1. #3341
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    590
    Direhorns are cake. Try pulling a Primal Devilsaur with 3-4 Young Devilsaurs. -100% armor debuff brings a lot of pain.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 14/14H.

  2. #3342
    Over 9000! MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    9,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Direhorns are cake. Try pulling a Primal Devilsaur with 3-4 Young Devilsaurs. -100% armor debuff brings a lot of pain.
    That can be the next challenge

  3. #3343
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    That can be the next challenge
    Yeah. You can add couple of pterodactyls for extra fun, like I do sometimes. Yet to get a single Primal Egg, however. Droprate on that stuff is sooo low.

    P.S. Hello to good old Hellfire, I used to play there in TBC/Wrath times on my rogue, in <Dissidence>.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 14/14H.

  4. #3344
    Over 9000! MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    9,357
    Ah nice, what was the name? I might remember it. I'm guessing you left Dissi in the first incarnation when it died after Algalon did? The first Dissension revival was a bit... well it was good it had a few people that remembered (Perf, Javice) and they did well in ICC but it never seemed to recover its former glory, even in Cata. Was great but was creeped up on. The second incarnation in MOP didn't seem to do much, the guild just seemed so unstable without some of the old familiar names.

    A few people on here seem to be from Hellfire at some point and they all kinda vaguely remember the same people, seeing as it was always small server. I've been on the server since start and the mod Synthaxx was Chronalis on Hellfire until WOTLK when he moved.

  5. #3345
    3-4 baby devilsaurs? 5 is where it's at + the daddy

  6. #3346
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    3-4 baby devilsaurs? 5 is where it's at + the daddy
    Yeah, when I was farming for egg+bones+journals, I was doing the path to the right (with the troll camp on beach, then devilsaurs, then direhorn+trolls, then pterdactyl+trolls, repeat) and pulled the 1+4 pack of Devilsaurs. I hated that pack, ShotR does fuck all when you have no armor After I got all the pets, mounts and journals, I just stick to Direhorns, since it's so much faster (and safer/easier). More vengeance too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  7. #3347
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Ah nice, what was the name? I might remember it. I'm guessing you left Dissi in the first incarnation when it died after Algalon did? The first Dissension revival was a bit... well it was good it had a few people that remembered (Perf, Javice) and they did well in ICC but it never seemed to recover its former glory, even in Cata. Was great but was creeped up on. The second incarnation in MOP didn't seem to do much, the guild just seemed so unstable without some of the old familiar names.
    Yeah, I quitted WoW after we unlocked Algalon, but before the actual kill. My rogue's name was Serpentia. I still play her as an alt, though she is no longer night elf, but a cute panda.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 14/14H.

  8. #3348
    Over 9000! MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    9,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Yeah, I quitted WoW after we unlocked Algalon, but before the actual kill. My rogue's name was Serpentia. I still play her as an alt, though she is no longer night elf, but a cute panda.
    I definitely definitely remember seeing that name around. But then, during WOTLK, I used to leave for school in the morning, walk around a bit then come home as parents went to work. Didn't go half the time and I don't think I ever spent an entire day there towards the last few years but then 2 of those years were optional. I was online all the time, so saw a lot of people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    3-4 baby devilsaurs? 5 is where it's at + the daddy
    Yeah I know, welcome to the world of LFR gear Besides, I'm so far behind in terms of the tier anyway, I've only been playing like... 3 weeks now Since January. At which point I also played for 3 weeks

  9. #3349
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Yeah, when I was farming for egg+bones+journals, I was doing the path to the right (with the troll camp on beach, then devilsaurs, then direhorn+trolls, then pterdactyl+trolls, repeat) and pulled the 1+4 pack of Devilsaurs. I hated that pack, ShotR does fuck all when you have no armor After I got all the pets, mounts and journals, I just stick to Direhorns, since it's so much faster (and safer/easier). More vengeance too!
    I'm a fan of HA as well so it's usually HA into guardian into stack reset with bubble and just nuking the big devilsaur before i run out of stuff. After that it's leisurely pickings on the little guys.

  10. #3350
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Ah yeah, blues are 3+4, for some reason was thinking it was 2+5 like green. Blue is the dicey one, I had better luck picking off a few smalls early there, to keep stacks ~30 before bubbling off. I can't wait for 5.4 changes to GC to go out there and just spam AS at all the things. Too bad I'll probably get impatient and go grind out the rest of my bones before then
    Tried it with 1+5 and still got 100% uptime on ShoR with DP and lots of AS procs.

    Gotta try the 3/4 later when I get some time 2/5 is too easy :O
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-07-25 at 06:28 AM.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  11. #3351
    Spark of Zandalar finally dropped after 8 normal and 11 heroic Horridon kills... Plus many bonus rolls

    Now all I need is for Ji'kun to cough up his trinket... Any of you guys have horrible trinket luck too?

  12. #3352
    We've had our first Spark drop yesterday - luckily everyone who needs it already got it from bonus rolls ages ago.
    Haven't seen the Lei Shen trinket since like forever as well (think we've had 2 drops in the first few weeks).

    What's really annoying is that I haven't gotten any new items for 2 weeks now.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  13. #3353
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortane View Post
    Spark of Zandalar finally dropped after 8 normal and 11 heroic Horridon kills... Plus many bonus rolls

    Now all I need is for Ji'kun to cough up his trinket... Any of you guys have horrible trinket luck too?
    We had about 6 sparks (2 normal, 1 tf, 2 hc and 1 hc tf, which I got) and 4 feathers (2 normal, 2 hc, zero tf) if I remember everything right.
    That's 25man, Horridon: 10 normal + 11 heroic kills, Ji-Kun: 8 normal + 13 heroic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    What's really annoying is that I haven't gotten any new items for 2 weeks now.
    I had 5 weeks with no drops while running 25man. Tell me about bad RNG.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 14/14H.

  14. #3354
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    We've had our first Spark drop yesterday - luckily everyone who needs it already got it from bonus rolls ages ago.
    Haven't seen the Lei Shen trinket since like forever as well (think we've had 2 drops in the first few weeks).
    I got mine ages ago, but wasted probably 8 coins trying to get it. Now, I just coin roll that boss to try and get the mount or TF legs/bracers/spark, and I get Spark (non-TF) every week

    What I'm NOT lucky on is shit that I actually need. Still rocking HC JinRohk chest, even though I'm over hit cap. I've coin'd Animus every week, and our raid has NEVER EVER EVER seen a conq chest. Ever. But every vanq toon has 3-4 chests.

    What's really annoying is that I haven't gotten any new items for 2 weeks now.
    I know that feel. 4 weeks with nothing of any use dropped/coined. Well, sorta...I got the Crit/Mastery belt off RaDen this week. Given that I can use his ring, boots, and even chest, I was so excited to see loot pop up....only to become a sad. Still sitting on 3-4 522+8 pieces and that stupid chest.

    At least SoO loot is amazingly itemized. ETA on 5.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  15. #3355
    So last night we got down Megaera(got ranked #3 with stamina flask, yay!) and Durumu after only 3 wipes.
    Then we had about 30 mins tries on Primordius and it wasn't that great, dps seemed extremely slow. So, any insight on this fight?

    One's man terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

  16. #3356
    All DPS kill puddles until the 2nd big ooze spawns. DPS then helps tank finish off the 2nd ooze, gets transformed, pop lust.

    Tanks swap every 2 oozes. Get stacks/transformed while you're killing the horrors if you can. if you have a good cleave DPS (like Ele or Destro), they can/should be cleaving off of the big add onto the little slimes to keep a steady supply of puddles for everyone. Rest of DPS just tunnel boss.

    Repeat until dead.

    FWIW, we were 9/13 HC and couldn't get Primo for a long time because we were literally thinking/trying TOO hard to overthink the fight. Once we just went mongo on it, he fell over in like 2 pulls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  17. #3357
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortane View Post
    Spark of Zandalar finally dropped after 8 normal and 11 heroic Horridon kills... Plus many bonus rolls

    Now all I need is for Ji'kun to cough up his trinket... Any of you guys have horrible trinket luck too?
    Pretty unlucky raid here. I finally got my Feather (Heroic) last night, which was my first from any difficulty level. Won it off a coin, though, as it has yet to drop off the boss (we get that shitty tanking trinket every week, dual drops last week). Spark's yet to drop Heroic.

    Personally I've been extremely lucky this tier. I have to keep capping valor to keep up with my upgrades for Prot (I stopped worrying about upgrading Ret, the set's so far behind at this point). Only saying this because when the inevitable downswing happens, like next tier, I won't bitch too much.

  18. #3358
    How is your Ret set so far behind your Prot one? I think I change like 5 items between the 2: Prot tier helm/shoulders, legs, a ring and chest. Oh, and the weapon (duh).

    I never bothered with trying to get Ret tier, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  19. #3359
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortane View Post
    Spark of Zandalar finally dropped after 8 normal and 11 heroic Horridon kills... Plus many bonus rolls

    Now all I need is for Ji'kun to cough up his trinket... Any of you guys have horrible trinket luck too?
    guess i was lucky and got normal spark on first norm kill, and hc version on first hc kill:P

    Feather on the other hand-.-'

  20. #3360
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    How is your Ret set so far behind your Prot one? I think I change like 5 items between the 2: Prot tier helm/shoulders, legs, a ring and chest. Oh, and the weapon (duh).

    I never bothered with trying to get Ret tier, though.
    The differences between my prot and ret sets are weapon (obviously), 1 ring, and 1 trinket...of course, I run extra high on expertise as a result (in ret), but I deal with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •