DPS proc all the way. if it scales with the haste too, it'll be godlike.

Quote Originally Posted by zloitima View Post
    DPS proc all the way. if it scales with the haste too, it'll be godlike.
    Mhmm, looking at the fights like gen nazgrim, going to be fairly nice dps at the start.

Actually does anyone know if we have any "damaging spells" besides HW / Holy prism ? Judgement ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Mhmm, looking at the fights like gen nazgrim, going to be fairly nice dps at the start.

Actually does anyone know if we have any "damaging spells" besides HW / Holy prism ? Judgement ?
    In what context? Damaging spells for some proc?

The intellect dps cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    In what context? Damaging spells for some proc?

The intellect dps cloak?
    Mhmm, seems like 36k dmg from the proc (even if only 6k are instant) might be > 360% weapon dmg. (Especially if it scales with SP, which it probably does)

EDIT : or not, forgot that it's 60% x 6 times. Might be worth calculating it later on.

Deleted
    I dont think we will know for sure until we get those cloaks, how they interact. There are other things to consider. Such as it is very possible that the melee cloak will proc SoI for us and that would be awesome.

Deleted
    I dont think we will know for sure until we get those cloaks, how they interact. There are other things to consider. Such as it is very possible that the melee cloak will proc SoI for us and that would be awesome.
    Until they fix it because our healing scaling with aoe isn't intended, like when it worked with HotR. It'll proc GotO for monks though because they're allowed to scale on aoe (curse you SCK spewing green orbs everywhere)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Until they fix it because our healing scaling with aoe isn't intended, like when it worked with HotR. It'll proc GotO for monks though because they're allowed to scale on aoe (curse you SCK spewing green orbs everywhere)
    I think that is so bullshit on my monk. As you can decide where your GotO spawn, I usually make 3-4 pools of a lot of orbs, before starting to put them randomly a bit all over the place, basically allowing me to have 4 LoHs on my monk whenever I need it. Really think that is stupid.

just out of curiousity. im currently on 15.5k haste buffed. i feel its a sweet number to sit at if watching sotr uptime. if i found a sweet spot,can i stay there and get more mastery/stam or will that be worse then getting more haste?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Haste doesn't really start losing value until 50% (around 22k iirc). This is, of course, without the 10% raid buff since it's attack speed and not pure haste.

Saying that, more mastery and stam is going to be entirely survivability based. If you feel you need that then sure, pile on some stam, otherwise I'd prefer to stick with haste and the other benefits it grants.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    just out of curiousity. im currently on 15.5k haste buffed. i feel its a sweet number to sit at if watching sotr uptime. if i found a sweet spot,can i stay there and get more mastery/stam or will that be worse then getting more haste?
    It all depends what you need, if you're having issues with survivability from spike damage through ShotR, then Stamina would probably be the better option.
    Haste will probably be better than Mastery though, but it depends what you want, more Haste will be more DPS, Heals and Absorbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    It all depends what you need, if you're having issues with survivability from spike damage through ShotR, then Stamina would probably be the better option.
    Haste will probably be better than Mastery though, but it depends what you want, more Haste will be more DPS, Heals and Absorbs.
    I'd say that extra mastery will more likely help more with survival than extra stamina.

Deleted
    I'd say that extra mastery will more likely help more with survival than extra stamina.
    On most fights I would second that. Mastery is very underrated and stamina very overrated.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-07-01 at 05:41 AM.

Yup, if you think you've found a sweet spot with haste dump into more mastery/stam for survivability, otherwise crit/str if you want dps.

However I'd still try to aim for the 50% mark tbh, going from 50% haste to 25% (roughly 15k haste) for a few ra-den attempts just made a whole world of difference rotation-wise, for those few brief attempts the rotation just felt so slow compared to what I was used to.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDreads View Post
    Yup, if you think you've found a sweet spot with haste dump into more mastery/stam for survivability, otherwise crit/str if you want dps.

However I'd still try to aim for the 50% mark tbh, going from 50% haste to 25% (roughly 15k haste) for a few ra-den attempts just made a whole world of difference rotation-wise, for those few brief attempts the rotation just felt so slow compared to what I was used to.
    we're semi casual on 3/13 heroic so ra-den wont happen this tier we are aiming bit higher next tier, thats why im thinking that if i had a sweet spot i should go for more mastery/stam to eeaze things up during progress of next tier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    we're semi casual on 3/13 heroic so ra-den wont happen this tier we are aiming bit higher next tier, thats why im thinking that if i had a sweet spot i should go for more mastery/stam to eeaze things up during progress of next tier
    I still think that haste is your best option hands down. The question between going crit, mastery or stamina after 50% haste is a harder one, but going for 50% haste first is kinda no-brainer in my opinion. Mastery stacking can be useful on some fights but that is the exception rather than the rule.

I still think that haste is your best option hands down. The question between going crit, mastery or stamina after 50% haste is a harder one, but going for 50% haste first is kinda no-brainer in my opinion. Mastery stacking can be useful on some fights but that is the exception rather than the rule.
    Well while mastery stacking isn't too obvious yet, as soon as we get to 50% haste, the more mastery we get, the stronger it gets. (inb4 primodius with sotr reducing physical dmg by 100%)
    In the same way the avoidance stats become stronger the more we get of them (which is why it might be fun to see max avoidance % in BIS gear by the end of this tier) mastery also might become a lot more useful now.
    Plus unlike stamina it actually does reduce damage, which basically brings it down to "more dps" vs "more dmg mitigation" which makes me feel like we're going to initially see mastery being predominant and possibly later in the tier some tanks switching for crit.
    (here comes QQ of "tanks shouldn't be doing dmg, go back to 2 button no veng rotations")

Well while mastery stacking isn't too obvious yet, as soon as we get to 50% haste, the more mastery we get, the stronger it gets. (inb4 primodius with sotr reducing physical dmg by 100%)
    Hmmm, on this note, I must admit that I've never looked at my ShotR % redux on that boss when I got mastery buffs. I usually just cursed that I didn't get haste/crit/anything else. Does Mastery not have diminishing returns for us? I never really thought about it, since (like we are discussing) I was shooting for 21250 before putting stock in Mastery. I'd imagine that it doesn't, since that'd be very counterintuitive, but it certainly could/would cause some verrry weird things to happen in BiS t16.

In the same way the avoidance stats become stronger the more we get of them (which is why it might be fun to see max avoidance % in BIS gear by the end of this tier) mastery also might become a lot more useful now.
    Plus unlike stamina it actually does reduce damage, which basically brings it down to "more dps" vs "more dmg mitigation" which makes me feel like we're going to initially see mastery being predominant and possibly later in the tier some tanks switching for crit.
    (here comes QQ of "tanks shouldn't be doing dmg, go back to 2 button no veng rotations")
    Yeah, I think we will see a "Mastery movement" once 21250 is attainable, which should be around starting/mid t16 HCs. I guess the question remains are we going to see predominantly Physical nukes, or more magic based damage? I was initially thinking that it'd be higher magic, to help reign in some of the "pala QQ" that we have this tier, but so far it seems pretty even. Personally, I hope they NEVER do another Lei Shi type fight (ever! god that fight sucked in so many ways), but if so, we'd obviously be better off with Stam. I guess we have to wait and see.

And luckily, most of the folks in this thread are smart enough to not bring that terrible "tanks should be meatshields only!" crap up, but I am seeing it appear more often in the main pala forums. Ugh, bad information makes my head hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Yeah, I think we will see a "Mastery movement" once 21250 is attainable, which should be around starting/mid t16 HCs.
    It is attainable already. You just need to be close to weaing fully upgraded best-in-slot heroic tf gear.

Deleted
    SotR caps at 80% but as far as I know mastery doesn't diminish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    It is attainable already. You just need to be close to weaing fully upgraded best-in-slot heroic tf gear.
    Going through the items, if I went for only 2pT15 (helm/shoulder, with ret tier chest, primo gloves/durumu pants) and stacked haste in everything unbuffed it'd be around 20,694. With haste pot it's 21,444. Still about 1,056 away from the 50% haste cap. Which is about 47.65% Still rather close.

Remember, it's 450 haste = 1%, which is 22,500 for 50%.