10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Just realised that come 5.4 it may be worth considering changing shield enchant to parry with the GC change.
    wth are you using now then? :-)
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Probably 50 mastery although I don't see the point in using that enchant °_°

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently thinking about what tank to play in 5.4. I have Blood DK and Prot Paladin. Both with 540+ Itemlevel. co-tank is a Monk.
    Not really sure which tank is better in 5.4 with the current changes. Prot loses Battle Healer, gains insane multi adds tanking proccs. Blood DK gets a good junk of dps due to riposte while retaining their raidheal (bloodworms).

We already have a Heal Pally.

Has anybody some information on the debuffs and one-tankable bosses in 5.4? Do you need 2 Pallys for BoPs? (need as as in it makes stuff alot easier). Can you solotank alot of stuff?

Anyone got some feedback?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    mmm yeah I always figured that whilst 170 parry isn't desirable, I don't consider mastery to be 3.5 times better than it :<
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    regarding trinkets again - everyone seems to be sitting over hit cap....but still using the fabled feather, tsk at wasted stats - wouldnt it be better to use the council mastery one instead, i picked it up last night and think it's great. on-use 90k hp buff isnt something to be sniffed at too.

personally im not overawed by the strngth proc from fable....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    regarding trinkets again - everyone seems to be sitting over hit cap....but still using the fabled feather, tsk at wasted stats - wouldnt it be better to use the council mastery one instead, i picked it up last night and think it's great. on-use 90k hp buff isnt something to be sniffed at too.

Well, you're raiding 25 main hc. Thats a different game.

On 10 man hc I don't need any kind of survival stat. I don't die. Peroid. When I die, I messed up badly. Even tanking Lei-Shen HC after getting Tank-Debuff (and therefore getting 300k Vengeance worth of hits) is easily survivable.

Therefore, the mastery from the trinket ist wasted. And so is the procc. I also don't need another "on-demand" CD. We have plenty. I end up not using it in 95% of all cases.

In 10 man you want damage. Serious Damage. I run strength flask and 300 strength food. Even on progress. I don't need the stamina. Only time i used it was animus hc progress for the magic damage that gets insanely high toward the end when your golem has 2-3 empowers.

So, even if you waste a little bit of hit whats still more useful than the mastery you would get from the other trinket. And the strength procc is just awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    wth are you using now then? :-)
    Yeah, as the others said 50 mastery.

- - - Updated - - -

Currently thinking about what tank to play in 5.4. I have Blood DK and Prot Paladin. Both with 540+ Itemlevel. co-tank is a Monk.
    Not really sure which tank is better in 5.4 with the current changes. Prot loses Battle Healer, gains insane multi adds tanking proccs. Blood DK gets a good junk of dps due to riposte while retaining their raidheal (bloodworms)
    I would keep a paladin over a dk no doubt. DKs still get no real raid utility.

I'd still put my money on pallies next patch.
    Problem with Blood Worms is that their healing ranges from useless to unreliable at best.
    And unless they're going the DS route where tank damage is a complete joke then I don't see blood dks being able to keep up - monks will still have better dps and better mitigation scaling and prot paladins just have the best tools overall atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I went shield spike some months ago and did not change it. It hits for ~850 dmg and chance is ~50% on block. So not very strong but the rest just feels so useless.

@Kittycovox: Twins is easy as tank. I use to tank the boss and the beast in P1. OT taunts off, when beast spawns on me and i went out a bit. Advantage is, you can hit ranges before the barrage with HolyPrism, because using it on the boss doesn't hit ranges and melees don't take considerable damage.
    In P2 just place yourself next to a meteor and make sure, she has the Frozen debuff (don't know the english name) and so loses fire-stacks. Use unglyphed DP for the 2nd fan of flames. I use speed of light to get behind the meteors for inferno. We always used the Tiger (slow) for the first inferno, because every 2nd try the 2nd meteor doen't spawn before the inferno. In P3 tank the bosses together and clear the stacking fire buffs via meteor. Let ranges/healers stay spread. Use slow for the first tidal waves. Throw all raid CDs for inferno/cosmic barrage, you don't need them later. P4 = P1 without the funny rogues attacking the raid from shadow.

After all the fight is all about ranges not dieing. Feel free to use 7 healers.

Deleted
    You don't really need to tankswap for beast of nightmares (I don't) and the other tank can focus solely on revealing adds ASAP. Plus, not swapping gives you a lot of damage on Lulin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    You don't really need to tankswap for beast of nightmares (I don't) and the other tank can focus solely on revealing adds ASAP. Plus, not swapping gives you a lot of damage on Lulin.
    Moving out with the beast helps healers not get extra stacks of the debuff though, since they put some aoe healing in melee range. (25man here, ofc)

Deleted
    It sucked when they changed so it would spawn multiple beasts.

Previously there would only spawn a beast on a target if there was no beast on the target. So since we were solo tanking, I just found out that it was smarter for me to focused shield in order not to cleave. Then I simply went full out single target, ignoring the beast. What this meant was when the second and third beast would spawn, the first beast was still alive so they would not spawn. As soon as the third beast "spawned" I just finished off the first beast which was usually on 10-40% from my consecration as this point.

