Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Well, finally got my cloak today (Yay!). Am I the only one that found the tanking challenge to be quite underwhelming? It had some potential but it was just way to easy. I really hope that training grounds will prove to be challenging at the highest levels in 5.4, WoW really lacks some role bound solo challenges.

Found the RP to be awesome though at all the celestials.

Xuen: Tell me, young prince: What is the nature of strength?
    Wrathion: The power to crush ones foes, that is strength!
    Xuen: You speak only in terms one's enemies.
    Wrathion: Certainly, strength can benefit ones allies
    Xuen: How so?
    Wrathion: ... by using it the crush their enemies!

Had me laughing
    Yeah, the tank one was incredibly easy. I've not done any others, as I've kinda gotten burned out on my DK (who is on the last bit of Secrets now), and working on my monk, who is still doing test of Valor. Ugh.

The dialogue was great: I usually gloss over it, but there were some great 1-liners lol.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Some of my friends were reporting that the proving grounds weren't that difficult if you knew how to play your class. So, for those of us who play at a high level, it will not be an issue.

I've just got to find a healer to do Endless: Healing

I really like the "You're Doing It Wrong" achiv, lol. Probably will be easy to do as a Ret/DK/WW for the tank one, or BDK/BrM for the DPS one. Protpal may struggle with the DPS requirements with low V
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Well, finally got my cloak today (Yay!). Am I the only one that found the tanking challenge to be quite underwhelming? It had some potential but it was just way to easy. I really hope that training grounds will prove to be challenging at the highest levels in 5.4, WoW really lacks some role bound solo challenges.

Found the RP to be awesome though at all the celestials.

Xuen: Tell me, young prince: What is the nature of strength?
    Wrathion: The power to crush ones foes, that is strength!
    Xuen: You speak only in terms one's enemies.
    Wrathion: Certainly, strength can benefit ones allies
    Xuen: How so?
    Wrathion: ... by using it the crush their enemies!

Had me laughing
    Grats Firefly. My pally needed 3 runestones this week. As I'm sure you would guess, the game decided to troll me and only give me 2 (1 of which of course is guaranteed from Lei Shen)...so, I have to wait another week before I get my cloak

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Some of my friends were reporting that the proving grounds weren't that difficult if you knew how to play your class. So, for those of us who play at a high level, it will not be an issue.
    Well, iirc GC said that the proving grounds were undertuned on the PTR, so hopefully they get tuned up for live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Grats Firefly. My pally needed 3 runestones this week. As I'm sure you would guess, the game decided to troll me and only give me 2 (1 of which of course is guaranteed from Lei Shen)...so, I have to wait another week before I get my cloak
    I needed 4 last week and got 3 :/ Thankfully it was the day before the reset. But had to do Lei-Shen LFR twice this week... NEVER MORE LFR ON PALA!

Atleast until 5.4
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Well, iirc GC said that the proving grounds were undertuned on the PTR, so hopefully they get tuned up for live.

- - - Updated - - -

I needed 4 last week and got 3 :/ Thankfully it was the day before the reset. But had to do Lei-Shen LFR twice this week... NEVER MORE LFR ON PALA!

Atleast until 5.4
    I doubt that proving grounds are going to be too difficult, otherwise too many ppl will QQ about it (i can't get into raids because i can't get bronse etc)

And grrr lfr, i think i had to do it for ~2 month after getting cloak just so i can get the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I doubt that proving grounds are going to be too difficult, otherwise too many ppl will QQ about it (i can't get into raids because i can't get bronse etc)

And grrr lfr, i think i had to do it for ~2 month after getting cloak just so i can get the ring.
    Well like, bronze should not be hard. But endless should be, they dont have to make all hard or all easy, there is a middle ground where some is easy and some is hard.

What is the point of having, bronze silver and gold if there is almost no difference between them.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Sacred Shield and all L90 talents now scaling with haste on the PTR. Didn't realize it was my birthday.

Sacred Shield always did I believe.

Lvl 90s scale as they CD lowers?

One's man terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by zloitima View Post
    Sacred Shield always did I believe.

Lvl 90s scale as they CD lowers?
    I believe he means the GCD scales with haste now, which is FUCKING AWESOME.

