Keg Smash was the big problem, which is why it's getting an 18% damage nerf come 5.4. It should put monks in line with where they should be TPS wise. The aoe situation is going to get nerfed again from the vengeance scaling and the KS nerf as well. Which, might not do much since they're changing how Rushing Jade Wind works, which makes you do the aoe damage/threat while continuing your normal rotation to keep up EB procs. So it will just make monks the better aoe tank still.

Haha, I am beginning to regret using the heroic tortos intellect shield. Cant even go around the world doing dailies without getting this whisper.

[21:27:16] [W From] [<instert name>]: YOU KNOW YOU SHEALD ARE HEALING
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Blue post about veng diminishing returns:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9573038382#12
    The basic, concise explanation is as follows: The Nth strongest (based on pre-mitigation average auto attack DPS) mob that has hit you in the last 5 seconds grants 1/Nth of full vengeance with their attacks. N is recalculated on every hit taken.

So here’s an example. Say you’re tanking 3 mobs – we’ll say it’s a boss and two adds. The boss has pre-mitigation average auto attack DPS of 1500k, one add does 400k, and the other add does 300k. The game will form a list of those mobs from 1-3, like so:
    1. Boss: 1500k DPS, 1/1 (100%) of normal vengeance is granted
    2. First add: 400k DPS, 1/2 (50%) of normal vengeance is granted
    3. Second add: 300k DPS, 1/3 (33.333%, repeating of course) of normal vengeance is granted
    This is worse than what I excepted. >.>

Whoa, that's a massive aoe vengeance nerf. It will bring tank aoe dps down from ridiculousness, for sure. I wonder how well paladins will be able to hold aoe threat though, as HoTR and consecrate hardly hit for anything without vengeance. I already find it basically impossible to outthreat my druid cotank on aoe, even though I easily outthreat him single target.

For reference, it looks like they're saying the first mob gives you 100%, the second is 50%, the 3rd is 33%, etc. Instead of 100% 100% 100%. So with 3 you'd have 183% instead of 300%, which is a pretty big nerf. They clearly don't want us to tank large number of packs solo anymore.

Important to note that this presumes all mobs is doing the same amount of damage. Pulling mobs that doesnt really deal high damage for additional GC procs is still extremely effective.

This seems to have the biggest impact on places where you have 2 bosses, like megaera heads, will of the emperor etc to give a solo tank less vengeance, or for fights where you have extremely hard hitting adds like DA and Twins HC to not encourage you to keep mobs alive to give you more vengeance.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    has anyone noticed yet, that the protection Tier helm from T16 has Parry/Haste ?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=99128
    Sweet. I also didn't notice that the 2-set (aka former 4-set) had been changed. Maybe it will be worth getting 4 tier pieces next patch?
    Last edited by FpicEail; 2013-08-06 at 09:16 PM.

I'm mostly annoyed about how this will slow down 5mans (challenge modes) and solo questing.

Buff HotR now, please.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Buff HotR now, please.
    Crusader strike as well while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Crusader strike as well while you're at it.
    While we are daydreaming, make consecration tick speed scale with haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    On the topic of consecration, would be nice if it didn't require a path when glyphed. Death and decay gets away with it but we're stopped by small inclines and rocks =(

If anything on these patch notes even remotely looks like a Prot buff the forums would explode .

They even removed the "grants a charge of Holy Power" from the Selfless Healer just so people wouldn't think it's a buff of some kind!

Imagine if they buffed crusader strike to benefit a lot more from weapon damage - we might actually start caring about the weapon we're using <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Imagine if they buffed crusader strike to benefit a lot more from weapon damage - we might actually start caring about the weapon we're using <.<
    Since attack power gives weapon damage, I would say they would have to make a lot more of our spells scale with weapon damage for us to actually start caring about it a lot.

Vengeance now grants 1.5% of the unmitigated damage taken as attack power, down from 2%.

It was fun topping meters sometimes. Curse you, DPSers, for crying so much.

One's man terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by zloitima View Post
    Vengeance now grants 1.5% of the unmitigated damage taken as attack power, down from 2%
    It is 1.8% not 2.0% on live atm(the tooltip is wrong..)
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 14/14 heroic recruting for WoD and Mystic
    www.avalerion.eu

Quote Originally Posted by zloitima View Post
    Vengeance now grants 1.5% of the unmitigated damage taken as attack power, down from 2%.

It was fun topping meters sometimes. Curse you, DPSers, for crying so much.
    It was only 1.8% before, which rounded up to 2.0. 17% nerf isntead of 25%.

The much bigger issue is going to be the 1/n style of V calculations, I fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

The 1/n calculations on vengeance seems kinda retarded.

Something I think would work better is something like, say you have X amount of mobs, and you put them on a list as they did with the 1/n style, make the n'th mob give (x-n+1)/x vengeance.

Say you got 5 mobs, that means that the mobs would give you

(5-1+1)/5 = 100%
    (5-2+1)/5 = 80%
    (5-3+1)/5 = 60%
    (5-4+1)/5 = 40%
    (5-5+1)/5 = 20%

That would make a far smoother DR on the vengeance and cause the mobs other than the highest damage dealer to give you on average 50% vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    On the topic of consecration, would be nice if it didn't require a path when glyphed. Death and decay gets away with it but we're stopped by small inclines and rocks =(
    I just wish the glyph let us cast Consecration on an enemy target so it is centred around them instead of us. That way it can be used at range without the ridiculousness of a targeting reticule every time we cast it.