Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    Hey guys! I've been wondering something, are the Heroic Thunderforged crit/haste gloves better than a normal pair of primo gloves? i'd guess they are but i want a second opinion. seeing as i ended up getting them last night ( We didin't have any melee, it went straight to me ^.^ ).

Thanks!
    Normal as in 522? Umm....duh? If it's 535 vs 541, it's a bit less clear cut.

As it is now, I'm using 549 Primo gloves, but reforged out of hit and STILL over hit cap. Unless you NEED the hit, use Rein Binder's and reforge as needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Ewww, I hate Crit Haste after having that stupid helm from MSV up until now!

Never again!
    Umm...Why? Most of our BIS pieces are Crit/Haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Umm...Why? Most of our BIS pieces are Crit/Haste.
    I'm quite curious as to what pieces are BiS of ours that are Crit/Haste, can I have a link?

Unless you're going for 2/4pc, our BIS items with Crit/Haste would be:
    Tortos Shoulders
    Animus Helm
    IQ Gloves (pending your hit situation)

RaDen boots are on the list as well, which have Crit.
    Some rings are up for debate, but you're likely to keep the VP ring until well into HC progression (since only Primo and RaDen have >522 rings with haste).

Crit is NOT bad. It's not the devil, and any Prot worth their salt would recommend you pick up a Haste/Crit item over anything with avoidance on it. We're already (usually) swimming in Hit, too, so even Hit/Mastery pieces are kind of a waste. We have more than enough mastery innately to survive anything, so while Mastery is a great stat, it's not one that we need to stack.

So, since Mastery is a bit redundant, and avoidance is a bit...well, shit... that leaves Crit as the main option for this tier.

In 5.4 we can look into bumping up avoidance once haste/hit/exp capped to help fish for more GC procs, as I suspect many (esp 25) raiders will do. 10 will still be a personal choice about crit, as it will always be the best throughput stat for us behind haste.
    Last edited by Nairobi; 2013-08-08 at 03:10 PM.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Depending on what you're looking for... 608 Cloak and Ra-den chest are both very attractive items that have crit on them.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Depending on what you're looking for... 608 Cloak and Ra-den chest are both very attractive items that have crit on them.
    Also that.

RaDen (and DA) once again juked my coin. Still no Conq EVER from DA, and still not one piece of plate, EVER from RaDen in our raid. Ugh...
    20k and counting...

Should join a 25m and get all kinds of loot :P

But then I'd have to raid the "hard" format (CWUTIDIDTHAR)

We used to be 25, but then our GM quit and our "core" took it upon ourselves to make the hard cuts that he didn't want to.

Sadly, our roster just lost 2 of our best ranged, so we're sitting at 8-9 ppl now... No bueno going into a new tier Need to figure something out.

WTB 13/13 25m that needs like...9 good players. Or 8 good players and a wiseass Prot Pal.
    20k and counting...

Nairobi, I'd offer you my mage for that last spot, but a) you're alliance , b) while my mage hurts his back when I take him to raid (normal or LFR), he'd be (effectively) dead weight at only 528 ilvl I mean, I do well for my gear, but I can't stand up against what, average 540? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I think we're like 548 average now, with me bringing up the rear at 545 (see previous gripes about loot luck). And 528 isn't bad for an alt; I think my DK is like 525 but I haven't touched him in a few months.

Recruiting has been a nightmare this expansion, hoping we can get some potential candidates, but we've only had ONE good pick up all of MoP, back in t14 when we were still 25. Granted, he's REALLY good, but we make that poor guy play Ret, Holy AND Prot lol.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    I feel your pain when it comes to recruiting...

We're on the only portuguese realm in EU, we're on the lowest pop side (Alliance) and due to people going off on vacations and shit we just lost our 1st spot within the faction and we're kinda stuck on 11/13HC... We've got the Lei Shen fight figured out but we just don't have enough DPS with all the people we lost (and replacements aren't up to the standard unfortunately).

Grats on your mount btw Nairobi.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I feel your pain when it comes to recruiting...

We're on the only portuguese realm in EU, we're on the lowest pop side (Alliance) and due to people going off on vacations and shit we just lost our 1st spot within the faction and we're kinda stuck on 11/13HC... We've got the Lei Shen fight figured out but we just don't have enough DPS with all the people we lost (and replacements aren't up to the standard unfortunately).
    Yep, with the sad state of some realms, it's really tough. Having been on SS so long, I kinda forgot how a "real" realm feels like. I hop in OQ groups on live servers and it's like I get agoraphobia lol.

Maybe this "server merge" will make things a bit easier on recuitment, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Grats on your mount btw Nairobi.
    Thanks! I've been working towards 200 (in the 190s now), but I'm too cheap to buy the faction ones like the Scorp, Dino, and serpents. Esp since I think I can get 200 with just the raid and PVP mounts in 5.4!
    20k and counting...

528 isn't bad for an alt, especially one that's only killed half (the first 4 + the last 2) bosses, for a total of 13 kills in ToT normal Of course, my pally's only 531 ilvl (after getting the cloak this week...yes, my mage had the cloak before my pally), and only 8/12 so far...we're working on DA, and probably would've had him on Sunday if we had more than an hour (and a lot of downtime/prep) to raid then...ah well, I expect that my raid will be at 11/12 by the end of the raid week (unless people royally fuck up).

I too feel your recruitment pain; I play on Kirin Tor, which has always been at best a medium server, and the population of horde raiders already all have homes in guilds (and that population has fallen since the end of WotLK, with a slight rise at the start of Mists).
    Last edited by rhandric; 2013-08-08 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Yep, that extra step of the reticule really pisses me off. To the point that I haven't used it since entry heroic 5mans.

The extra step of the reticule on LH AND the 1.5 sec GCD makes me REALLY angry too. Theck posted about it on his blog, which seems to garner some Blue attention, so maybe they'll follow through with the reversion of the non-hasted GCD on SS and LH. Someone mentioend that it was fixed on PTR, but not seen it cofirmed and I keep forgetting to check.
    I tried out the Consecration glyph a while back, but never again. I couldn't even imagine the frustration I would get using it now with >20k haste. With that much haste my rotation just flows along, and even having to stop and use LH is a pain, as is refreshing SS!

Deleted
    Also that.

RaDen (and DA) once again juked my coin. Still no Conq EVER from DA, and still not one piece of plate, EVER from RaDen in our raid. Ugh...
    If it makes you feel any better I've gone from 512 > 545,63 in the past 5 weeks =)
    Last edited by mmoc1c984c02b2; 2013-08-09 at 10:06 AM.

Again, one real easy "upgrade" to conc glyph is a autohotkey macro that you bind to the same button as your conc (say "n")
    And the bind does something like
    sleep 250
    send left mouse click

Which allows you to drop conc in the "mouseover" style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    does it make you feel any better that in the past ~5 weeks I went from 512 > 545,63 in my prot gear? :P
    Bitches be trippin! Watch out or he will eat you alive :-)
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-08-09 at 07:14 AM.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Unless you're going for 2/4pc, our BIS items with Crit/Haste would be:
    Tortos Shoulders
    Animus Helm
    IQ Gloves (pending your hit situation)
    Wouldnt prot shoulder tier be a better piece, not taking account of a TF item? Mind the extra gem. If not overcapping hit, ofc.

Take normal (522) pieces as a example:

Tortos:
    504 crit
    336 reforged stat (if needed)
    866 haste

vs

Tier:
    416 Hit
    692 Mastery
    916 haste

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Wouldnt prot shoulder tier be a better piece, not taking account of a TF item? Mind the extra gem. If not overcapping hit, ofc.
    He is talking about BIS. And BIS always translates to thunderforged heroic.

Tortos just gives more DPS (even on an even level - like 522->522). Tortos is better itemized. It also has more Strength on it. While Tier gives you more haste on 522 9 times out of 10 the Hit you get is wasted or not needed. And mastery is not the go to stat in 10man. Most progression tanks will take crit over mastery if they can get away with it, since surviving is not an issue in 10man. Bottomline is, Tortos just gives you more punsh for your money.

And if you compare HCTF with HC then they outshine Tier in every aspect, even haste. So it's a no-brainer there.

Its most certainly different in 25man or 10man normal. The Tier Shoulders are perfectly fine and good even if you don't go for the 2p/4p. But BiS gear is BiS gear and it aims at progression and the currect meta game.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night i did checking on Tortos HC shoulders vs Tier, Tortos ones (not thunderforged) comes out on top haste wise with more then Prot tier ones both 2/2 upgraded.
    Tortos: 1053 haste
    Prot Tier: 983 haste

Also have anyone considered Crafted helm? only helm i can find with more haste is HC TF Animus helm and in 10 man Thunderforged is less then likely. considering both 2/2 upgraded of course
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos