More haste should actually increase Cons uptime since you'll have more uptime compared to cd/gcd on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    More haste should actually increase Cons uptime since you'll have more uptime compared to cd/gcd on it.
    Yep, I've seen MORE clipping with high haste, since the "totem" still lasts for 9 sec, but we've got more filler openings to slot it in (that's what she said).

Nillo - you've been a bit quiet on plans next tier. t15 4p, t16 4p, or high-haste off pieces? SS or EF? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually looked at how often I used Cons last night. Either you really clip it quite early or you can't use it for a longer peroid of time. The moments where I could refresh it as soon as it dropped, without pushing my rotation back, where slim to none. Most of the time I either clipped it or had no Cons up for 3-4 seconds or longer depending on GC procs.

So I guess one thing they could do without increasing our single target damage too much, is making it tick faster in a shorter duration the more haste you have (including its cooldown). So that the overall damage stays the same, but we could in theory up our damage (or have more aoe damage) by recasting cons faster without clipping it. Dunno if that makes sense what I mean.

On Single target it would only increase our damage slightly for those phases where we have no other spell to use and would otherwise clip it. And on AoE it would increase our snap aggro abit (as in, you're doing the damage you would have done in 3 seconds instead of 6) and our constant AoE damage aswell by recasting it as soon as it drops.
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-08-21 at 01:12 PM.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Not entirely related to the cons discussion, but:

Patch 5.4 now to release on 10Sep (11Sep EU).

Woohoo! We have time to find recruits! We've been carrying folks through 13/13 last few weeks trying to find a good match, and still not much luck
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post

Woohoo! We have time to find recruits! We've been carrying folks through 13/13 last few weeks trying to find a good match, and still not much luck
    WHAT? not that i dont trust you but i cant seem to find this myself any links?
    Makes me sad.. was hoping to get a new tier : /
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

Deleted
    Please don't tell me we have to wait another 2 weeks for 5.4 ? :/

Source for that date? I haven't seen/heard anything about that date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamescom Interview from a German Site (Gamona.de) with Chilton.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Nothing in Blue yet, but it's announced from where Gamescon is to be held, so it's supposedly legit.

I'm not changing my plans for asking off of work or anything yet, but it seems like a distinct possibility.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    http://wow.gamona.de/2013/08/21/game...n/#more-834028
    Patch 5.4 wird in Nordamerika am 10. September veröffentlicht werden und somit startet die Schlacht um Orgrimmar bei uns am 11. September. Der Grund für die Verschiebung soll das Tuning am Flex-Mode sein.
    Really? new patch on 9/11? find that hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    A few folks have said that in the general forums as well. I guess I don't get why that would preclude a patch. It's not like we get the day off or anything.

Not trying to be insensitive, just wondering if there was some rule that I was unaware of that recommends/suggests/requires abstaining from patching etc on 11Sep.

Plus, it's 10Sep for the US release.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    I didn't think much of it myself I just read somewhere else (I think it was on here) that companies generally stay clear of releasing anything during that week because of what happened and something. I don't know tbh. I just want it sooner than that tbh.

http://wow.gamona.de/2013/08/21/game...n/#more-834028

Seeing how it's 9/11 for european patch i don't thin it should matter.

I didn't think much of it myself I just read somewhere else (I think it was on here) that companies generally stay clear of releasing anything during that week because of what happened and something. I don't know tbh. I just want it sooner than that tbh.
    From a marketing perspective, I can see why this would be the case. But it's sort of a different situation here. When you release something (ex. movie, game, CD), you have to market the release date so people know when to buy it. It can be off-putting to see "9/11" flashing on screen or in an advert considering the emotional weight that date has.

For a patch, it's just an automatic upgrade to a product that people already own. Plus, I would suspect the majority of the 7 million players don't even care when the new patch is coming out.

But OT: We just found out that we're losing our monk tank starting next week due to IRL. Glad we have a few weeks to recruit and/or gear up a new tank.
    Last edited by pld; 2013-08-21 at 03:05 PM.

Very well may be true. It's been 12 years though, and while it's certainly not forgotten in the States, it's not a holy day/holiday/etc over here either. Business as usual, for most people that weren't directly affected.

I'd prefer to see it on the 3rd/4th, TBH. Next week/weekend is a US holiday weekend, which sucks for a lot of guilds since folks will be going on holiday. 2 MORE weeks is a bit excessive though, so in between would be preferable (for me).
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Very well may be true. It's been 12 years though, and while it's certainly not forgotten in the States, it's not a holy day/holiday/etc over here either. Business as usual, for most people that weren't directly affected.

I'd prefer to see it on the 3rd/4th, TBH. Next week/weekend is a US holiday weekend, which sucks for a lot of guilds since folks will be going on holiday. 2 MORE weeks is a bit excessive though, so in between would be preferable (for me).
    Next week would be normal modes though which most guilds that it matters to can clear it in. In like a day or so

Next week would be normal modes though which most guilds that it matters to can clear it in. In like a day or so
    14 bosses in a day?

I suppose that "for the gulds that matter" that's easy enough, given that they have the day/week off of work or school.

But we're a semi-hardcore/top200 guild and only raid evenings 3-4 nights/wk. We'd be hard pressed to learn and clear 14 new bosses/trash with people out of town, taking our raid week down to ~8-9 hours. I mean, that's ~2 bosses per hour with trash. And we're not exactly slouches. Even on a 4 hour a night, 4 day schedule, that's still 16 hours, or roughly 1 hour to learn and kill a new boss.

Also worrying me is the fact that we lost 2 main raiders, but that's not really related to the patch release date, rather the concerns of a full clear on week 1
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    I don't know how difficult normal modes are this time around as I havn't tested either of them. But with avg 545+ gear I can't imagine a whole lot of them being difficult

14 bosses in a day?

I suppose that "for the gulds that matter" that's easy enough, given that they have the day/week off of work or school.

But we're a semi-hardcore/top200 guild and only raid evenings 3-4 nights/wk. We'd be hard pressed to learn and clear 14 new bosses/trash with people out of town, taking our raid week down to ~8-9 hours. I mean, that's ~2 bosses per hour with trash. And we're not exactly slouches. Even on a 4 hour a night, 4 day schedule, that's still 16 hours, or roughly 1 hour to learn and kill a new boss.

Also worrying me is the fact that we lost 2 main raiders, but that's not really related to the patch release date, rather the concerns of a full clear on week 1
    Well you have till the 10th, confirmed, to find some new raiders, GET TO IT! haha

Edit: For those who want a source. https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/...289344/photo/1