I've gotten a single infraction for calling someone a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

While waiting on Theck to respond via twitter, what's the holy power/minute to achieve 100% uptime for SotR?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    While waiting on Theck to respond via twitter, what's the holy power/minute to achieve 100% uptime for SotR?
    60 without considering T5 talent.

45.11 HoPo/min with DP talented on average. But lets say 48 to allow some bad luck streaks.

Around the 42 mark with Divine Purpose, on average (spoilers, 1 hp/sec before procs)

Edit: sorry, closer to 45 as Firefly said, derped up the percentage calc
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-07-19 at 07:13 PM.

I'm considering going back to Holy Avenger to be honest, as I think I could potentially get a higher SotR uptime with HA than DivPurp. The random fluctuation of 2-15 HP/m of DivPurp might be causing me problems.

15 HP/m of DivPurp on Animus this week, and 10.36 HP/m from T15 4P bonus on Animus gave me a combined 56.79 HP/m gained over 5:36. I should do it next week with Holy Avenger and see what the difference is.

ShoR costs 3 holy power and has a 3 second duration. 3 divided by 3 is 1, so you need 1 holy power per second.

Deleted
    Well, HA gives a slightly higher SoTR uptime according to simcraft (well, at least with my 41% haste it does), as long as we don't calculate the 4P from this or the next tier in. Those don't really affect HA, while they do benefit DP.

The issue is that DP is either very streaky, which is great and amazing (re: 28 procs in 5:36) or terrible and causing you to wish you were really lucky (24 procs in 8:30).

I haven't used HA since somewhere in T14, but I guess I should test it out and see if it will give me a higher uptime because it's guaranteed HP every time. I can probably abuse it a bit by using Divine Protection, getting a bunch of holy power stacking SotR up a bit, then using HA and stacking it even more, then using Divine Protection again and going even further.

As it is now, the 5.4 change to Unbreakable Spirit is going to make it even better, and Treckie is saying he's getting 100% SotR uptime on the PTR using our 4p bonus testing 10 mans in scaled down 520 gear. Which, if true, just proves that what I've been advocating all along... our T15 4P is overpowered and very underrated.

HA can give you a higher effective uptime on tank-swap fights.

I'm referring to single tank, only the paladin no one else, fights. Like Durumu and Iron Qon.

I'd probably go with the buffed SA unless you have something giving you lots of GC procs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    How do you guys manage to get major flaming and major trolling? You need to go to general discussions for that? Maybe I should spend more time in R&D.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/771870-Protection-4-0-1/page17?p=9360476#post9360476
    Didn't even get an infraction for that so idk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I'd probably go with the buffed SA unless you have something giving you lots of GC procs.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...76#post9360476
    Didn't even get an infraction for that so idk.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post21502593

I still feel like I was in the right

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Though DP can help with raid healing for some intense fights when off-tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Hope we don't see too many of those since the nerf to sit-tanking makes tank swaps painful for dps /:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post21502593

I still feel like I was in the right
    Totally worth it :O

Deleted
    I just feel like HA is not even an option in T16. If you need a CD over throughput, SW is far superior in every aspect with the new buffs it recieved.

That said, DP just scales so well with haste, the GC change and the T16 4p if you use that.

Deleted
    I agree. I'm a big fan of HA (maybe 'cuz I also play Ret PvP a lot?) but I gotta say DP just keeps getting better as I get more Haste and with the WoG set bonus in T16 (which I'll probably get due to Blizzard finally itemizing prot pieces properly) I think it will definitely be the best all around.

Haven't looked into the changed SW that much yet but for now I'll assume you're correct in that it's the best choice for an extra defensive CD but.. What will be the best DPS one? Will HA, with the 30% damage increase be the best one for tight DPS races or will SW take that spot too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Haven't looked into the changed SW that much yet but for now I'll assume you're correct in that it's the best choice for an extra defensive CD but.. What will be the best DPS one? Will HA, with the 30% damage increase be the best one for tight DPS races or will SW take that spot too?
    I think it is gonna depend how good you can stack those abilities up with other abilities, but my guess is that if you can get your hands on the trinket that reduces SWs CD, it will win out over HA. But if you do not have that trinket it is probably gonna be pretty even.

The point that I'm trying to prove is that you are able to get 100% SotR uptime RIGHT NOW wearing T15 4P. But the problem is that Divine Purpose is very random, as I pointed out getting 28 in 5:36 (5 hp/min), 26 in 8:52 (2.93 hp/m), and 30 in 8:09 (3.68 hp/m). The lowest my 4P bonus has given me was 2.08 holy power per minute, the most was 10.36.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which Legendary meta should we be taking for a haste build? I'm in ToT 10 N progression. Just started last week. Moved from a mastery to a haste build this week. I like the feel and speed alot better but my damage intake feels more spiky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Capacitative. The one that gives crit and a damage proc.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

The point that I'm trying to prove is that you are able to get 100% SotR uptime RIGHT NOW wearing T15 4P. But the problem is that Divine Purpose is very random, as I pointed out getting 28 in 5:36 (5 hp/min), 26 in 8:52 (2.93 hp/m), and 30 in 8:09 (3.68 hp/m). The lowest my 4P bonus has given me was 2.08 holy power per minute, the most was 10.36.
    If it's based on the proc, i doubt it's "proof" it's more of "sometimes you can get 100% uptime if rng is favorable"