And I'm pretty sure twins drop a neck, but no weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    And I'm pretty sure twins drop a neck, but no weapon.
    Wowhead messed me up and said the zone drop sword was a boss drop.

And Striker Battletags from vendor are better until heroics I'm pretty sure. Of course again this may depend on where your expertise sits.

And his question was in regard to LFR anyway so yeah Striker Battletags. So I guess go ret on Twins?
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 2013-07-17 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    still wouldn't help your situation (unless you meant a different weapon).
    Well poop. Guess I'm stuck with what I have now.

I didn't notice that paladin community is so helpful nowadays. Guess I'll go back to my current main and go to monk forums where people actually answer when you ask for help.

Wowhead messed me up and said the zone drop sword was a boss drop.

And Striker Battletags from vendor are better until heroics I'm pretty sure. Of course again this may depend on where your expertise sits.

And his question was in regard to LFR anyway so yeah Striker Battletags. So I guess go ret on Twins?
    Yeah, I have the SPA neck (530) but recently got the dps ones off of heroic Council. I've been trying the heroic ones out, but I'm not sure how they compare yet. The SPA ones are pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I didn't notice that paladin community is so helpful nowadays. Guess I'll go back to my current main and go to monk forums where people actually answer when you ask for help.
    What are you on about?

Post on 151 page I made yesterday morning. Sorry, I guess I only interrupted your discussion.

In the upcoming lockout I might tank hc tortos (10 man) with my paladin instead of monk (due to lack of hunter who went on vacation). Paladin was my main until mop, when I rerolled, so she is in "so-so" shape. Could you give me some tips/help (suggested glyphs/talents), etc for this one? What we plan is to have holy pala healing with rf so we know where bats will be going. Going with tanking strategy instead of kiting without md gives more room for mistake imo.

Here is armory of my paladin: (yes I know I forgot about shoulder enchant and belt buckle): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lissa/advanced

Many thanks for all tips.
    When bats spawn wait a second and slam shield on Tortos and hit him with Holy Prism. Instant aggro. You don't want to be chasing down a healer.
    Not going to speak to glyphs and talents other than holy prism.

In the upcoming lockout I might tank hc tortos (10 man) with my paladin instead of monk (due to lack of hunter who went on vacation). Paladin was my main until mop, when I rerolled, so she is in "so-so" shape. Could you give me some tips/help (suggested glyphs/talents), etc for this one? What we plan is to have holy pala healing with rf so we know where bats will be going. Going with tanking strategy instead of kiting without md gives more room for mistake imo.

Here is armory of my paladin: (yes I know I forgot about shoulder enchant and belt buckle): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lissa/advanced

Many thanks for all tips.
    It looks like your post got lost in the middle of a discussion that was going on. For future reference, there's a Fixing my Tanking! thread that's better suited for questions like this.

We could use some more information. Unless I'm missing something, you don't state if you're the Tortos tank or the add tank. I'm also assuming you're two tanking? "Tanking strat" is pretty vague.

We run Paladin/DK as our tanks. I'm usually on the boss full time and our DK picks up the bats. I run pretty standard glyphs/talents (FS/AS, BH, FW for glyphs and DP, HPr/LH for talents). Tortos tanking is pretty straightforward and the only time it gets annoying is on the pull because Snapping Bite will eat up your shield immediately. I usually pool up 3 HoPo, ShoR, and then use my Judge/Crystal macro to get a shield right away (and pop a defensive CD for good measure).

I haven't been add tank ever so not too familiar with that, but I imagine you can just sit on your Holy paladin and drop a Consecrate. Our DK holds Tortos for a few seconds before bats drop to build up Vengeance, so you can consider doing that. As for glyphs, if you're having issues with bats going crazy, Consecrate glyph MIGHT be helpful?

If you're solo tanking, just have your holy paladin stand on top of you whenever bats come down. Your Vengeance + Consecrate + LH should be more than enough.

The other alternative, is why don't you just tank the bats on your monk? I've done it on 25H, I'm sure it isn't nearly as bad on 10H. You actually have more and better tools on the monk as opposed to the paladin. Not to mention GUARDS EVERYWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Well tortos doesn't drop anything useful anyway.
    Crit/haste shoulders are pretty beast, but yeah. It's mostly crap.

To expand on the above
    Wait...wait....no.

Prot for Jin until you get a 522 weapon - You miss out on the belt here, which is BIS by a longshot. I think the chest can go both ways, but you also get stuck with the dodge/exp ring as Prot. Stay Ret.