Previously, even at 50% haste, SS, ES, and LH GCDs were hard-coded to 1.5 sec (not 1.0), giving a very wonky rotation interruption and a large penalty when trying to refresh SS ideally (like during HC DA when tanking 3+ golems).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I am so glad that the people on the Paladin forums are not the same peoples as in Raids and Dungeons. I am an inch away from intentionally grabbing infraction there now, since it would honestly be worth it.

So our Prot paladin is using a 502 Intellect shield over a Malovent PVP shield with Strength. Should he go with the lower Ilvl shield or the Int shield? Reasoning behind asking is he defended his actions saying the Intellect shield gave more stam and armor.

A 2/2 Malevolent Gladiator's Shield Wall has 1040 Stamina and 17,810 armor. A 502 Tortos shield has 1081 stamina and 18,040 armor. So yeah, he's right because it has a higher ilvl. The int shield also gives him haste over a mediocre amount of mastery+crit from the pvp shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooting View Post
    So our Prot paladin is using a 502 Intellect shield over a Malovent PVP shield with Strength. Should he go with the lower Ilvl shield or the Int shield? Reasoning behind asking is he defended his actions saying the Intellect shield gave more stam and armor.
    Int shield. More stam, more armor, more haste, no brainer

Item - Paladin T16 Protection 2P Bonus While Guardian of Ancient Kings is active, 200% While Divine Protection is active, 75% of the damage taken is converted into a heal over time that activates when Guardian of Ancient Kings fades. Divine Protection fades.

This makes it considerably better than before. Would probably still take the 4p T15 bonus over this though.

So we finally got around to doing Primordius tonight in semi-earnest (8/13 25 H) and I don't know what it is but I don't see to have a chance to get transformed. By the time my 2nd Horror is down, the third is about to spawn in like 2.8 seconds and I have to sprint to the boss asap. I try to look for pools while I'm tanking the adds but they're all being gobbled up by DPS. And really there aren't many to take to be frank.

What do y'all do on this fight as a raid and as prot? Damage also seems pretty damn ridiculous..
    Last edited by trystero; 2013-08-02 at 04:13 AM.

Yeah getting transformed can be a bastard when you have your co tanks gibbering at you to stop faffing around and take the boss from them .

The raid should help you get transformed before you pick up the boss but you'll have to convince them that it is worth it (it is with tank dps being generally higher then a dps's).

I tank the boss second in our 25m and start hunting for buffs as I pick up the first big ooze, hope to have one or two by the time the second big ooze is out and desparately scrabble about trying to find the remaining before the raid gets too snarky at me. Good luck . (oh and yay ring dropped for me last night too!)

P.S. using 3 tanks (the third solely to safely pick up errant big oozes as they spawn to pass to the other tank is win)
    Last edited by rawhammer; 2013-08-02 at 07:42 AM.
    Keeping it url since 1864.

I have a question towards T15 2 piece set and Divine Purpose. Do i use word of glory every time i have 1 stack of holy power to have 40% chance of block and the chance of a divine purpose proc?

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    I have a question towards T15 2 piece set and Divine Purpose. Do i use word of glory every time i have 1 stack of holy power to have 40% chance of block and the chance of a divine purpose proc?
    No. T15 2pc isn't something you should seek to always have up. It's nice, but not THAT nice. Think of it more as an extra bonus for casting WoG.

It CAN be good on certain fights, like with lots of adds. But it's by no means necessary.

As for casting 1HP WoG, I wouldn't. Divine Purpose proc chance scales with the amount of HP you spend. If you spend 3HP, it has a 25% proc chance. If you spend 1HP, it only has ~8% chance to proc. It's not worth fishing for DP procs by casting a 1HP WoG.

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    As Kortane said - nope. It merely reduces the penalty for using WoG. There are occasionally fights where you may want to use it tactically at very certain times but the damage reduction from SHOTR is guaranteed, the damage reduction from the block isn't and you may take absolutely no less damage than you would if you hadn't cast anything at all.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

Judgment being 12% base mana concerns me. What did they end up with on our mana gain? 15%/2 sec?

Judgment being 12% base mana concerns me. What did they end up with on our mana gain? 15%/2 sec?
    That change was only for Holy specced characters.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!