1. #2481
    Hi dear pallies my guild have recently down jin rokh and ji kun heroic yay! and currently working on progression for H Horridon my question is at what HP should horridon be once the 4th door is down? on the attempts that we manage to drop the 4th door Horri was at around 89% and we saved lust for jalak. but after that it starts going down the drain as I'm unable to lived through the direcall+3punch+melee combo help please....

    here is da link to my armory? on a side note do i need more HP for this encounter? Thanks!
    meh it wont let me post my armory link

    meh my character name is Kaizerx on barthilas USA horde, please help armory meh
    Last edited by Kaizerx; 2013-06-14 at 06:51 AM. Reason: adding more details

  2. #2482
    Epic! rawhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    1,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizerx View Post
    Hi dear pallies my guild have recently down jin rokh and ji kun heroic yay! and currently working on progression for H Horridon my question is at what HP should horridon be once the 4th door is down? on the attempts that we manage to drop the 4th door Horri was at around 89% and we saved lust for jalak. but after that it starts going down the drain as I'm unable to lived through the direcall+3punch+melee combo help please....

    here is da link to my armory? on a side note do i need more HP for this encounter? Thanks!
    meh it wont let me post my armory link

    meh my character name is Kaizerx on barthilas USA horde, please help armory meh
    on our first couple of kills i think he was about the same amount - 85% ish. he drops quickly when he's focussed by the dps with the stacks on him. All i can say about the hurt phase is to chain cds (including externals) and bubble off stacks whenever you can (about 3 stacks). save major cds for the dire call.

    i cant armoury you as im at "work", but do you need more hp? 10 man i dont think so, 25 man id recommend using a health trinket.

    EDIT: ive only done this on 25 man, but i suspect this boss is easier on 25 man as you can stack more tanks, and have more resses for the last phase, so tank deaths arent such an issue.
    Last edited by rawhammer; 2013-06-14 at 07:35 AM.
    Keeping it url since 1864.

  3. #2483
    Ahh...okok cos I only have around 720k hp fully raid buff I wasnt sure if its due to my low HP i always dropped to horri spike haha... okok thanks alot

  4. #2484
    Epic! rawhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    1,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizerx View Post
    Ahh...okok cos I only have around 720k hp fully raid buff I wasnt sure if its due to my low HP i always dropped to horri spike haha... okok thanks alot
    That being said having more HP definately is the best way to "mitigate" the nasty melee/triple/direcall combo as they happen "at the same time". If you're using appropriate cds, and you're still dying to it then i would say using a stam trinket would be a good option.

    I cant honestly say if your health pool is good enough or not btw, as all i see when i raid is my health % lol. Dont have the absolute values on my ui, so whenever some random asks me what my health is i always reply .....100% :S.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 08:47 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Just checked. Yes it is dynamic. I actually thought it was snap shot before. You learn something new every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Well damn. So, no point in re-shielding for Hero...one less thing to do I guess.

    Odd that they'd have dynamic haste but static AP/SP coefficients.
    I expect you folks were too busy sorting out DBM/macros/keybinds to notice

    Last edited by rawhammer; 2013-06-14 at 11:07 AM.
    Keeping it url since 1864.

  5. #2485
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    I cant honestly say if your health pool is good enough or not btw, as all i see when i raid is my health % lol. Dont have the absolute values on my ui, so whenever some random asks me what my health is i always reply .....100% :S.
    High-five brother :P
    My friends always judge LFR groupies by their health and I'm always left like :| whats a health?

  6. #2486
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizerx View Post
    Hi dear pallies my guild have recently down jin rokh and ji kun heroic yay! and currently working on progression for H Horridon my question is at what HP should horridon be once the 4th door is down? on the attempts that we manage to drop the 4th door Horri was at around 89% and we saved lust for jalak. but after that it starts going down the drain as I'm unable to lived through the direcall+3punch+melee combo help please....

    here is da link to my armory? on a side note do i need more HP for this encounter? Thanks!
    meh it wont let me post my armory link

    meh my character name is Kaizerx on barthilas USA horde, please help armory meh
    Right before Jalak falls, bubble off your stacks of Triple Puncture and do it again through BoP at ~5. Chain your CDs together on that phase. Holy Avenger (great talent on this fight), Guardian, Ardent Defender, here I call out for an external (Pain Suppression), and by now HA should be back up. After that it won't matter much since he'll enrage and one-shot you. Glyphed DP for those uneasy periods between big CDs.

    Healers need to bomb you because you'll be taking damage and really can't afford to expend HP on WoG, and even LoH is risky because of forbearance. They cannot panic after Dire Call as they have a whole minute to heal everyone up.