Prot for Prim until 522 shield - LORD no. So many traps on his Prot table. Mace, Legs AND Shoulders ALL with Dodge AND Parry. Or, you could go ret and get Hit/Haste gloves, Hit/Haste Ring, or trinket/cape (poop, but not bad for ret)

Prot for Iron Qon until a 522 weapon - Agreed

Prot for Twins until 522 weapon - Meh the neck is pretty shit, since we're talking about LFR. He should just go buy the valor haste/mastery one (I still wear it at 545 ilvl). Ret gets boots and a trinket (again, not great, but good for OS)

Prot for Lei Shen until 522 shield and if you want the Stam Trinket (though not really needed). - This is the shield you want. You get Parry/mastery shield WITH a chance at Stam trinket (never bad to have) or a hit/mastery helm if you get "unlucky". Hell, even the "tank" legs he drops aren't bad.

Some weapons may fit your stats better than others.

Man I didn't realize there were so many occasions for weapons yet the only thing I've seen is the damned one from Tortos that has crit and hit.
    Really, don't sweat a weapon. It's not a big deal AT ALL, basically a stat stick.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, @ the angry monk, why not just tank them on the monk? They're pretty much made for that job, after all... Shouldn't need MD's/Tricks on a Monk (if that's why you're considering changing it up).

If you just want to gear the paladin, that's another story. If you just want to face-tank, have the HPal stand on you, use BH glyph, and tank as normal. Bats will come, drop cons, keep up ShotR/CDs as needed, and faceroll to victory.

Should add that LH is waaaay better than prism here. Slows turtles (and bats), does retard-stronk dmg (and healing), and is on the perfect CD for call-turtles (til ~20%).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Sigh... so many other pieces drop that fill those other slots but there are only so many opportunity for weapons and shields. And when it comes to these beggars can't be choosers if they don't have a raid team to funnel gear. It's highly likely someone looking for gearing advice in lfr tot has a 483 or less and min/maxing isn't as relevant yet.

I stand by my recommendations.

Sigh... so many other pieces drop that fill those other slots but there are only so many opportunity for weapons and shields. And when it comes to these beggars can't be choosers if they don't have a raid team to funnel gear. It's highly likely someone looking for gearing advice in lfr tot has a 483 or less and min/maxing isn't as relevant yet.

I stand by my recommendations.
    Weapons are stat sticks. They really don't matter in the grand scheme. Shields are a bit more important, but honestly you can get 4 useful items from Lei Shen and miss out on nothing, or get 1 shield from Primo and a 3 in 4 chance of DODGE/PARRY LOOT, while also giving up BIS pieces.

The Jinrohk belt is BIS. Primo gloves and ring are BIS. Twins has a better neck available for valor.

You can stand by your recommendations, but that doesn't make them correct.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

was looking at the new drops in SoO, you can find it HERE almost everything has haste on it. cap will be so damn easy to obtain...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    was looking at the new drops in SoO, you can find it HERE almost everything has haste on it. cap will be so damn easy to obtain...
    Afaik atm the stats are just buffed items from ToT (look for example at the helm/gloves)

found a non tier helm with haste n mastery so all isnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Weapons are stat sticks. They really don't matter in the grand scheme. Shields are a bit more important, but honestly you can get 4 useful items from Lei Shen and miss out on nothing, or get 1 shield from Primo and a 3 in 4 chance of DODGE/PARRY LOOT, while also giving up BIS pieces.

The Jinrohk belt is BIS. Primo gloves and ring are BIS. Twins has a better neck available for valor.

You can stand by your recommendations, but that doesn't make them correct.
    SPA belt upgraded is better than the LFR Jinrohk belt as long as your not over hit cap reforged. I would say that you are incorrect as well.

SPA belt upgraded is better than the LFR Jinrohk belt as long as your not over hit cap reforged. I would say that you are incorrect as well.
    This is the Crit/Mastery belt with 1 socket? Over the Haste/Mastery belt with 2?

But you mention hit? Oh, wait....you mean the Hit/Dodge belt? Rofl, yes, please everyone, listen to this advice.

Look, if you have your own opinions, that's fine. We all know that you don't like haste, don't think tanks should do damage, and don't have any real math to back up anything you say, just opinion and emotion. So, while we all enjoy reading what you think, please don't give advice to anyone about tanking.
    20k and counting...

I'm sorry that you can't tell the difference between a 530 item compared to a 510. Math isn't hard.

I'm sorry that you can't tell the difference between a 530 item compared to a 510. Math isn't hard.
    I'm sorry that all we're judging on is ilvl.