a mini-cool down for one of Meg's breaths (unglyphed divine protection could cover the other).
    Hand of Purity the first, Divine Protection the second, Hand of Purity the third. If you get a fourth your DPS suck and need to wake up.

5BG 3HP WoG IS, to all intentions, Lay on Hands. I've seen it crit for over 600k and, with cooldowns stacked up (wings, priest cheat death), heal non-crit for about 500k. Use it wisely.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-06-07 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Hand of Purity the first, Divine Protection the second, Hand of Purity the third. If you get a fourth your DPS suck and need to wake up.
    HoPur doesn't reduce the Fire DoT, ofc. I run UbS for this fight, with glyphed DivProt for better uptime. With the gear upgrades, you should be able to push before 3 breaths. I usually use no CD (or a HS maybe) on the first breath, DP on 2nd, dead by 3rd. Later on, I'll go DivProt on first, GoAK or AD/WoG on 2nd, dead by 3rd. But YMMV.

5BG 3HP WoG IS, to all intentions, Lay on Hands. I've seen it crit for over 600k and, with cooldowns stacked up (wings, priest cheat death), heal non-crit for about 500k. Use it wisely.
    Yep, the amount of healing from a 5 BOG WOG is insane, even 1-2 HoPo (after a ShotR cast, still low, oshit moment) will be 300-450k heal.

On an unrelated note - Which neck, rings and boots are you guys using?

Currently I'm still rocking the 522 valor neck (may upgrade it), as I can't find anything else really worth a damn. Any suggestions?
    Was using the valor ring and 522 Primo ring, but we got a H TF JinRohk ring on Tues, and I didn't want to see it sharded. Thinking of replacing the valor ring with it (541 dodge/exp vs 522 haste/crit), and then hope for a 535+ Primo ring. I'd really like the RaDen ring (haste/exp w/ socket), but I'm sitting for that fight sadly (because monk).
    Still using the 522+8 crafted haste/mast boots. I can't find anything worthwhile; twins boots (haste/crit) with ONE socket and a shitty bonus. I guess the RaDen boots would be nice, but subpar itemization and again I'm sitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Twins thunderforged necklace, durumu ring, shado pan dps ring.

I consider the haste/mastery boots to be BiS, even without the VP upgrades.
    Not had much luck with loot :/
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-06-07 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post

Currently I'm still rocking the 522 valor neck (may upgrade it), as I can't find anything else really worth a damn. Any suggestions?
    Was using the valor ring and 522 Primo ring, but we got a H TF JinRohk ring on Tues, and I didn't want to see it sharded. Thinking of replacing the valor ring with it (541 dodge/exp vs 522 haste/crit), and then hope for a 535+ Primo ring. I'd really like the RaDen ring (haste/exp w/ socket), but I'm sitting for that fight sadly (because monk).
    Still using the 522+8 crafted haste/mast boots. I can't find anything worthwhile; twins boots (haste/crit) with ONE socket and a shitty bonus. I guess the RaDen boots would be nice, but subpar itemization and again I'm sitting.
    Valor neck
    Valor Ring
    Primo ring
    Crafted boots

Decided to upgrade these slots. We're 4/13H so I don't think i'll be seeing any upgrades for these 4 slots anytime soon.

Also, Jin'Rokh needs to drop my belt already. Haven't seen it drop once since ToT came out.

HoPur doesn't reduce the Fire DoT, ofc. I run UbS for this fight, with glyphed DivProt for better uptime. With the gear upgrades, you should be able to push before 3 breaths. I usually use no CD (or a HS maybe) on the first breath, DP on 2nd, dead by 3rd. Later on, I'll go DivProt on first, GoAK or AD/WoG on 2nd, dead by 3rd. But YMMV.
    HoPur doesn't works against the dot, but not the breath. Better off using UbS for this to make sure you have Divine Prot up more often (fyi, I unglyph DP for this as I'm only using it for breaths. You should be fine against the head's melee with just SotR, as most of the damage you're going to take is magical.)

TF Twin Consorts Neck, TF Durumu Ring, Primordius Ring, Crafted BS Boots. The boots are going to be BiS until probably Ra-den... even then it might not over take the crafted. Actually, now that I compare crafted with TF Ra-den with 2x upgrade, 2x 320 gems and reforged to max mastery/haste... you trade 492 haste (Crafted boots) for 363 str/241 stam/314 mast/234 armor/481 dodge.

Of course, that assumes that one will kill Ra'den before the next content patch...

Haste shield (522) from tortos dropped and we don't have any holy paladin or resto shaman so I took it; it seems that the stam/armor and haste would make it worthwhile over my previous 502 dodge/parry shield from MSV. Am I correct? It seems weird to have an int piece but it's not like the strength does that much for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorfion View Post
    Haste shield (522) from tortos dropped and we don't have any holy paladin or resto shaman so I took it; it seems that the stam/armor and haste would make it worthwhile over my previous 502 dodge/parry shield from MSV. Am I correct? It seems weird to have an int piece but it's not like the strength does that much for us.
    It's fine. Arguably it's better than any other 522 shield.

Deleted
    Warning: The following is just the rant of a madman.

Just me being insane and all again, but I was sitting here, looking at old set bonuses. And, I thought to myself.... self?.. Is there any old set bonus that is actually worth using.

So I started checking up old bonuses, and I wonder if the T11 Prot 2P bonus could very possible be a dps increase (20% increased damage on SotR) on fights where you get a lot of alabster shield procs. Aswell as the retri t10 2p (possibly t9 retri 2p or 2p+2p). Both give a flat 5% damage increase. A 5% damage increase is probably more damage than e.g. shoulder + gloves give.

Could be worth considering for WoL rankings.

A set bonus that I also found interesting, but probably falling short in the end because being a 4p, was the T9 prot 4 piece, that lowers to cooldown of divine protection by 30 seconds. Together with US talented that could very well lower the cooldown of DP down to about 20 seconds. Now, to replace 4 tier pieces is insane, but I actaully found it to be an intriguing idea on magic heavy fights, having about 50% uptime on 40% magic damage reduction could actually be worth sacrificing all those stats in terms of pure survivability. Also to mention the 2p, 2s shorter CD on taunt. Great for winning the taunt battles with the tank in LFR.

Again, yes I am insane. You dont need to ask. But I like crazy.

The difference between the heroic T15 retribution set (because haste) and the heroic T9 protection set:
    10915 Sta (236,377 life raid-buffed)
    6389 Str
    1816 Mastery (3.03)
    14762 Armor
    1886 Crit (3.14%)
    1772 Expertise (5.21)
    1892 Haste (4.45%)
    1935 Hit (5.69%)
    2 Sockets

And you can't use the MoP gems in the sockets of a T9 item because the item level isn't high enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The difference between the heroic T15 retribution set (because haste) and the heroic T9 protection set:
    10915 Sta (236,377 life raid-buffed)
    6389 Str
    1816 Mastery (3.03)
    14762 Armor
    1886 Crit (3.14%)
    1772 Expertise (5.21)
    1892 Haste (4.45%)
    1935 Hit (5.69%)
    2 Sockets

And you can't use the MoP gems in the sockets of a T9 item because the item level isn't high enough.
    Yeah, I knew that was a long shot I just found the idea of having a 20 sec cd DP intriguing.

Though, still, T13 prot 2p / T10 ret 2p could possibly be dps increases for those WoL hoggers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Yeah, I knew that was a long shot I just found the idea of having a 20 sec cd DP intriguing.

Though, still, T13 prot 2p / T10 ret 2p could possibly be dps increases for those WoL hoggers
    possibly atm, but ofc with the proposed changes in 5.4 i think you'd find your vengence capped at a fairly low level due to lack of stamina.

HoPur doesn't reduce the Fire DoT, ofc.
    Wut? Anti dot cd doesnt work against a dot? I havent actually checked it, took it for granted. But, why wouldnt it work?

Blizz got us in this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Wut? Anti dot cd doesnt work against a dot? I havent actually checked it, took it from granted. But, why wouldnt it work?

Blizz got us in this one?
    This did this to a lot of Raid mechanics to stop it from making them void

Any other i should know? durumu's bleed? primordius' dot? qon's bleed?

Edit:

Hand of Purity no longer reduces the damage dealt by effects that ignore immunities. (Source)
    Ok. Nuff said. If you can bubble it off -> HoPur works on it.
    Last edited by Kethmil; 2013-06-10 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Any other i should know? durumu's bleed? primordius' dot? qon's bleed?
    The big 2 are Meg fire breath and Council Frostbite.

Works on Qon's bleed and on Primo DoTs.

Not really worth using on Durumu (but it works).
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Has any of you guys actually managed to solo tank HC twins?

We got them to 20% last week and we're gonna giv'em some more tries tonight but our second tank won't be able to make it so I can either bring another tank that isn't half as good or I can try to solo tank it.

Last week I was solo-tanking Lulin on P1 while the other tank was going around the room with Suen to reveal the adds, but how would we make this phase work with that? Have a ranged DPS walk her?

And what about P2? How do you handle the Flame stacks? She does a fuckton of damage and HoP doesn't reset those stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Has any of you guys actually managed to solo tank HC twins?

We got them to 20% last week and we're gonna giv'em some more tries tonight but our second tank won't be able to make it so I can either bring another tank that isn't half as good or I can try to solo tank it.

Last week I was solo-tanking Lulin on P1 while the other tank was going around the room with Suen to reveal the adds, but how would we make this phase work with that? Have a ranged DPS walk her?

And what about P2? How do you handle the Flame stacks? She does a fuckton of damage and HoP doesn't reset those stacks.
    We found out that (in LFR) if you kill LuLin before the day phase, Suen just sits there and melees. So, we thought "Surely that will work in HC too!". So, last week, we proceded to kill LuLin in phase 1 (with me 1-tanking ofc), and had our monk (who usually is the offtank) just run the fire chick around the room for adds. Come to find out that she still nukes the shit out of you in HC; not like LFR, who'da thunk it?

Anyway, that rant was to say that while I was 1-tanking her, the damage from Fan was pretty damn high at 3 stacks. Survivable, but high. I can't see it being sustainable above 5 stacks, and even though bubble resets the stacks, you will not have it up fast enough to recover/sustain the clearing. Also, it will make it REALLY obnoxious in phase 3 when you have Tidal Force going out on top of/near Suen (sine you'll have aggro on both.

TL;DR - not 1 tankable as I can see.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    You are aware that the icebergs give you 80% (heroic 60%) fire damage reduction if you stand in them Nairobi? Should make fan of flames manageable. Your stacks max out at 10.

I have not tanked it in heroic yet so cant say for sure. In phase 3 you can just move Suen away from the tidal force.

Again, not entirely sure about heroic, but should be 1 tankable.

Normal is easily 1-tankable. I'm contending that Heroic isn't (which was his question) based on the fact that you simply cannot clear often enough. Given that you will occasionally not have a comet up for a while (or cannot use it due to timing on the next nuclear inferno), you're opening yourself up to 1) her getting high stacks (in the neighborhood of 10-12+ sometimes, even when doing the fight appropriately) and 2) you lacking the -dmg taken from being close to the comet. That means, essentially, you cannot rely on the comets to survive.

Maybe/probably with some planning and a good bit of luck, you COULD time the resets and your personal cooldowns/summoning of aspects to do it once you outgear the content a bit more (full 535+), but at the end of the day, you're really playing with fire (no pun intended) for no real gain. You can just as easily ramp up vengeance other ways that are far less likely to result in a raid wipe.
    20k and counting...