10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Tbh I assume that dodge/parry/block are defensive stats... As mastery is more healing self.
    He won't be using WoG much if at all (or shouldn't be) so the mastery for more self healing really isn't a thing. Dodge and Parry are great for reducing damage but really isn't the route you want to go down, damage will get spiky. Block comes from mastery but a better uptime of SHOTR will beat more regular blocks in term of reduced damage.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Tell him to get more haste, 20% Oo

Deleted
    Ye, your paladin is doing fine. Should get more haste though.

I could post more about it but afraid of getting banned because of MeMe.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... Ralador . If I understood correctly he needs more haste and instead of str. gems he should be using exp. haste ones? Well the expertise/haste gems would IDD allow him to reforge possible more haste.

But what of his DPS, he is "bit" concerned about his...

Deleted
    He'll get more dps benefits from haste then from strength (AP from vengence makes AP from strength a pretty poor distant cousin).

Honestly though if he is having threat issues then it's more likely a rotational / clicking them buttons quicker issue then a gear problem.

If he's struggling to hold aggro from the other tank after a switch then pallies already have some pretty awesome tools for sorting that out too.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-05-28 at 11:33 AM.

While str is nice for increasing dps is not such a big deal.

Keep in mind that 1str = 2ap aprox. What's 320 ap that gives him a pure str gem compared to, lets say, 150k ap provided by vengeance?

Getting more haste will allow him to land more strikes per minute increasing his dps more than gemming str.

Gosh, i even wear vp int plate legs because horridon and durumu refuse dropping plate haste leggings...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    So... Ralador . If I understood correctly he needs more haste and instead of str. gems he should be using exp. haste ones? Well the expertise/haste gems would IDD allow him to reforge possible more haste.

But what of his DPS, he is "bit" concerned about his...
    Well, he really needs more haste.

He's sitting at 8.8k with 526 Itemlevel. I'm sitting at 14.4k with 527 Itemlevel.

Haste is the Prot Paladins way of doing more DPS. More haste means lower GCD, lower Spell CDs and that in terms translates to more spells used - especially more SOTR used. More SoTR used translates to better damage mitigation. He will also have faster autoattacks and more SS proccs which translate to better self healing.

So yes, he should aim for 7.5 hit / 15 exp / rest goes into haste. Use hit/haste - exp/haste - haste gems. Nothing else. Go for set boni that award haste/stam or lots of str. otherwise skip them and sockel haste.

He also needs to fix his SS uptime - that's abit low (70ish). Needs to be 95ish.

Also, hes hardly ever using CDs like Divine Protection (1 on Ji-Kun) or Ardent Defender (0 on Ji-Kun) or Hand of Purity (0 on Ji-Kun) or Devotion Aura (1 on Ji-Kun).
    He only used WoG once (which usually is no big deal). Problem is, he died on Ji-Kun due to Damage-Intake.

He really needs to step up his game. No wonder your healers are complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like he needs new bracers and helm, his current ones are pretty awful. He needs to swap metas if he is concerned about dmg, the tanking one is pretty weak considering our AM is twice as strong and is controllable. Expertise gemming is superior to strength since it frees him up to reforge more into haste, also would suggest using only hit/haste in blue sockets instead of hit/stam. I'm not too up to date on weapon enchants for prot pally but elemental force seems to be an odd choice. Tier helm or helm off Lei Shen would be best for replacing his current one, I think helm off Lei Shen might be slightly better due to the 180 str socket bonus versus the 180 parry on the tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    So gem. socket bonus if it has stamina or 120+ str? (taking the nr. from my own recommended things for classes I play).

Having a mastery socket bonus is bad? Dodge bonus is not that great then? And tbh I would keep (if it was my paladin), the stamina/haste gems as stamina is still good to have.

I reforged using wowreforge (and yes, I input new gear values to upgraded gear) his gear where I replaced the str/haste gems with haste/exp gems and changed few orange gems to haste ones and got roughly 9632 haste, while him being hit/exp capped ^^.

