Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JevtaSRB View Post
    Hi, quick question, i'm on 521 ilvl atm, and i've gemed and reforged almost only haste, and i'm at hit cap , and 14 % exspertise.
    Like i said my gemming and reforeing is purely based on haste, but i haven't reforged items that have 2 usefull secondary stats that aren't haste, just so i could keep myself at 14 % expertise and 20 % mastery (goes to 25 % when buffed just so i can get my sotr to reduce flat 50 %). Is my current personal build ok?
    It's "ok".
    After hit/exp cap you are free to go for haste or mastery, or a mix of them.
    I personally don't like mastery that much, but that is my preference only. (Sitting on 15% at i546.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    It's "ok".
    After hit/exp cap you are free to go for haste or mastery, or a mix of them.
    I personally don't like mastery that much, but that is my preference only. (Sitting on 15% at i546.)
    I'll keep it at 20 % during the next patch as well, never really wanted to get more of it since with BoM it gives me 50% on sotr and makes me feel safe when i pool holy power when i'm expecting snapping bite/triple puncture/harsh stare/talon rake etc to come.
    Thanks, i'll be getting more haste with item drops and reforge mastery when it get's above 20 %.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Speaking of range of abilities. WTB bigger range on keg smash.
    It used to be bigger. But yeah, having the boss move just .1 yards can really screw it up. I've really noticed it since we've been doing Lei Shen heroic the past few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I'd say that's an upper bound for a Korean.
    I wonder if there's an APM tracking program for WoW.

Haste build + Being Korean: I knew there was a reason I enjoyed prot so much.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I wonder if there's an APM tracking program for WoW.

Haste build + Being Korean: I knew there was a reason I enjoyed prot so much.
    Skada and Recount both have an "activity" log that shows APM. I've been using it to track my team's ability usage.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Mitigation build as in Mastery>Parry>=Dodge (assuming hit/exp cap). I believe there may be something off with his rotation as well but I want to ask him prior to posting any logs.
    in what reality is parry greater than OR equal to dodge?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Talking of that. Wouldnt it be awesome if Judgment got 20 yards increase range while you are in the air (a.k.a. jumping or falling)?

Haha, that would be a really weird mechanic.
    meh. I can remember judging things in another room during cataclysm. that was fun.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    in what reality is parry greater than OR equal to dodge?
    In the current one. -__- When wasn't it at least equal actually??
    Although it is still weak, so no-one cares about this.

Heya
    I recently made a prot paladin to do some soloing and I am sitting at 492 ilvl now. I however don't get as much healing/dps as I think I should be doing. When attempting warbringers I get utterly destroyed. I get 30k dps tops and 12k hps. I try to follow the rotation/advices from this guide to the max, but can't see what I am doing wrong.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Galaen/simple
    That's my char. Is it bad gemming/reforging or just bad gear or am I missing something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaen View Post
    Heya
    I recently made a prot paladin to do some soloing and I am sitting at 492 ilvl now. I however don't get as much healing/dps as I think I should be doing. When attempting warbringers I get utterly destroyed. I get 30k dps tops and 12k hps. I try to follow the rotation/advices from this guide to the max, but can't see what I am doing wrong.
    That's my char. Is it bad gemming/reforging or just bad gear or am I missing something?
    Are you using seal of insight? Keeping sacred shield up? If you try to tank the summoned ghosts as well those hurt a bit, kite them if you're undergeared.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heya
    Gear wise, you don't really need exp hard cap, especially for soloing things like warbringers which aren't boss mobs, you'll get more dps/hps out of putting some of that exp into haste. Your trinkets are also not really that great - if you can try to pick up the shado-pan assault exp trinket after the patch when it'll be cheaper, and something like spark/feather/lei shen's final order.

Low hps sounds like not using seal of insight or not keeping sacred shield up. If you're dying as fast as you make it sound, you're probably being hit by meteors/the ghost/thunder crush as well. The ghost moves really slowly so you can kite it if you need to, and the other two you just need to avoid. Once you get comfortable with it and are no longer dying, you can start letting things hit you occasionally for some extra vengeance to make it go faster, but focus on staying alive first. The fear lasts quite a while as well, so make sure you have sacred shield up, and try to get two ShoR's off just before you get feared so that he doesn't do that much damage during it.

Low dps means you're probably not pressing buttons fast enough and not getting many fillers in as a result, although it's hard to say for sure without a log. Glyphs as well will have an impact on your dps. You shouldn't need divine protection glyphed for warbringers, and battle healer won't help you with soloing, so run with Alabaster Shield/Final Wrath/Focused Shield for max dps - you probably also want to glyph Focused Wrath. One thing you can do as well for warbringers is avoid killing the scarabs when they spawn (don't use consecration/HotR) - they do almost no damage, and will give you more Grand Crusader procs, especially next patch.

Yeah, Glyph Focused Shield and leave the scarabs alone...they'll feed you GC procs.

I never solo'd warbringers at your gear level, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the ghost - whose attacks I take to gain more vengeance - eats you alive. You can stun/kite him.

Hey thanks for the replies!
    I am using seal of insight and refreshing my sacred shield when it falls off. I am kiting the warbringer in circles when he spawns a ghost or does his meteors. When he does thunder crush I instantly run to his tail. The main problem is that I lose about 140-200k health during 1 single fear. He just hits me for 70k per hit. After the fear I barely am able to heal myself up. So after 2-3 fears I am done. In between fears my health doesn't drop, but it also doesn't go up unless I spam WoG.
    My vengeance stops increasing around 20k AP. My top heal is Seal of Insight when I check recount. I use the priority system from the mainpage as much as I can!
    I guess I'll just have to run some more LFRs so I can get rid of dodge/parry gear and hope for some haste!

You can bubble fears off; with Unbreakable Spirit, that means you can handle at least 2 per fight.

Fist of Justice is a good talent, as you can stun every ghost. They move slowly on their own so you don't need Burden to kite.

Deleted
    Hey thanks for the replies!
    I am using seal of insight and refreshing my sacred shield when it falls off. I am kiting the warbringer in circles when he spawns a ghost or does his meteors. When he does thunder crush I instantly run to his tail. The main problem is that I lose about 140-200k health during 1 single fear. He just hits me for 70k per hit. After the fear I barely am able to heal myself up. So after 2-3 fears I am done. In between fears my health doesn't drop, but it also doesn't go up unless I spam WoG.
    My vengeance stops increasing around 20k AP. My top heal is Seal of Insight when I check recount. I use the priority system from the mainpage as much as I can!
    I guess I'll just have to run some more LFRs so I can get rid of dodge/parry gear and hope for some haste!
    One of the rares in krasarang drops a 1 minute cd pvp trinket for pandaria only, it's great for breaking warbringer fears.

I decided to take serious look at my paladin. Thus got a question regearding gemming - should I go for full haste ignoring socket bonuses as long as I have expertise + hit cap?

@Galaen What level 90 talent are you using? You might want to try using holy prism pretty much on cd (in place of fillers, not holy power generators) any time you're below 100% hp. At least for me, when soloing very large packs of dinos on the isle, it has helped. Breaking the fears as much as possible will help though, with bubble or pvp trinket (or emfh if you were human).

@Vasilisa Unless you're doing content you vastly undergear, I'd suggest you go full haste gemming, you shouldn't need all that stamina. Generally ignore socket bonuses, they aren't usually worth it. If you really want to match socket bonuses you can use haste/hit or haste/expertise hybrids. Also note that you're well over expertise cap, you can drop some of that expertise for more haste as well. And you're missing a few gems and enchants but you probably know that. From a quick look at your armory, you can gain over 10% haste at the cost of about 3.5k stamina.

Deleted
    @Vasilisa

I generally ignore sockets unless they are really good. In your gear I would ignore all socket bonuses except head, and maybe legs. Rest I would just ignore since they are not good enough.

Thanks for the tips, I will socket mostly haste then

As for my expertise - you meant my extra 0.36%, right? Because 15% is still suggested as far as I know.

Edit: And ofc I'm aware of the state of my gear (like lack of belt buckle) but I plan on having everything set by tomorrow.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 2013-09-08 at 10:11 PM.

So I have been playing my DK for the longest time, always going for survival instead of getting that extra bit of dps from gemming haste and putting harder work on my healers, but my main question is this: I understand why Paladins go full haste, I am currently going to gem my new level 90 paladin for alt runs like that, but why do we take dps trinkets? If a plate dps asks why am i rolling on the dps trinket, what would like to give a proper answer?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Sukoidha; 2013-09-09 at 06:42 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukoidha View Post
    but why do we take dps trinkets? If a plate dps asks why am i rolling on the dps trinket, what would like to give a proper answer?Thank you.
    Because t15 tanking trinkets are utter shit for us.