    Your health is enough; I'm at about 745k buffed in 25 H.

  7. #2487
    Horridon wants to be below 85% to make the enrage timer. Jalak must die before the 5th AoE damage otherwise people will start to get one-shotted.

    Only use LoH if both Bubble and HoP are off-cooldown. Have at least ShoR up for EVERY triple puncture. Divine Protection or pain-sup alone is not enough to save you when jalak is down. Avoid using Holy Avenger and guardian at the 4th door; you will need them before the cooldown expires.

    Otherwise follow common-sense stuff. Don't taunt without 5 holy power banked. Don't taunt immediately before triple puncture. Don't taunt if you are under 80% life. Holy Prism will save people's lives, it is a massive chunk of healing with the AP levels you get.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2013-06-14 at 01:14 PM.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  8. #2488
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Our only plate DPS is a Fury Warr, should he go Def stance, grab them and bring'em towards us? We considered it but it seemed like a big DPS loss as adds keep spawning in greater frequency/numbers (as a tank I can kill them fast enough, problem is grabbing aggro on all of them when they spawn far away).
    In a word; yes.

    We used a ret pal initially (lol RF), then once we had the ret go Holy (and our shaman stay Ele for the retard-cleave), we had our DK pick them up. Basically just "tank" them long enough to get cleaved the fuck down by the ele (or whatever you have).

    Honestly, now we can just skip the tank altogether and burst them, but you may not be there gear wise. Also note that RoP is a great tool here (if you have a monk), as is RoFrost, cap totem, leg sweep. Basically you can just CC them and nuke instead of trying to tank.

    OR

    You can glyph consecrate and just drop it on them when they spawn to drag em to you, if you don't want to lose the DPS from your warrior.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 02:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizerx View Post
    Ahh...okok cos I only have around 720k hp fully raid buff I wasnt sure if its due to my low HP i always dropped to horri spike haha... okok thanks alot
    720k raid buffed is PLENTY (for 10s). I don't even run with that much (well, maybe close to it now...but that's at 542 ilvl). If you're dropping to spikes, it's a matter of not having ShotR up.

    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    That being said having more HP definately is the best way to "mitigate" the nasty melee/triple/direcall combo as they happen "at the same time". If you're using appropriate cds, and you're still dying to it then i would say using a stam trinket would be a good option.
    I use UbS for this fight and glyphed DivProt to allow for more "buffer" room. Basically, you should be able to survive any TP with just ShotR, and use DivProt for any TP/Call combo. I don't touch AD/GoAK until the last phase unless something has gone terribly wrong. I also use HA to give "cruise control" periods on this fight (so that I can stand in swipes for vengeance, etc), which is also a great CD.

    Wings/HA on pull. HA on door 2. Wings/HA on door 3. HA on door 4. Wings/HA when Jalak jumps down.

    I expect you folks were too busy sorting out DBM/macros/keybinds to notice

    I actually stole most of Choice's UI last night to update my stuff, and ended up setting up TMW to show SS time/power (and veng power) after learning about this.

    Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Right before Jalak falls, bubble off your stacks of Triple Puncture and do it again through BoP at ~5. Chain your CDs together on that phase. Holy Avenger (great talent on this fight), Guardian, Ardent Defender, here I call out for an external (Pain Suppression), and by now HA should be back up. After that it won't matter much since he'll enrage and one-shot you. Glyphed DP for those uneasy periods between big CDs.

    Healers need to bomb you because you'll be taking damage and really can't afford to expend HP on WoG, and even LoH is risky because of forbearance. They cannot panic after Dire Call as they have a whole minute to heal everyone up.

    Your health is enough; I'm at about 745k buffed in 25 H.
    Very good points. Again, I use UbS for a 2.5 min bubble, and when I was learning the fight, I bubbled door 1, BoP'd door 2, bubbled door 3, then had my co-tank take Horridon for 2 TP's (til bubble was off CD) and took it back for the rest of the fight. You can also get an external BoP at the end if you have one.

    I'd avoid LoH unless you KNOW you won't have bubble/BoP up.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 02:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Horridon wants to be below 85% to make the enrage timer. Jalak must die before the 5th AoE damage otherwise people will start to get one-shotted.

    Only use LoH if both Bubble and HoP are off-cooldown. Have at least ShoR up for EVERY triple puncture. Divine Protection or pain-sup alone is not enough to save you when jalak is down. Avoid using Holy Avenger and guardian at the 4th door; you will need them before the cooldown expires.

    Otherwise follow common-sense stuff. Don't taunt without 5 holy power banked. Don't taunt immediately before triple puncture. Don't taunt if you are under 80% life. Holy Prism will save people's lives, it is a massive chunk of healing with the AP levels you get.
    If you HA at the start of the 4th door, you'll have it up when Jalak drops. But don't use it more than 15-30 secs into the door.