Though they changed that now. Beasts spawn regardless of another being alive now.

There is only one semi-reliable way to force beasts not to spawn that I know of now, though it requires expert precision and can only be done every 10 minutes for each player that can do it. So, it is only really viable for 25 mans to skip all 3 beasts, 10 mans can maybe skip 1 or 2, but dont see the hassle being worth it.

Deleted

The Str proc from the Feather is simply brutal. Even with the stat loss it is a DPS gain over the SPA exp/str trinket.
    But if you want to go for survivability, then you can use the mastery one. I just don't see the point in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't the beasts despawning in P2?
    I never tried it, but I remember something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    It sucked when they changed so it would spawn multiple beasts.

Previously there would only spawn a beast on a target if there was no beast on the target. So since we were solo tanking, I just found out that it was smarter for me to focused shield in order not to cleave. Then I simply went full out single target, ignoring the beast. What this meant was when the second and third beast would spawn, the first beast was still alive so they would not spawn. As soon as the third beast "spawned" I just finished off the first beast which was usually on 10-40% from my consecration as this point.

Though they changed that now. Beasts spawn regardless of another being alive now.

There is only one semi-reliable way to force beasts not to spawn that I know of now, though it requires expert precision and can only be done every 10 minutes for each player that can do it. So, it is only really viable for 25 mans to skip all 3 beasts, 10 mans can maybe skip 1 or 2, but dont see the hassle being worth it.
    10 minutes. Skipping Beasts.

San'lin Warr Banner?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    10 minutes. Skipping Beasts.

San'lin Warr Banner?
    Yup. 10chars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Moving out with the beast helps healers not get extra stacks of the debuff though, since they put some aoe healing in melee range. (25man here, ofc)
    Dunno how it is in 25 but in 10-man it isn't a problem. Only thing I need to do is have a macro to remove our MW's Renewing Mist (so he doesn't get stacks when using Upift) so I suppose even in 25-man you could do it NP by just removing any HoTs or wtvr that might give them stacks. Plus, only the first beast takes any time to die in 10HC, as you have the lowest vengeance. I always pop HA for third one and it falls in like 10 seconds, if that much.

Deleted
    Found tons of uses for the battle-banner in ToT to be honest.
    Probably forgot some

Jin - Soaking the nature punch, whatever it is called, allows a solo tank to reset stacks. I have no idea if the scout can get thrown with the thundering throw to be honest, could be worth testing
    Horridon - Great for soaking the tripple puncture that lines up with a dire call, it is like an extra CD
    Tortos - Guess you can soak a snapping bite but I would never bother tbh.
    Ji-Kun - Can soak a talon rake, allowing a solo tank to reset stacks. If coupled with a ghost iron dragonling it makes for very very easy stack resets.
    Used it a few times here to reset stacks when my co-tank died for whatever reasons.
    Durumu - Can take a hard stare, guess it can be nice but I never bothered with it.
    Twins - The beasts, can also soak fan of flame
    LS - Can soak decapitate (looks hillarious btw), can also soak fusion punch but no idea why you would do that

Twins - The beasts, can also soak fan of flame
    Probably a more useful use of the item than skipping a beast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Probably a more useful use of the item than skipping a beast.
    It is almost impossible to time it properly with fan of flame though as the timer is very unreliable, timing it with beasts is easy and it is a dps increase since you dont have to waste dps on it as a tank.

I guess it is doable with the fan in heroic after the nuclear inferno.

Anyone got some feedback?[/FONT]
    ProtPal/Monk will still remain the strongest combo in 10s, due to the amount of raid healing contributed. Prot didn't lose BH, we just get a new version. The new version is actually stronger at raid healing than the old one (just with the tradeoff of personal healing). BrM raid-guards are insanely powerful, and even with the riposte bandaid, DK's will be markedly behind both of these classes in DPS. And DK's still have fuckall for raid cooldowns and raid buffs.

I'm sitting at ~8.2% hit, fucking animus has never ever ever dropped a conq chest ever. If I could swap in Ret tier chest, I'd be fine. Even if I never could, I'd still rock feather over the FotZ trinket. I've got a HC version of it in my bags "just in case", but I've not ever seen an encounter or even situation where I said to myself "Self, I sure could use an extra 10% hp for a few seconds every 2 minutes!". Mastery is great, but I don't need any more than what I have.

That said, it's a great DK trinket, since it's a mastery bank and you can macro the HP boost to Death Pact for moar heelz.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why would you want to/need to skip beasts? I don't think I've used any personal cooldowns or externals in phase1, ever, and our self-heal/sustain keeps us up NP. We run Disc/MW/HPal to keep the raid up, but I pretty much handle myself with SOI/SS, and the occasional HPr and/or WOG if needed. Skipping beasts just slows down the burn.

I tried clicking off ReM from our monk, but we decided it was easier for him to just fistweave. Between that and the disc, we usually have LuLin ~15% going into phase 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...