Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Overheal is converted into an absorb shield?
    Yea, probably the only thing that would make me consider taking EF.

On another topic, and I would've asked this 3 days ago but I got a suspension for telling some dude to go facehug a shotgun. Figures!

Anyway, thanks for the advice the other day about Durumu HC. We got him in like 10 pulls or so, really easy boss (Though I'll say it was made easier due to my raiders being awesome DPS, they got durumu down to below 30% during the first deathbeam). Anyhow, gonna go for Primordius tomorrow and I've heard he thrashes tanks around like little bitches. Any tips you can afford to spare?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Yea, probably the only thing that would make me consider taking EF.

On another topic, and I would've asked this 3 days ago but I got a suspension for telling some dude to go facehug a shotgun. Figures!

Anyway, thanks for the advice the other day about Durumu HC. We got him in like 10 pulls or so, really easy boss (Though I'll say it was made easier due to my raiders being awesome DPS, they got durumu down to below 30% during the first deathbeam). Anyhow, gonna go for Primordius tomorrow and I've heard he thrashes tanks around like little bitches. Any tips you can afford to spare?
    It is quite a rough fight on tank's health. Hand of Purity and unglyphed Divine Protection will be your best friends. Get mutated while your Viscous Horrors are up, since there should be a nice line of pools behind the boss as he's moving around.

I found Long arm of the Law worked best for me with moving around, since you'll be doing so much of it. Speed of Light won't be up every time you need it. I liked Holy Prism to help out on healing, and bouncing it off myself with all the adds around me was quite useful, or off the boss to help raid healing. I can see why some would use Execution Sentence, but personal choice I guess.

But yeah... a nice fight for tanks. Just be sure to get those Viscous Horrors as they spawn, use lots of Purity and Divine Protection, get mutated, and backpedal a lot

Deleted
    I suppose HoPurr is for the Black Blood stacks?

And are you sure it works after the nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by ccqpuodp View Post
    It is quite a rough fight on tank's health. Hand of Purity and unglyphed Divine Protection will be your best friends. Get mutated while your Viscous Horrors are up, since there should be a nice line of pools behind the boss as he's moving around.

I found Long arm of the Law worked best for me with moving around, since you'll be doing so much of it. Speed of Light won't be up every time you need it. I liked Holy Prism to help out on healing, and bouncing it off myself with all the adds around me was quite useful, or off the boss to help raid healing. I can see why some would use Execution Sentence, but personal choice I guess.

But yeah... a nice fight for tanks. Just be sure to get those Viscous Horrors as they spawn, use lots of Purity and Divine Protection, get mutated, and backpedal a lot
    personally i found SoL to be sort of useful when you might not be very close to the boss just to make sure you can get to him before the slime does.
    Overall i guess it depends on your strat but i only see LAotL or SoL to be useful here.

I suppose HoPurr is for the Black Blood stacks?

And are you sure it works after the nerf?
    Black Blood generally doesn't stack as high as the dot from primordius - it's just there for general purpose of dot damage reduction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Black Blood generally doesn't stack as high as the dot from primordius - it's just there for general purpose of dot damage reduction.
    Oh right, Primordius also applies a dot, I was confusing it with the Durumu healing reduction stack for some reason. But, again, does HoPur still work for it since the "HoPur doesn't affect stuff that ignores immunities" thing?

I'm pretty sure you can remove the dots with immunities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can remove the dots with immunities.
    Oh, really? Haven't tried on Primordius (he was so easy in normal I never got to experiment anything). Gonna give it a go, thanks for the tips!

Would only recommend bubbling off after you've killed your share of bloods though, because you may need the primordius dot to kill the bloods.

Deleted
    I think it's the other way around (Blood dot increases dmg done to Primordius). :P

Deleted
    Primordius' debuff increases damage you do to all the adds (including the horrors). The Viscous Horror debuff increases damage you do to Primordius. Hand of Purity definitely works, since both debuffs can be removed with Divine Shield.

Although I have never needed to get rid of either debuff with Divine Shield, assuming you're swapping the boss every 2 Viscous Horrors.

Ya but primordius damage isn't as vital as blood damage.
    Also primordius can hurt a lot with the wrong combination of buffs.

Deleted
    Oh, I didn't get the part where his DoT also affected the adds! So we were both right as add's dot also increases damage to him :P. Sorry about calling you out wrongly, though!

Thanks too, ccqpuodp, I don't think I'll be needing/wanting to use DS to reset stacks but it's good that it's possible so we know HoPur will work. I like to minimize surprises and cause unnecessary stress on the healers during progression. Thank you guys.

Deleted

Prot pally cooldowns are glorious, tanking lu'lin through the enrage for 30s to nab our first kill was great. So close to 1 million dps >:

Deleted
    Mkay. So continuing with some more napkin math for the 4p bonus. Presuming 50% haste.

Max uptime presuming no T5 talent and GC procs - 75%~
    Presuming low amount of GC procs (around 5% of your hopo) - 79.5%~
    Presuming averageish amount of GC procs (around 9% of your hopo) - 82%~

If you use a 2 point WoG instead of a 1 point WoG (to get even bigger heal) when generating BoG HoPo, you lose about 2% uptime.

Using WoG at 4 BoG stacks instead of 5 is a theoretical drop of about 1.5%, however what you need to consider is that this will cause less wasted HoPo, basically using WoG at 5 stacks will cause you to instantly gain 5 HoPo which leaves room for getting wasted HoPo aswell as DP procs if you use DP.

Using DP, if you get a proc on the fifth SotR, you would use SotR again, that additional SotR would therefor not give you any BoG stacks. If you instead WoG at 4 stacks as a baseline, if you get a DP proc at the fourth one you can just use another SotR without overcapping BoG.

If you get a DP proc from the WoG, if you used the WoG at 5 stacks you also have a higher chance of wasting HoPo than if you used it at 4 stacks. All in all, it is very close, but it is possible that using WoG at 4 BoG stacks could actually yield a higher amount of HoPo in practice, however the difference is almost non-existant. It is very possible though that it may feel smoother to use it at 4 stacks as a baseline.

A few things to note.
    - If you get a DP proc on the 'last' SotR in a cycle, it is worth using another SotR instead of wasting the DP proc on WoG.
    - The 4 piece devalues DP in the sense that it will cause a lot of overcapping in HoPo, however it also increases that value of DP in the sense that each DP proc generates 3.8 HoPo instead of 3.
    - You also get one additional proc chance from the 1 point HoPo. Basically you can get 6 procs every 16 HoPo as opposed to 5 every 15, or 5 procs every 12 HoPo is you use WoG at 4 BoG stacks.
    -At first glance it may look like the value of DP is pretty much +- 0, since you get a bit more procs, and each procs gives you a bit more, however you will also waste a lot of HoPo simply due to overcapping because of DP. Current DP increases your SotR uptime by 33%. With the 4p it could very likely increase your uptime by closer to 40-45%, but we need to see it in practice to be sure. The way that BoG stack interracts with DP is intriguing.

In the end, I cant wait to see how this works in practice.

Hi guys.

Easy question:

Trash thunderforged boots or crafted boots?

do increased armor make up for loss on gem sockets, leading to haste loss?

Edit: uhm, wowhead links not working in mmo? In a layer-on-mouseover sense.
    Last edited by Kethmil; 2013-06-24 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Hi guys.

Easy question:

Trash thunderforged boots or crafted boots?

do increased armor make up for loss on gem sockets, leading to haste loss?

Edit: uhm, wowhead links not working in mmo? In a layer-on-mouseover sense.
    Gemmed, enchanted and double upgraded the Crafted boots easily comes on top in terms of haste they are very hard to beat.
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhag View Post
    Gemmed, enchanted and double upgraded the Crafted boots easily comes on top in terms of haste they are very hard to beat.
    I'll only be replacing mine with the HC Twins boots, that's for sure.

I'll only be replacing mine with the HC Twins boots, that's for sure.
    Ehh, I'm not so sure on that. Losing the extra socket hurts, and the Crit is mediocre compared to the mastery.

The only boots I'd swap my 2/2 Crafted for would be RaDen boots, but even that's kinda iffy (no native haste). Crit/Exp isn't BAD, just not good either. Eventually though, ilvl > all.

I tried to roll the boots and/or Ring last night, and got the dreaded "HERP DERP You're not eligible for loot off of this boss" message. /rage. I did rank on the fight as Ret though, (LOL!) even though I did abysmal damage. My PVP macro for t90 accidentally casted ES on MYSELF not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES! All with wings/trinkets up. /facepalm. Show's how much I PVE Ret these days...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Well, yea, the haste in those isn't optimal but the extra ilvl is kind of tempting... Specially if a TF version happens to drop (which I doubt, only fucking TF drop I got was shite).

On the other hand we're beginning Dark Animus HC progression now and I feel like I'm gonna grow an extra pair of gray hair in the upcoming weeks. After Megaera, Twins, Primordius and Durumu that were such easy bosses to progress through I just know I'll feel like crying...