We managed to kill 25H Twins last night in 15 pulls (woo!), and yeah... Fan was pooping on me with 3 stacks with cd's. I could foresee taking 4 stacks, but I would need to stack at least 2 CD's to live... probably 3 to be safe.

We did just have our Dk tank just pick up all of the beasts of nightmare, since I did more single target dps it helped get Lu'lin around 38-40% hp before the first day phase. A bunch of our wipes were due to her not throwing a second Ice Comet out before doing Nuclear detonation.

Can you not just heal through it on 25?

We have a 50/50 comet chance in 10man, and we used to get pissed and wipe when she wouldn't spawn the second comet. Instead, we just started always using the first (instead of trying to save it) and then either 1) getting a 2nd comet to hide behind, or 2) stacking up and healing through it. If you use tiger, you can bring inferno down to 4 ticks, 3 sec apart which makes it really trivial.

In 10, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I tried to humor our RL and not stand next to a comet if the timer didn't line up, "so we can have something to stand behind", and we got pooped on like Randall from Zach and Miri. Once I reminded them that the boss having 3-4 stacks and using CD's was better than the boss having 17+ with meteor+cd's, we got a kill two pulls later.

Surprisingly, sitting at 8/13... I can honestly say that I don't really have a favorite fight to tank so far. Some of them are a bit more hectic than others, which is both good and bad. Council, Megaera, and Qon are probably up there though, really looking forward to doing Durumu.

Deleted
    Not having the second comet for the first nucleus is due to raid being too much spread out, causing very long charges of flames, and thus delaying the cast of the comet whereas nucleus is a set timer-triggered-ability.

Keep your casters/healers closer to the boss and you'll be fine.

Found this on maintankadin, props to them!

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I tried to humor our RL and not stand next to a comet if the timer didn't line up, "so we can have something to stand behind", and we got pooped on like Randall from Zach and Miri. Once I reminded them that the boss having 3-4 stacks and using CD's was better than the boss having 17+ with meteor+cd's, we got a kill two pulls later.
    LOL @ bold. Also, Grats.

Surprisingly, sitting at 8/13... I can honestly say that I don't really have a favorite fight to tank so far. Some of them are a bit more hectic than others, which is both good and bad. Council, Megaera, and Qon are probably up there though, really looking forward to doing Durumu.
    Not to burst the bubble, but Durumu is pretty zzzz. It's about as thrilling as Tortos, if I had to rank it personally. Just make sure not to stand near folks when drain goes out...that's always a fun moment.

I agree tho, this tier is pretty even. I'm (ironically) personally pretty fond of fights that have damage modifiers like JinRohk, Horridon, and JiKun. JiKun is actually one of my favorities in general, but the fun is wearing off a bit now that we just burn him after like 3 nests ><.

Animus is fun just because of the ERMAGERD TIGHT BUTTHOLE first 30 seconds (I grab 3+ adds), followed by LOL@RAID as I do 50% of raid's DPS because of said vengeance. Guess I need to enjoy that til 5.4 After that, it's still really fun just because so much going on, and the ping-ponging of massives, ring breaking, jolt-saving, etc.

And Qon will always have a soft spot, as I can still reign supreme on DPS in the last phase

Least favorite is RaDen, cause I either sit or have to work 5x harder than our BrM, who literally uses a castsequence macro to tank him.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Least favorite is RaDen, cause I either sit or have to work 5x harder than our BrM, who literally uses a castsequence macro to tank him.
    I can't imagine that's very fun for him either, haha.

Our guild got H IQ down last night and we're shooting for either Council or Meg next. We tried a few pulls on Twins, but they didn't go too well. Not sure what the problem was, but we couldn't even make it into the 2nd phase.

Which path did you take after finishing off all the "easy" heroics? (Jin, Ji'kun, Tortos, IQ). We have H Horridon down already, so I'm thinking Council?

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I can't imagine that's very fun for him either, haha.
    Meh, you know what's fun? Winning. I'll take effective over "fun" most times.

Which path did you take after finishing off all the "easy" heroics? (Jin, Ji'kun, Tortos, IQ). We have H Horridon down already, so I'm thinking Council?
    We did Jin, Horridon, Tortos, JiKun, Qon, Meg, Council, Durumu, Twins, Primo, DA, LS, Raden IIRC.

Meg is pretty trivial now, but Council was really only hard when you had low gear and would die to Frostbites and/or couldnt push Sul fast enough. If you have lots of immunities (Mage, boomkin/rog, HPal) or high DR classes (Lock, SPr), Council should be easy. If you're decent at handling frost/fire on Meg and have a competent "DPS-tank" for the adds, Meg isn't bad either. Just mind the rampages and plan CDs accordingly.
    20k and counting...

Our guild got H IQ down last night and we're shooting for either Council or Meg next. We tried a few pulls on Twins, but they didn't go too well. Not sure what the problem was, but we couldn't even make it into the 2nd phase.
    We had a lot of issues with people getting insta-gibbed in P1 by the sheer number of adds that are spawned shooting people. We tried moving Suen around to show them, but couldn't do it effectively to make it matter. Once we figured out the right timing for the aspect buffs it really became moot, and we just had to work on the P2 mechanics of not dying to Nuclear Detonation. The second time we hit P3, it was a kill.