    HPr is beast here! Like, 1-1.5mil burst heal after a Dire Call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  9. #2489
    To be completely honest about tripple puncture / direcall combos. Before I first reached Horridon HC, I heard a lot about those being deadly and shit, so I was prepared for some serious damage. However when I first got there, boss was like. Noooodles! I never used and CD for a TP+DC combo, only in the last phase. Only with SotR you dont even drop below 60% health on those.

    Really, feels like paladin tanking still boils down to, time your SotR well. IMMORTAL!
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  10. #2490
    Ya I noticed that when I started tanking Horridon on my paladin since last week.
    Fight's a joke for protadins - as long as you got every triple puncture covered with ShoR you don't even need to dispel the debuff.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  11. #2491
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Ya I noticed that when I started tanking Horridon on my paladin since last week.
    Fight's a joke for protadins - as long as you got every triple puncture covered with ShoR you don't even need to dispel the debuff.
    Yep. I was so worried about the horrible memories from week 2 that I was pre-emptively clearing stacks every door as recently as 2 weeks ago. I stopped (cause it was farm night and I was drinking/carrying on) and was like "heywait, i'm not dying".

    Now I just bubble-clear on door 3 and again when Jalak is down. ShotR, even nerfed, is more than sufficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  12. #2492
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,633
    I'll second the motion: Triple Puncture timer is your best fucking friend. Always be aware of it, live by it or DIE by it, really. Never let it go out of mind, put ShotR up for it every time and you'll be ok (though you may need DP and/or GoAK if you're still getting chainsawfucked during Jalak's cries).

    Back to Megaera HC (sorry Nairobi): glyphed Consecrate is okay for when I'm in range but sometimes they spawn so far the only thing that hits'em is Holy Prism >.<. Also, did you 2 or 3 heal it? Our monk healer said he was barely doing anything outside of Rampage phases and we considered dropping to 2 healers next Sunday (when we raid again) but I'm nto sure they can handle rampaging with only 2 atm.


  13. #2493
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I'll second the motion: Triple Puncture timer is your best fucking friend. Always be aware of it, live by it or DIE by it, really. Never let it go out of mind, put ShotR up for it every time and you'll be ok (though you may need DP and/or GoAK if you're still getting chainsawfucked during Jalak's cries).

    Back to Megaera HC (sorry Nairobi): glyphed Consecrate is okay for when I'm in range but sometimes they spawn so far the only thing that hits'em is Holy Prism >.<. Also, did you 2 or 3 heal it? Our monk healer said he was barely doing anything outside of Rampage phases and we considered dropping to 2 healers next Sunday (when we raid again) but I'm nto sure they can handle rampaging with only 2 atm.
    Is there no way to get them TotT'd/MD'd to you either, for when they're OOR? I still say that having a melee (or even ranged) "tank" them while being CC'd is a far better option, but go with what works for you.

    We 3 heal heroic (Disc, MW, HPal) just to be safe, since it seems that a bad combo of fire+ice can get someone gibbed if a healer is OOR in africa kiting beams. We also actuall have issues with DPS already (as in, it's too high); heads die in ~40 seconds, so we don't even have our 1min CD's back up for rampages sometimes lol. I can't imagine 2-healing without throttling DPS way back to be able to survive rampages, at which point it's pointless to have extra DPS anyhow.

    The only meaningful damage is during rampages anyway; I'm pretty much self sufficient on heads, tanking green all by my lonesome while the raid is on red/purple. Feel free to try 2heal if you need the DPS, but I think you'll find a "wall" at the 4th/5th rampage without some serious raid CDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  14. #2494
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    To be completely honest about tripple puncture / direcall combos. Before I first reached Horridon HC, I heard a lot about those being deadly and shit, so I was prepared for some serious damage. However when I first got there, boss was like. Noooodles! I never used and CD for a TP+DC combo, only in the last phase. Only with SotR you dont even drop below 60% health on those.

    Really, feels like paladin tanking still boils down to, time your SotR well. IMMORTAL!
    [21:33:15.016] Horridon hits Déathangel 52467 (A: 307525, B: 154283)
    [21:33:16.288] Horridon Triple Puncture Déathangel 408221 (A: 11618)
    [21:33:16.364] Horridon hits Déathangel 398096 (O: 45954)

    He does quite a bit more damage on 25H though. Those are 450-500k melee swings without ShoR up, and TP+swing is 900k without ShoR up (still nearly 600k with ShoR though - I know a lot of ten man tanks wouldn't have the health-pool to survive something like that), and there would be another 450k "unmitigated" swing 1.5 seconds later.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2013-06-14 at 09:15 PM.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  15. #2495
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Is there no way to get them TotT'd/MD'd to you either, for when they're OOR? I still say that having a melee (or even ranged) "tank" them while being CC'd is a far better option, but go with what works for you.