Prolly if the socket bonus from chest/gloves would be dropped, then it would be even more haste. Guess I will have to play around more with his gear and reforges to see what I can squeeze out.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-05-28 at 12:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. It really doesn't matter if he takes socket boni or not - as long as he focuses on geming haste.

A 100 Haste Socket Bonus isn't worth it if you lose 160 Haste and gain 160 hit that you dont need. If it's a strong bonus like 175 Stam or Mastery or Str and I only have to give up 160 Haste, I usually take them. As long as the Hit/Exp I get is not wasted. If you can't use the Hit/EXP gained from it, don't get the Socket Boni.

Never ever gem for Parry/Dodge Boni. Unless you just get it along the way (like only one yellow socket).

I usually gem for it if the Bonus is 1xx with 2 gems or 6x with 1 gem. I don't mind the extra stam/mastery. I'm not _that_ focused on haste. I try to get it whereever I can, but I also like to keep an eye on my Mastery/Stam on the way there.

You can also bruteforce it and only socket 320 Haste into everything. Works too. If you have too much hit/exp and you absolutely don't care about stamina or mastery, thats fine too.

Deleted
    sockets bonuses are good...and a bonus! I always go for them as they look pretty, anyhoo.
    I feel that you may be focusing too much on gear being the issue when there are probably more important things that he can improve (going from what XXXX said about his cd usage and SS uptime on the previous page).
    Focus on the "rotation" and your problems will solve themselves im sure.

For some background, I'm a 520ilvl prot pally for a 25man guild, so I will generally be using at least 1 stamina trinket due to the harder hits allowing healers to react. My current haste is 11394 (26.81%).
    So, with 5.3 coming along and shifting stat weights slightly
    AskMrRobot:
    Stamina: 1.16 (Medium) / Haste (1.0) / Mastery (0.7), and dodge/parry (0.35).
    Now I picked up Ji'kun's Rising Winds a couple of weeks ago, and after one raid night, realised just how useless it was. Around the same time, I was looking at Colossus vs Dancing Steel, if you lowered the stat weight of Armor from (0.99) down to around (0.5), it lowered the weight of Ji'kun's Rising Winds and switched Colossus to Dancing Steel.
    With 5.3, Armor at 0.64 tells me to use Colossus, but 0.63 (and lower) to use Windsong. Do you think Windsong is now a valid contender to Colossus, or should I stick with Colossus?

Deleted
    Not sure you'd notice collosus' absorb in 10 man, never mind 25 man. That being said none of the weapon enchants are mind-blowing: it's always been the case of comparing something "lackluster" with something "meh". Ofc the situation doesn't get better as we go through the expansion: their impact lessens as ilevels improve. WindSONG has always been a contender though.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-05-28 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    Colossus is not a valid contender to the other tank enchants. Windsong or Dancing Steel, take your pick.

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Windwalk has always been a contender though.
    What is the proc rate on Windwalk? Feels the movement speed is kinda meeeh, and the dodge is also very low on it.

Cant remember if the movement speed stacks with other speed increases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Colossus is not a valid contender to the other tank enchants. Windsong or Dancing Steel, take your pick.

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 01:27 PM ----------

What is the proc rate on Windwalk? Feels the movement speed is kinda meeeh, and the dodge is also very low on it.

Cant remember if the movement speed stacks with other speed increases.
    oh shhhh

i meant windsong obv :/

Too much hot air round here
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-05-28 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks for both the responses... I figured a bunch of 8k damage shield procs wouldn't fair as well as the chance of 2.5% mastery (1500 mastery) and/or 3.5% haste (1500 haste), although both are fairly weak... and with the stat weight drop of parry and the way vengeance plays out with attack power... I didn't feel dancing steel was even something to think about anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    oh shhhh

i meant windsong obv :/

Too much hot air round here
    Haha shit! I was scratching my head over if windwalk actually worked at 90!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Haha shit! I was scratching my head over if windwalk actually worked at 90!
    we should all be using mongoose tbh

mongoose looks pretty, but 30 haste... vs 1500 haste/mastery/crit from windsong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flunk View Post
    mongoose looks pretty, but 30 haste... vs 1500 haste/mastery/crit from windsong
    if it dont look good, it aint worth havin'