Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    In my experience it's more like the other way round.
    Solo tanking it as a pally doesn't take that much - while kiting as a BrM means 1 fail = wipe and you also have to deal with lags later on.
    Weird, I guess it's all about who's playing what. Granted I haven't tried solo-tanking HC since week 2, but I was getting stomped back then. Our BrM was able to easily kite, so we just stuck with what worked. We've had a few times where he's been gang-banged by turtles, but only caused a wipe once (thanks to a quick LOH or soulstone). I suppose at these gear levels it'd be pretty trivial to do bats AND boss as a pally, but TBH I enjoy being pretty lazy on that fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Why would you solo-tank Tortos HC, unless for ranking? It's honestly way easier and safer (for all) to just use a second tank. If you have a BrM worth a damn, stick him on bats, and you take boss.
    No BrM, got frost dk that techincally could i guess, but mostly, they asked me and i didnt question it :P
    I would rather tank it on warrior but feels alot safer with healing aggro / lightshammer, vs mocking banner every 2nd spawn :-/
    Can add that pala is 516 ilvl and warrior is 527.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-06-19 at 04:38 PM.

Hammer is 1min, bat spawn 45sec => doesn't work out too well.

Deleted
    After the first spawn i should ride enough vengeance to make soi/bh enough anyhow ?
    Honestly, i dont care what char i tank on, i just want easy progression

Deleted
    Yeah, after first spawn you should have enough vengeance. That is why I usually pop wings on the first spawn to ensure them coming to me and after that vengeance is high enough to get all spawns easily.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    After the first spawn i should ride enough vengeance to make soi/bh enough anyhow ?
    Honestly, i dont care what char i tank on, i just want easy progression
    are you talking 2 tanking or solo? cuz when we 2 tank the bat tank normally starts on tortos for vengance. then when bat spawns he goes off an grab em while i pick up tortos.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-06-19 at 11:57 PM. Reason: missread
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Prot 2pc and 4pc t16 have switched places.

What's got 2 thumbs and isn't using any tier?

<--- This guy.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

<--- This guy.
    Its a bit of a shame, the change to SS allowing Prot to pick-up Eternal Flame will make Bastion of Glory usage a lot more attractive to add even more healing, and may well be worth using now instead of ShotR once the stacks are up, at least in 10 man I can see that being quite attractive.

You're looking at potential EF ticks of ~105k/3 (+Haste) in 10 man with capped Vengeance, although I've probably messed up the multipliers somewhere in there it'll still be quite close to that.
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-06-20 at 12:39 AM.

<--- This guy.
    They see that the 4p is EXTREMELY lackluster while the 2p has the ability to be broken (we'll see), so what do they do? They don't give us a bonus worth a damn, they just make the potentially broken 2p into the 4p and leave a useless 2p bonus. It's simply lazy design, no other words for it.

I'll likely be on the no tier train as well. Early in the ptr, still lots to see I guess. Just really disappointed at how lazy this "fix" is.

soo i looted the hit/mastery chest from heroic Jinrokh today and curious if the increased stamina/str and secondary stat is worth using this for my prot specc? currently using the ret t15 LFR chest (no luck on normal token yet)..

can also upgrade it.. so its 502 vs 543

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    soo i looted the hit/mastery chest from heroic Jinrokh today and curious if the increased stamina/str and secondary stat is worth using this for my prot specc? currently using the ret t15 LFR chest (no luck on normal token yet)..

Yes, yes yes yes, all the times yes lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Yes, yes yes yes, all the times yes lol
    haha that was what i thought. just felt like a loss due to the -socket and its expertise/haste :<

Why would you solo-tank Tortos HC, unless for ranking? It's honestly way easier and safer (for all) to just use a second tank. If you have a BrM worth a damn, stick him on bats, and you take boss.
    Yeah it wasn't going to happen on 25M. Damage was pretty insane. When our BrM finally manned up and agreed to kite, we killed him in 3 pulls.

haha that was what i thought. just felt like a loss due to the -socket and its expertise/haste :<
    at least you're upgrading into something without D/P, turning Haste into that is the worst feeling ever

I'm "stuck" using this til I can coin a tier chest off of HC animus. It's not bad at all, just you'll likely be over hit cap with feather using this. Otherwise, it's a great piece.
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account

I'm running HC TF version of that chest, and will probably keep it until we get Dark Animus heroic down.

15+ Year Old Account
    So they actually MADE sacred shield to holy shield. any chances of the proc version of that spell to be renamed to something else (not SS, but also not HS) to clean up the mess of tracking that spell for Weak auras?

plus I like the fact that they change all taunts to increase thread done to that target by 200%. taunt pull is back in business.
    Last edited by xebtria; 2013-06-20 at 05:47 AM.

so uhm. ive asked quite alot recently in here ( was a bit difficult coming back to raiding and jumping in to heroic progressing straight away),

currently progressing on heroic Horridon and Iron qon, got a questions on horridon regarding solo tanking the entire fight, yes im talking SOLO, ive seen some Logs of guilds doing this fight with 1 tank on horridon and pickign up dinomancer, rest of the raid is 2 healers and dps, is this viable for progress or is this " we're used to the fight so we can do it like this".

also curious regarding how many stacks of Impale i should take on Iron qon, had a few tries last reset and i removed them around 4-5, do i dare take any more or is that the "Limit"?

With proper Purity and ShoR timing there's pretty much no limit to how high you can let Impale it stack.
    I recommend a reset for the first windstorm an right before the last phase starts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    plus I like the fact that they change all taunts to increase thread done to that target by 200%. taunt pull is back in business.
    Like anyone had problem with threat in the pull :S

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 07:15 AM ----------

currently progressing on heroic Horridon and Iron qon, got a questions on horridon regarding solo tanking the entire fight, yes im talking SOLO, ive seen some Logs of guilds doing this fight with 1 tank on horridon and pickign up dinomancer, rest of the raid is 2 healers and dps, is this viable for progress or is this " we're used to the fight so we can do it like this"
    It is viable but not easier. Solo tanking horridon does not provide an insane dps gain and makes the soft enrage harder by only having 1 tank to chain cooldowns in the last phase. You could do it for first kill but would not recommend it.

If you do, remember to not get stunned on the first gate by the stone gazers. What I found was that you can simply run away from the stonegazers when they start casting stone gaze (blizzard creativity). If you just run out of melee range you wont get stunned by it. I also found it helpful to have the raid being more stacked up, not stacked up ofc, but atleast on the same side of horridon, made picking up loose adds easier.