This may be a stupid place to ask but I was wondering if anyone knew of tank-specific videos that show how to tank t14/t15 raid bosses. I've done all the fights as multiple range dps characters but want to get my paladin into LFR and wouldn't know where to begin with tank stuff..
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    This may be a stupid place to ask but I was wondering if anyone knew of tank-specific videos that show how to tank t14/t15 raid bosses. I've done all the fights as multiple range dps characters but want to get my paladin into LFR and wouldn't know where to begin with tank stuff..
    LFRs are quite easy. Just grab DBM or BigWigs and you should be good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    snipped
    You have LFR experience on your ranged chars. That's pretty much all you need in terms of information. You know how the fights play out in LFR. Just install Bigwigs / DBM and watch for the "Tank Timers". You can browse through the dungeon journal and look for the entries with a "Shield" symbol next to them. Those are tank specific things to watch out for.

Best thing you can do is, ask your co-tank if he is experienced. If he is, just let him do everything. 1 Tank doing shit is usually enough in LFR if he has gear / xp. Like Leishen - you dont need a second tank at all on LFR. Same goes for Iron Qon, Twin Consorts, Animus, Primordius and so on. If he doesn't have gear/xp, just work with him on who is doing what.

Communication with your co-tank is key here if you have no clue when to move a boss etc.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

What is minimum ilvl for zerging dark animus hc (10)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    What is minimum ilvl for zerging dark animus hc (10)?
    More than your paladin if that's what you're asking. Generally 4p t15 for prot is very good to have. But aren't monks really good for it too?

From my experience monks are a lot more dependent on other's cd rather then my own (or maybe I just lack skill...), but thanks for the anwer

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but i couldn't find it. Anyways what's 5.4 looking like in terms of gearing, is haste stacking still the best or will i be just fine going with a more "traditional" tanking stats, parry and dodge. Ty

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is still the superior stat in 5.4. Once you can reach the 50% Haste GCD Cap, you should aim for mastery or crit. Depending on whether or not you need the tankyness of mastery.
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-09-03 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked and answered but i couldn't find it. Anyways what's 5.4 looking like in terms of gearing, is haste stacking still the best or will i be just fine going with a more "traditional" tanking stats, parry and dodge. Ty
    You'd still want haste. D/P isn't as 'bad' as it used to be but it's still nowhere near worth going for. The difference in 5.4 is that you'll probably be able to hit the 50% haste softcap which means you might want to start going for crit or mastery after that for more dps or mitigation.

What glyphs will be the "defacto" once 5.4 hits? (i.e. I know Battle Healer has been gutted)

Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post
    What glyphs will be the "defacto" once 5.4 hits? (i.e. I know Battle Healer has been gutted)
    I would imagine similar to now, it depends on fight.

Focused Shield is great for single target fights
    Final Wrath is a solid DPS boost
    Divine Protection is good for high physical damage (and low magic damage) fights
    Alabaster Shield will still be somewhat useful (despite the nerf)

There's also been some testing with Word of Glory for the DPS boost.

If you scroll a few pages back (196 I think), there's discussion about this.
    Last edited by pld; 2013-09-03 at 07:29 PM.

Thank you for the quick answers :-)

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    The Salyin Battle Banner can no longer be used inside of raid instances. The item can still be used in regular dungeons, Scenarios, and in non-instanced areas.

Gone with the Wind FF :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    The Salyin Battle Banner can no longer be used inside of raid instances. The item can still be used in regular dungeons, Scenarios, and in non-instanced areas.
    Personally, I never liked those gimmick items and I'm glad they are removing the usage of at least some of them in raids. I'm fine with using those in dungeons and open world, but raiding shouldn't be affected by it.

Deleted
    Well, that was not really unexpected was it Have to rework some of the solo tactics then I guess.

I mean, I'm fine with them breaking it from taking a boss nuke (Fusion Slash, TR, Fan of Flames, etc). That was pretty silly, and borderline gamebreaking.

But, I used it 99% of the time to just avoid a wipe/reset a boss to allow for a mrez or something. Much like the Dagger nerf, this is kinda just a QOL kick in the nuts.

RIP old friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post
    Was touched on earlier, BUT:

Pure DPS ST - FS, FW, Alab (FocW minor)
    Pure DPS MT - Alab, FW, X (probably DivProt if it's a lot of melee adds)

If you have t164p, I'd stronly suggest swapping in GoWOG over the weaker glyphs above, since it's quite easy to have ~35%+ uptime (or 3%+ damage overall):
    ST - FS, FW, WOG, (FocW)
    MT - Alab, FW, WOG
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I have a pally tank on my team that has switched to a mitigation build as opposed to the haste build. My question is this, what level 75 talent should he be using with the standard mitigation build? My gut says Divine Purpose since his SotR uptime is already lower than most. Not looking for massive amounts of dps, just better survivability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I have a pally tank on my team that has switched to a mitigation build as opposed to the haste build. My question is this, what level 75 talent should he be using with the standard mitigation build? My gut says Divine Purpose since his SotR uptime is already lower than most. Not looking for massive amounts of dps, just better survivability.
    What is "mitigation build"? o_O

For level 75 you don't want to use DP, if your rotation sucks. Then HA is better.

Deleted
    With all the tank swap fights we face, and with some fights have predictable periods of intense damage (typically towards the end of the fight), I think Holy Avenger is a good bet for survivability. You'll have more uptime with DP over the course of the fight, but you don't need uptime for the half of the fight you are not tanking and for those dangerous periods when you really need an extra CD, HA is there for you.

HA (or SW) may also be attractive if he switches to EF after the patch, to get the HoT flowing at the start of the fight.

You mean they are stacking mastery and stamina instead of haste?