I got a question about glyphs for 5.4

Atm on most fight I use this setup:
    Battle healer
    Alabaster Shield
    Divine protection

But with Battle healer being nurfed and Alabaster shield as well I am wondering if anyone have done any math on what glyphs are actually the best dps increase in a single target fight, including glyph of word of glory(with 4p t16).

Also if any moderator of maintankadin read this, please pm me because I cant register(I dont get an email)
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    I got a question about glyphs for 5.4

Atm on most fight I use this setup:
    Battle healer
    Alabaster Shield
    Divine protection

But with Battle healer being nurfed and Alabaster shield as well I am wondering if anyone have done any math on what glyphs are actually the best dps increase in a single target fight, including glyph of word of glory(with 4p t16).

Also if any moderator of maintankadin read this, please pm me because I cant register(I dont get an email)
    Divine protection is for the most part a bad choice. the max dps glyphs are focused shield and final wrath. FS assuming single target ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Divine protection is for the most part a bad choice. the max dps glyphs are focused shield and final wrath. FS assuming single target ofc.
    Well divine protection is a glyph is switch around atm depending on fight.

So alabaster is not worth using anymore?
    What third glyph would be best for dmg?
    Did you sim out those two to be best or just guessed?
    How do word of glory fit in with te new set bonus ect?
    www.avalerion.euo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    Well divine protection is a glyph is switch around atm depending on fight.

So alabaster is not worth using anymore?
    What third glyph would be best for dmg?
    Did you sim out those two to be best or just guessed?
    How do word of glory fit in with te new set bonus ect?
    a) I don't have the link but the theorycrafting has been done on it. Alabaster would probably be #3 unless for some obscure reason DP would actually be worth using.

b) Alabaster baseline I guess

c) see A

d) Harsh words doesn't work with it (was broken was a 20%+ dmg increase and as much as a +30% uptime on sotr). Some people are considering going for EF when they get 4p fishing for DP procs. Some also consider using the + 9% (I think) dmg on wog heal glyph. Depends on the fight mostly.

e) The reason DP isn't v ery useful is that you don't need the physical reduction. You have armor and then after that shield of the righteous which is already -~40% physical dmg. Dp is better as a magic soaker than another physical reduction which we already cover excellently. The only fight I can think of using glyphed DP would be horridon during progress in the first few weeks really. possibly Ji-kun but that's a so-so.

Deleted
    He's talking about glyph usage for 5.4 bosses ^^
    But hell, DP might be useful on physical heavy fights if you struggle surviving physical damage and such. using it or not is something anyone should find out by oneself and given bosses abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    He's talking about glyph usage for 5.4 bosses ^^
    But hell, DP might be useful on physical heavy fights if you struggle surviving physical damage and such. using it or not is something anyone should find out by oneself and given bosses abilities.
    Yes. And I was giving an example from this tier because you can relate to that.

to Clarify: Generally speaking you have enough physical reduction through our other abilities. So having a 40% magic reduction is much better. But it's fight-to-fight so of course if there's a physical only fight or a fight with no big magic nukes it might be worthwhile to glyph DP.
    Last edited by mmoc1c984c02b2; 2013-08-27 at 11:58 AM.

Yes. And I was giving an example from this tier because you can relate to that.

to Clarify: Generally speaking you have enough physical reduction through our other abilities. So having a 40% magic reduction is much better. But it's fight-to-fight so of course if there's a physical only fight or a fight with no big magic nukes it might be worthwhile to glyph DP.
    Thanks for the answears

I know Harsh words dont work anymore, I was more wondering about glyph of word of glory and how it fits in if you use eternal flame(theck did some sim and eternal flame does look really good for t16 even without 4p). But lets not get into another sacred shield vs eternal flame discussion... I am however more interested in if this glyph would be worth it if you spam free eternal flame with the proc to get the dmg increase.
    www.avalerion.euo

Glyph of WOG has a ~35% uptime with 4t16 and DP fishing with EFs. So, think of that as ~3.3% damage increase overall.

If you're looking for max, ST DPS, you'll want FS, FW, WOG (with t16 only, ofc).
    If you're looking for max, MT DPS, you'll want FW, WOG, Alab.

I use DivProt on quite a few fights for progression, and there are certainly cases for it in t16 as well (Nazgrim, Thok, and maybe Galakras of the top of my head). With the Vial and UbS, it's a ~25sec CD, so that's 40% uptime on 20% ALL damage reduction; not trivial.

Other niche stuff would be HolyWrath (use it on HC LS currently), if anything has elemental adds...maybe Immerseus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Immerseus I would go with slow glyphs (AS) rather than the stun glyph I guess. Or on top of it. I had couple of situations where I needed the ranged slow way more than the "melee" stun from wrath on PTR.

Galakras I would probably stick with unglyphed DP as there is SO FUCKING HUGE magic damage happening all the time and - maybe its just me - I couldn't avoid even half of it due to shitty models, melees clumping etc. Physical damage shouldn't be too bad if you aren't the one tanking the towers.

Thok however seriously hurts. So glyphing DivProt is probably the best you can do here.

--

I seriously need to make a WA for that 4pt16 though - I tested it on the PTR while tanking and it seriously bothers me. I just can't seem to remember using it. Force of habit I guess.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

I couldn't avoid even half of it due to shitty models, melees clumping etc.
    Not to mention the melees being blind to anything but their big yellow numbers and walking straight into the puddle you just moved the boss away from and bitching every time the boss moves

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Not to mention the melees being blind to anything but their big yellow numbers and walking straight into the puddle you just moved the boss away from and bitching every time the boss moves
    THAT! Our Galakras PTR testing was so screwed up.. Not sure how it's going to be on live, but we opted to not enter the tower while the demolisher was alive cause you couldn't do shit anyway while the stun was up every like 5 secs. We ended up focusing the General, then the demolisher and then enter the tower. End result was having like 12312 flaming puddles on the ground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    THAT! Our Galakras PTR testing was so screwed up.. Not sure how it's going to be on live, but we opted to not enter the tower while the demolisher was alive cause you couldn't do shit anyway while the stun was up every like 5 secs. We ended up focusing the General, then the demolisher and then enter the tower. End result was having like 12312 flaming puddles on the ground.
    Isn't that intended? you can't enter tower until you've killed the demo, what other purpose would that thing have anyways. it's even in the emotes. "why would they destroy their own tower etc"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that intended? you can't enter tower until you've killed the demo, what other purpose would that thing have anyways. it's even in the emotes. "why would they destroy their own tower etc"?
    Might aswell be intended, yes - we entered the tower before killing the demolisher in a few of our earlier tries and it was okish. Just seems weird to open the tower, then spawn a general, then spawn a demolisher and only then you should enter the tower. I'm like: ok tower is open boys, lets go!

Deleted
    That's how we did it at least. seemed to work fine. The only issue we really had was the tower bosses hitting me for 300k through full cds & sitr (in flex)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's how we did it at least. seemed to work fine. The only issue we really had was the tower bosses hitting me for 300k through full cds & sitr (in flex)
    Yeah same here. I went in the 2nd tower for the first time ever (without a cd) and got globaled. Literally globaled lol. Our Warrior did every tower after that with Shieldwall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Yeah same here. I went in the 2nd tower for the first time ever (without a cd) and got globaled. Literally globaled lol. Our Warrior did every tower after that with Shieldwall.
    I had guardian, AD, DP & Sotr up still got hammered completely. even with others in the room.

10+ Year Old Account
    This may be a silly question this late in tier but what u guys think Normal durumu legs vs heroic TF horridon legs
    Considering Normal Durumu legs got more haste then heroic TF horridon legs im just wondering if its worth the trade.
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhag View Post
    This may be a silly question this late in tier but what u guys think Normal durumu legs vs heroic TF horridon legs
    Considering Normal Durumu legs got more haste then heroic TF horridon legs im just wondering if its worth the trade.
    I went with hc tf horridon over my normal durumu leggs (both non upgraded) because I could stay expertise capped without losing any haste but the ones from the leggs.

I likewise replaced my normal durumu legs with h tf horridon legs (just a few days ago actually). The haste loss is pretty low, I already have plenty of expertise, and the strength/stamina/armor makes it worth it in my eyes. I got heroic expertise/parry gloves from jikun (drop, not bonus roll obviously) and they are just sitting in my bags though, I don't want to replace my normal primo gloves with those horrible things. Please H primo, drop my gloves.

Deleted
    I had this thought yesterday before going to sleep, but is t16 2-set bonus really good or am I totally wrong? Some napkin math:

- 2 pieces: While Divine Protection is active, 75% of the damage taken is converted into a heal over time that activates when Divine Protection fades.
    - Unbreakable Spirit: Reduces the cooldown of your Divine Shield, Divine Protection and Lay on Hands by 50%.
    - Vial of Living Corruption: Equip: Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 25%. Effective for tank roles only. (HC WF)

This would mean that DP would have about 22.5sec CD and it has 10sec duration. This would mean that every there would be only 2.5sec window with both DP and it's HoT down before new DP. Reading from yesterday's logs, I took about 100k dps while tanking HC Durumu ->

10sec * 100k dps = 1m dmg
    0.75 * 1m dmg = 750k dmg -> 75k hps hot

Is there something I'm missing or is this totally OP?