@ Nairobi: Recently you posted your AMR stat weights in another post, but in cant find them anymore. Think it was on one of those posts Fhi blocked, prolly deleted now.

Would you please post them again here? Would like to check how my enchanting/gemming would change with your weights instead of my current ones.

Very apreciated

How do you pala's feel in this patch survivability vise? Our paladin, with haste build, who was easy to keep up/heal, got complaints from healers that after the patch he is harder to keep up. Raid type last night: 10-man normal up to Iron Qon.

He said that he feels that he should take more of defensive stats now on, rather than DPS ones.
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished ||Proud RL of 25-man 7/14 HC PUG
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid

don,t see any changes...i have not so much mastery(47% before patch, now 42% dmg reduction) but it is just as before...

Well as I said, he is haste build paladin. With 14.38% mastery, 20.75% haste.

There should be less overheals now... ofc that assumes nobody has upgraded their gear since patch.
    Keeping it url since 1864.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    There should be less overheals now... ofc that assumes nobody has upgraded their gear since patch.
    I doubt that less overhealing would impact survival? (then again I have not played a prot).

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I doubt that less overhealing would impact survival? (then again I have not played a prot).
    I was being obliquely obtuse. There is no significant change to prot pally survivability since the patch.

He said that he feels that he should take more of defensive stats now on, rather than DPS ones.
    He's exhibiting a wonderful understanding of stats there. Just continue as previous. He could go mastery if he wants but there's no reason to switch.

I wonder why he's using strength gems rather than expertise gems.
    Other than that - what are those "defensive stats"...?
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I wonder why he's using strength gems rather than expertise gems.
    Other than that - what are those "defensive stats"...?
    haste ofc

How do you pala's feel in this patch survivability vise? Our paladin, with haste build, who was easy to keep up/heal, got complaints from healers that after the patch he is harder to keep up. Raid type last night: 10-man normal up to Iron Qon.

Anecdotal evidence != evidence.

The only thing that changed about prot paladins in the last patch is ShoR being hit by a 5% nerf, and that change should be almost invisible.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Tbh I assume that dodge/parry/block are defensive stats... As mastery is more healing self. But as I said... I have never played prot thus I don't know much what is needed or not.

And he used str. gems to get more DPS out. Even with his present setup, he has aggro issues when I am OTing (and we just don't have that much DPS to go around, so I could slack and stop DPS x_x). This is our post-patch run. And this was one of our previous attempts before patch. Has really something changed or is the druid healer's issue?

Tbh I assume that dodge/parry/block are defensive stats... As mastery is more healing self.
    He won't be using WoG much if at all (or shouldn't be) so the mastery for more self healing really isn't a thing. Dodge and Parry are great for reducing damage but really isn't the route you want to go down, damage will get spiky. Block comes from mastery but a better uptime of SHOTR will beat more regular blocks in term of reduced damage.

Tell him to get more haste, 20% Oo

Ye, your paladin is doing fine. Should get more haste though.

I could post more about it but afraid of getting banned because of MeMe.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

So... Ralador . If I understood correctly he needs more haste and instead of str. gems he should be using exp. haste ones? Well the expertise/haste gems would IDD allow him to reforge possible more haste.

But what of his DPS, he is "bit" concerned about his...

He'll get more dps benefits from haste then from strength (AP from vengence makes AP from strength a pretty poor distant cousin).

Honestly though if he is having threat issues then it's more likely a rotational / clicking them buttons quicker issue then a gear problem.

If he's struggling to hold aggro from the other tank after a switch then pallies already have some pretty awesome tools for sorting that out too.
    Last edited by rawhammer; 2013-05-28 at 11:33 AM.

While str is nice for increasing dps is not such a big deal.

Keep in mind that 1str = 2ap aprox. What's 320 ap that gives him a pure str gem compared to, lets say, 150k ap provided by vengeance?

Getting more haste will allow him to land more strikes per minute increasing his dps more than gemming str.

Gosh, i even wear vp int plate legs because horridon and durumu refuse dropping plate haste leggings...

So... Ralador . If I understood correctly he needs more haste and instead of str. gems he should be using exp. haste ones? Well the expertise/haste gems would IDD allow him to reforge possible more haste.

But what of his DPS, he is "bit" concerned about his...
    Well, he really needs more haste.

He's sitting at 8.8k with 526 Itemlevel. I'm sitting at 14.4k with 527 Itemlevel.

Haste is the Prot Paladins way of doing more DPS. More haste means lower GCD, lower Spell CDs and that in terms translates to more spells used - especially more SOTR used. More SoTR used translates to better damage mitigation. He will also have faster autoattacks and more SS proccs which translate to better self healing.

So yes, he should aim for 7.5 hit / 15 exp / rest goes into haste. Use hit/haste - exp/haste - haste gems. Nothing else. Go for set boni that award haste/stam or lots of str. otherwise skip them and sockel haste.

He also needs to fix his SS uptime - that's abit low (70ish). Needs to be 95ish.

Also, hes hardly ever using CDs like Divine Protection (1 on Ji-Kun) or Ardent Defender (0 on Ji-Kun) or Hand of Purity (0 on Ji-Kun) or Devotion Aura (1 on Ji-Kun).
    He only used WoG once (which usually is no big deal). Problem is, he died on Ji-Kun due to Damage-Intake.

He really needs to step up his game. No wonder your healers are complaining.

Looks like he needs new bracers and helm, his current ones are pretty awful. He needs to swap metas if he is concerned about dmg, the tanking one is pretty weak considering our AM is twice as strong and is controllable. Expertise gemming is superior to strength since it frees him up to reforge more into haste, also would suggest using only hit/haste in blue sockets instead of hit/stam. I'm not too up to date on weapon enchants for prot pally but elemental force seems to be an odd choice. Tier helm or helm off Lei Shen would be best for replacing his current one, I think helm off Lei Shen might be slightly better due to the 180 str socket bonus versus the 180 parry on the tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.