We went Jin (30)>Horridon (77)>Ji'kun (38)>Tortos (21)>Megaera (33)>IQ (29)>Council (19)>Twins (15). Ironically, once we got to IQ/Council/Twins, they all died within a night and we just laughed hard because we figured they would be harder than they were. We obviously had the most trouble on Horridon when learning, most of which was ironing out positions and interrupts. Surprisingly, once we started telling people to be active in the theorycrafting discussions on the guild forums, we started to have lower pulls.

Hmmm, thanks for the advice. We have a handful of raiders with decent defensives (rogue, hpal, warlock, mage) but at the same time, our guild ilvl is ~527 so I feel our gear is slightly under-average/on-par with where we should be at our current progression of 5/13.

Not sure if that falls into the "low gear" category that Nairobi mentioned, but I think we may try to push through Jin/Horridon and Tortos/Meg trash quickly so we can get a few pulls on both Council and Meg.

I think IQ took us 2-3 nights, but we had limited attempts our first night and it only took us about 7 pulls or so last night to get him down (maybe ~20 total). I was hoping Twins would be in the same boat, but we had a new "artist" last night so maybe it was just an issue with timing the aspect buffs.

I consider Council to be one of the medium-difficulty bosses
    Easy: Jin'Rokh, Ji-Kun , Horridon , Qon
    Medium : Tortos, Council , Meg, Durumu
    Hard/RNG: Primordius (half of the pulls end up being blob spawn wipes) , twins (hoooray nuclear splosion with no meteor) , Animus , Lei Shen (although it seems like he can easily be outgeared)

Nillo. i see you're running around with 8% expertise. hows that working out for you. worth going down to that amount?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Seems fine - haven't had issues with missed HP gens when i actually needed it.

Lei Shen (although it seems like he can easily be outgeared)
    From what I've heard, that is likely the case. Phases 1+2 are dps races, Phase 3 is a healer test and dps race and I don't know if there has ever been a dps race that hasn't got easier with more gear.

Deleted
    Different question: Any of you guys run challenge modes? Been running with a few friends after raid hours and so far we've been able to do one or two gold clears a night (3 nights or so, so far :P). Tonight we cleared Gate of Setting Sun, wasn't too bad, just the first pull took a few tries to figure out, but then we got a massive cockblock on Stormsout Brewery. That first pull was just obliterating me.. I'd kite'm around like crazy but as soon as they got 2~3 without a snare they'd hug and destroy me so fast no cooldown or healing can save me.

Our setup is:

Protadin (me)
    Ele Shaman
    Enh Shaman
    Frost Mage
    Disc Priest

Any tips for that particular pull? (All the monkeys before the first boss)

Anyone here tank Heroic Tortos and the bats? I offered to do it tomorrow night because my guild's struggling to down this fight and the number one problem is kiting the bats (why our BrM can't do it, when he's one of our best all-around players, I don't understand).

Horn of Battle.

Double shaman kinda hurts, but I guess could have the mage nova and try to nuke once theyre all clumped with the horn. Otherwise, just pop HA or guardian and go ham with lights hammer and cons.

SSB sucks
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Anyone here tank Heroic Tortos and the bats? I offered to do it tomorrow night because my guild's struggling to down this fight and the number one problem is kiting the bats (why our BrM can't do it, when he's one of our best all-around players, I don't understand).
    We always used to tanks but once our BrM DC'd during the fight at about 40% and I did have to tank both bats and Tortos. It's not as hard as you'd think but you gotta be very aware. If you miss a Bite without having ShotR up it's most likely the end of the line for you.

If you have a hunter to MD bats toward you it's not big deal, just make sure you tank'em "sideways" so you're not having anything hitting you from the back and, like I said, be very mindful of Tortos' bite attack.

Also, the insane vengeance you'll mount up will help you unload such mayhem on the bats they'll die faster than ever.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 05:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Horn of Battle.

Double shaman kinda hurts, but I guess could have the mage nova and try to nuke once theyre all clumped with the horn. Otherwise, just pop HA or guardian and go ham with lights hammer and cons.

SSB sucks
    Think facing them head on with cools can make it? They would absolutely trash me if I slipped on the kite even for a second >.<.

Deleted
    Hello protadins :P
    Iron qon died pretty easily and i've been asked to solo tank tortos hc on paladin.
    Looks pretty straightforward but after the detailed help last time, figured i'll ask for some more insider tips
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-06-19 at 10:59 AM.

Why would you solo-tank Tortos HC, unless for ranking? It's honestly way easier and safer (for all) to just use a second tank. If you have a BrM worth a damn, stick him on bats, and you take boss.
    20k and counting...

In my experience it's more like the other way round.
    Solo tanking it as a pally doesn't take that much - while kiting as a BrM means 1 fail = wipe and you also have to deal with lags later on.