Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    If it's based on the proc, i doubt it's "proof" it's more of "sometimes you can get 100% uptime if rng is favorable"
    So long as ShoR is active when the melee swing lands, it doesn't matter if you don't quite get 100% uptime

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    If it's based on the proc, i doubt it's "proof" it's more of "sometimes you can get 100% uptime if rng is favorable"
    There's nothing RNG about the bonus. You are clearly telegraphed when a boss will do a big damage spike on you, or you stand in things to gain holy power that way.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    There's nothing RNG about the bonus. You are clearly telegraphed when a boss will do a big damage spike on you, or you stand in things to gain holy power that way.
    referring to using div purpose

If switching to HA means that I can get a better uptime, then I'll go back to doing it, as sometimes with DivPurp it's either "WOO LOTS OF PROCS" or "holy shit, when will this ever proc". You'd think with almost 18k haste, that the talent would give more than 3HP/m sometimes.

I still only use DP on 4 fights: Council, Tortos, Primo and RaDen.

I feel like HA lines up better on everything else, either in terms of a DPS CD or a Defensive CD/autopilot.

Jin - We kill him in the first pool, so the DPS boost is nice/reliable
    Horri - Up for every door, and for cruise control at the end (both dmg AND defense)
    Meg - Up for every burn head
    JiKun - TBH prob should go DP here but I pop it at start, then again with feed young + lust (we do 2 nests and burn)
    Durumu - tried DP, didn't like it. Much prefer the wings/HA combo coming out of walls phase so I can go stand alone and not deal with other shit
    Qon - Phase 4 FTW
    Twins - Burn at start of each phase
    LS - various uses, but value "on demand" instead of RNG here.

Anyway, I've long been a proponent/die-hard user of HA. I suspect that may be over in 5.4 but I'm just not thrilled with DP. There are times on council/tortos that I literally open up my talents tree to make sure that I clicked "Learn", since I don't see a proc in 45-60 seconds...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I use DP on most fights (all heroic). HA is used for Dark Animus, since taking multiple golems on the pull can be dicey. Another cooldown on top of GoAK & AD is very nice.

For Iron Qon, I bubble my Impale stacks before the Windstorm. It usually gets to 7 stacks, but I've seen 8 sometimes. HA is a nice cooldown to use, along with the dogs & boss in P4.

I like it for Twins as well. Having some sort of cooldown up with a beast and the boss on me is nice.

The final place I use it is Lei Shen. Eating the first decap with AD then popping wings & HA with a few /sit thrown in makes for some nice DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I still only use DP on 4 fights: Council, Tortos, Primo and RaDen.

I feel like HA lines up better on everything else, either in terms of a DPS CD or a Defensive CD/autopilot.

Jin - We kill him in the first pool, so the DPS boost is nice/reliable
    Horri - Up for every door, and for cruise control at the end (both dmg AND defense)
    Meg - Up for every burn head
    JiKun - TBH prob should go DP here but I pop it at start, then again with feed young + lust (we do 2 nests and burn)
    Durumu - tried DP, didn't like it. Much prefer the wings/HA combo coming out of walls phase so I can go stand alone and not deal with other shit
    Qon - Phase 4 FTW
    Twins - Burn at start of each phase
    LS - various uses, but value "on demand" instead of RNG here.

Anyway, I've long been a proponent/die-hard user of HA. I suspect that may be over in 5.4 but I'm just not thrilled with DP. There are times on council/tortos that I literally open up my talents tree to make sure that I clicked "Learn", since I don't see a proc in 45-60 seconds...
    Omg thank god I'm not the only one ^^.
    Although on primordius, I like HA because I get to fully mutate myslef every time, and that sweet AW+HA+trinkets+potion on him is sweet since we 3heal this fight

I honestly don't think that i've used DP on any fight this expansion.
    For some i choose to go HA (while progressing on horridon / DA) but everything else is generally SW.

I'm just too lazy too use anything other than DP. Just like I always use RC for blood !:

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I'm just too lazy too use anything other than DP. Just like I always use RC for blood !:
    Idk, honestly i don't like it because of lolrng and because it messes with my UI.
    (Granted as blood <3 bloodtap)

Deleted
    Fun story: Some dudes feel like my healer shield is funny enough that they went on Trade, on their alts, specifically to make fun of it.

I could just reply back and say no one could make fun of some other guild's Protadin when their own can't get SS uptime over 60%+ on most fights but, hey, that's life!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Fun story: Some dudes feel like my healer shield is funny enough that they went on Trade, on their alts, specifically to make fun of it.

I could just reply back and say no one could make fun of some other guild's Protadin when their own can't get SS uptime over 60%+ on most fights but, hey, that's life!
    1. Get into LFR with another paladin tank
    2. "OMG YOU ARE USING HEALUR SHIELD HAHEHEHAHUEHUEHAUH, Noob!"
    3. "I am doing twice your dps and hps ^^"
    4. "U only haz vengeance"
    5. "Well, I got rank 1 on several of the fights in ToT with my healer shield so obviously I am doing something right"
    6. "No you dont!"
    7. "Link"
    8. "... HEALUIRRR SHIELDDDDH!"

Seriously considering equipping a blue strength shield everytime I go LFR

Deleted
    Luckily I don't run LFR so I never get that but in this case the guild making fun of me is a 13/13Hc one (though, I admit, if I and my guild could raid over 6+ hours a day and 5~6 days every week I'd be pretty ashamed if I weren't 13/13HC too).