    We 3 heal heroic (Disc, MW, HPal) just to be safe, since it seems that a bad combo of fire+ice can get someone gibbed if a healer is OOR in africa kiting beams. We also actuall have issues with DPS already (as in, it's too high); heads die in ~40 seconds, so we don't even have our 1min CD's back up for rampages sometimes lol. I can't imagine 2-healing without throttling DPS way back to be able to survive rampages, at which point it's pointless to have extra DPS anyhow.

    The only meaningful damage is during rampages anyway; I'm pretty much self sufficient on heads, tanking green all by my lonesome while the raid is on red/purple. Feel free to try 2heal if you need the DPS, but I think you'll find a "wall" at the 4th/5th rampage without some serious raid CDs.
    Yea, will try having a Melee grab them, just exploring all avenues.

    And yea, I guess 2 healers is way too risky.

    In terms of DPS we're doing fine, I think, biggest problem seems to be random deaths during the later rampages and that add group just before rampage 6 going around shitting all over people.


  16. #2496
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    [21:33:15.016] Horridon hits Déathangel 52467 (A: 307525, B: 154283)
    [21:33:16.288] Horridon Triple Puncture Déathangel 408221 (A: 11618)
    [21:33:16.364] Horridon hits Déathangel 398096 (O: 45954)

    He does quite a bit more damage on 25H though. Those are 450-500k melee swings without ShoR up, and TP+swing is 900k without ShoR up (still nearly 600k with ShoR though - I know a lot of ten man tanks wouldn't have the health-pool to survive something like that), and there would be another 450k "unmitigated" swing 1.5 seconds later.
    Well yeah! Was referring to 10 man
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  17. #2497
    Dark Animus 10 heroic with 2 tanks. I'm the one running around filling up the massives before the first siphon. When do you bubble off the explosive slam stacks? I usually did it after the second massive was full, but tbh I'm not exactly sure when I should. The slams were hurting by that point, but I was thinking I should do it even earlier so my Divine Shield will be up sooner, since HoP doesn't clear them.

    The other tank took the two massives before the 4th siphon to kill some inactive large and refill their anima.

  18. #2498
    Protection guide

    Stack haste and win at everything

    The end lol

    Infracted. Please refrain from trolling. ~Fhi
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-06-15 at 03:18 PM.

  19. #2499
    Banned MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    10,979
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    Protection guide

    Stack haste and win at everything

    The end lol
    If you want to be mediocre sure but some people push higher than that and get world rankings and push themselves for fun as well If you just want to kill bosses, do that. If you want to try the challenge of solo tanking 2 tank fights, doing this that or the other... tada!

  20. #2500
    Stood in the Fire Riemu2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    EU, Germany
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Yea, will try having a Melee grab them, just exploring all avenues.

    And yea, I guess 2 healers is way too risky.

    In terms of DPS we're doing fine, I think, biggest problem seems to be random deaths during the later rampages and that add group just before rampage 6 going around shitting all over people.
    We 1 Tank - 4 Heal - Adds are being CCed till Rampage and cleaned up before/while Rampaging
    We have 2 Mages handling the Adds with Rings. Works great. Just need to have enough DPS to never get 3 Breathes or 9 Adds.

    Theres a great one-tanking guide out there if you have the setup for it:

    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...p?f=48&t=33400

    ---

    @ Horridon HC: Same here. I was so scared entering P2 the first time. Everywhere you read "omg, he just globals the tanks - prepare to kite". I died on our first kill at like 3% while solo tanking this phase completely (and we had a loooong first kill :-). Prot Pala is just insane on this fight... SoTR ftw.

    ---

    Haste

    To revisit that haste discussion from 1-2 pages back:

    I kept reading alot those last pages was about SS and that every Point in Haste gives you "more SS proccs". But, according to Theck - that's not true.

    http://www.sacredduty.net/2012/11/21...for-tankadins/

    According to that article, SS gets rounded down/up. So it doesn't really matter if you have 1 more Haste or not, unless you can reach those breakpoints. Haste Breakpoints are for example 50% (8 ticks) or 70% (9 ticks).

    Or am I missing something? Am I not interpreting this post right?
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-06-16 at 08:57 PM.
    RL, GM and Pally Tank for 10-man Guild Plage, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Prot Paladin / Blood DK

    Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/plageriemu

    Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •