speed

Okay thanks, I was afraid I'd need to cancel debuffs on horridon after each gate, but seems I was wrong to fear... the light will protect me then
    I'd have prefered to use DS also thanks to the reduced Dprot rather than a double hand not so useful.

I'll regem my STR/haste gems to expertise/haste so that I gain a good chunk of mastery and enchant my chest to stamina also.
    If there is anything on my gear that scares the hell out of you, please tell me

EDIT : changes made, won 1k haste and 500 mastery
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2013-05-26 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    My personal prefference is mastery on shield and haste on boots. I do not think run speed is that useful on boots. But that is just me.

Deleted
    My personal prefference is mastery on shield and haste on boots. I do not think run speed is that useful on boots. But that is just me.
    You might need speed on boots for heroic Ji-Kun because some of the nests you won't reach by just jumping off unless you have the enchant or you use a speed boost.

Speaking of Heroic Ji-Kun, we've been progressing on him on heroic 10 man recently and I get hit like a truck! The other tank is a druid bear and he can soak pools while tanking the boss without dieing and hes in similar gear as me yet, I end up dieing or having really close calls without even trying to soak pools at the same time lol

Anyone got any tips that might help? I only go onto two nests and we taunt off each other at two talons rake debuffs and I try to time it so I have SotR up for when talon rake hits and on the last pull of the night I gave Hand of Purity as try and that seemed to help but that may just be my imagination...

One last thing I also got Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun today on normal and I currently have a fully upgraded normal spark (obviously gunna keep that) and a Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (not sure which is better), anyone have any idea which is better or if theres not a lot of difference between them? Im only going to the expertise soft cap so expertise isn't a huge problem

Deleted
    Well, thats what the tier 1 talents are for. You can get to all nests without boot enchant.

Soaking pools on 10H Ji-Kun is mostly a waste of time and just extra stress on healers. If your dps is any good, you'll kill the boss long before pools become a problem.

For Talon rake, just make sure you have ShotR up and you should be able to have glyphed DivProt up for the 2nd Talon Rake. If you need to take a third, you can guardian, AD or ask for an external.

Deleted
    Well, thats what the tier 1 talents are for. You can get to all nests without boot enchant.
    Jumping down to nest 2 is incredibly close with 100% speed (I get a shield from our priest here for run speed) and jumping down from nest 4 is also fairly close though less so than nest 2. If you're using SoL here as I do for the downdrafts you can safely use it to reach nest 2 anyway so I guess the speed enchant on boots is fairly moot.

@ Nairobi: Recently you posted your AMR stat weights in another post, but in cant find them anymore. Think it was on one of those posts Fhi blocked, prolly deleted now.

Would you please post them again here? Would like to check how my enchanting/gemming would change with your weights instead of my current ones.

Very apreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you pala's feel in this patch survivability vise? Our paladin, with haste build, who was easy to keep up/heal, got complaints from healers that after the patch he is harder to keep up. Raid type last night: 10-man normal up to Iron Qon.

He said that he feels that he should take more of defensive stats now on, rather than DPS ones.

Deleted
    don,t see any changes...i have not so much mastery(47% before patch, now 42% dmg reduction) but it is just as before...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as I said, he is haste build paladin. With 14.38% mastery, 20.75% haste.

Deleted
    There should be less overheals now... ofc that assumes nobody has upgraded their gear since patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    There should be less overheals now... ofc that assumes nobody has upgraded their gear since patch.
    I doubt that less overhealing would impact survival? (then again I have not played a prot).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I doubt that less overhealing would impact survival? (then again I have not played a prot).
    I was being obliquely obtuse. There is no significant change to prot pally survivability since the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said that he feels that he should take more of defensive stats now on, rather than DPS ones.
    He's exhibiting a wonderful understanding of stats there. Just continue as previous. He could go mastery if he wants but there's no reason to switch.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I wonder why he's using strength gems rather than expertise gems.
    Other than that - what are those "defensive stats"...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I wonder why he's using strength gems rather than expertise gems.
    Other than that - what are those "defensive stats"...?
    haste ofc

How do you pala's feel in this patch survivability vise? Our paladin, with haste build, who was easy to keep up/heal, got complaints from healers that after the patch he is harder to keep up. Raid type last night: 10-man normal up to Iron Qon.

Anecdotal evidence != evidence.

The only thing that changed about prot paladins in the last patch is ShoR being hit by a 5% nerf, and that change should be almost invisible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I assume that dodge/parry/block are defensive stats... As mastery is more healing self. But as I said... I have never played prot thus I don't know much what is needed or not.

And he used str. gems to get more DPS out. Even with his present setup, he has aggro issues when I am OTing (and we just don't have that much DPS to go around, so I could slack and stop DPS x_x). This is our post-patch run. And this was one of our previous attempts before patch. Has really something changed or is the druid healer's issue?