On an unrelated note we finally had a setup again tonight and went down for some Dark Animus HC tries and we got him to ~30% a few times. We were 2-tanking/3 healing it previously but it was too much RNG and a tight timer to fill both adds up. We went with a 3rd tank and 2 healers tonight and it was a lot smoother. Most wipes were to people derping on Anima Font (namely a healer or the 3rd tank).

What I wanted to ask is: can you reset the big add stacks with anything besides DS? I was thinking of maybe using HoP when he's casting but I was afraid he turn and cast it on someone else instead and kill'em. Any tips? Really wanted to try and keep our monk on DA as much as possible since he has the highest ST dps.

Deleted
    As I stopped raiding a long while back and still 7/12 on runestones, I need to do LFR every week for that stupid quest.

Really grinds my gear. Especially when the other tank is doing 30k dps and has taunt binded to over button on his action bar.

Only other reset besides DS is AMS.

Or soulstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

What I wanted to ask is: can you reset the big add stacks with anything besides DS? I was thinking of maybe using HoP when he's casting but I was afraid he turn and cast it on someone else instead and kill'em. Any tips? Really wanted to try and keep our monk on DA as much as possible since he has the highest ST dps.
    They stay on you once they start casting meaning that you can bubble after the cast starts to prevent another stack - it also means that HoP is useless because it won't prevent the spell from hitting you.
    Some possible ways to handle the debuff:
    1) Have a dk - they can reset debuffs on both add tanks until their golem gets buffed (at that point they may need outside cds to reset)
    2) Delay the reset with cds as much as possible - the last 5 should be something like DivProt, GanK , AD , DivProt + Outside cd , Bubble (as I said do it while the add is casting)
    3) Same as 2 but do the first reset early (after you've used DivProt) then hope you survive long enough for bubble to be back up - this way your add won't have that many buff stacks and you may be able to survive up to 10 debuff stacks.
    4) Last resort: make a 3 way taunt with the animus tank to ensure noone ever gets too many stacks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Really grinds my gear. Especially when the other tank is doing 30k dps and has taunt binded to over button on his action bar.
    Tanks who don't know how and when to taunt are enfuriating. Obviously myself being a paladin, I have so far ONCE found another tank sensible enough to say "Dude just solo tank this". For Qon, Twins and Lei Shen I had this bear who was wearing Thunderforged normal loot, who seemed to desperately want to swap at 3stacks on Qon (LFR..........) and on Twins expected me to taunt each time a damn nightmare beast showed up. When it came to Lei Shen, wanted to taunt on Decapitate. GRRRRRRR. At least the other 2 times I did Lei Shen, the first I let the other tank solo it so I knew what to do, and the 3rd time I solo'd it to teach someone.

My all time favourite was a DK who found it impossible to not fall off the platform on Ji'kun. And then he blamed me for not being back fast enough to take the Talon Rake and save some DPS who had Roll/Disengage back into the boss. Forgetting that I've already had to use all my CD's because the healers are shite. Errr yeah. Not happening.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Tanks who don't know how and when to taunt are enfuriating. Obviously myself being a paladin, I have so far ONCE found another tank sensible enough to say "Dude just solo tank this". For Qon, Twins and Lei Shen I had this bear who was wearing Thunderforged normal loot, who seemed to desperately want to swap at 3stacks on Qon (LFR..........) and on Twins expected me to taunt each time a damn nightmare beast showed up. When it came to Lei Shen, wanted to taunt on Decapitate. GRRRRRRR. At least the other 2 times I did Lei Shen, the first I let the other tank solo it so I knew what to do, and the 3rd time I solo'd it to teach someone.

My all time favourite was a DK who found it impossible to not fall off the platform on Ji'kun. And then he blamed me for not being back fast enough to take the Talon Rake and save some DPS who had Roll/Disengage back into the boss. Forgetting that I've already had to use all my CD's because the healers are shite. Errr yeah. Not happening.
    Idk, i just let them die and then continue to solo tank. It sort of works out fine

Deleted
    They stay on you once they start casting meaning that you can bubble after the cast starts to prevent another stack - it also means that HoP is useless because it won't prevent the spell from hitting you.
    Some possible ways to handle the debuff:
    1) Have a dk - they can reset debuffs on both add tanks until their golem gets buffed (at that point they may need outside cds to reset)
    We don't have a DK in our roster, though .

2) Delay the reset with cds as much as possible - the last 5 should be something like DivProt, GanK , AD , DivProt + Outside cd , Bubble (as I said do it while the add is casting)
    At how many stacks do you reset? 10?

4) Last resort: make a 3 way taunt with the animus tank to ensure noone ever gets too many stacks
    Tank and druid swap between DA and the other add during the fight, I was trying to avoid a swap or delay it as much as possible so DA dps can be maximized and I have room to go around absorbing adds. I'm also making macros to cast Judg, HPrism and AS on DA once all my small adds are down to try and get more DPS on him.

At how many stacks do you reset? 10?
    I start using cooldowns by the time the smash can one-shot or gets close to a one-shot then just do the cd rotation as described.
    So bubble should be at 9-10 stacks depending on your gear and whether you actually have an outside cooldown for the 4th one alongside DP.