Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Finally found somthing about the 4pc topic. A guy commented on ptr forums about it. Thread got deleted, but you can read the post in the page cached by google:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=es

He says that in previous builds of ptr you actually could have those "infinite" WoG and EF, wich people abused through harsh words and healing raid, and asks to be specified on tier description that it just applies to self heals.

Also, seems that when you SotR your target and that makes you have 3 or more BoG stacks, you get a buf: Bastion of Power. When you WoG or EF you consume that buff.

Before that buff was always consumed, no matter who you healed or damaged via harsh words. So you could just SotR -> WoG -> Sotr -> WoG ... etc.

Now the buff is only consumed when cast on self.
    Ah ok, since it gives you a buff that makes sense now. I was trying to think of how they would code it to only work when you cast it on yourself and not on another person, didn't even think of a buff....Major brain fail moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody else got the impression that EF on Immerseus HC is utterly useless?

Gonna run with SS for that one next ID. My EF healing was about as high as my Seal of Insight healing which as you all know, is not really effective. Sacred Shield should probably pull the same numbers here.

Ramp up time between each phase for 5 BoG stacks just takes too long and you usually have adds already on you at that point. And with all thats going on, trying to gather adds and stuff, I hardly ever had time to properly manage my BoG stacks, let alone micromanage EF. I much rather have SS here to "fire and forget".

Had about 70% EF Uptime with 67% Overheal.

I've checked a couple of paladin logs and they all seem to have the same problem.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post

Gonna run with SS for that one next ID. My EF healing was about as high as my Seal of Insight healing which as you all know, is not really effective. Sacred Shield should probably pull the same numbers here.

Ramp up time between each phase for 5 BoG stacks just takes too long and you usually have adds already on you at that point. And with all thats going on, trying to gather adds and stuff, I hardly ever had time to properly manage my BoG stacks, let alone micromanage EF. I much rather have SS here to "fire and forget".

Had about 70% EF Uptime with 67% Overheal.

I've checked a couple of paladin logs and they all seem to have the same problem.
    Aye; I felt that problem coming up in that fight even on normal Immerseus last week. It seems that the fight just does not have enough ramp up time to make use of a big BoG'd EF. Once you have it up youre already at the Split phase .... and you lose any BoG stacks you had, or go into the second First Phase with only 1-2 BoG stacks.

Especially uncluding the Corrosive Blast; you could argue for SS on this fight.

Although, if you've killed Garrosh normal Immerseus hc is basically a loot pinata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Yes Was my exact thought this week. SS for future weeks.

EF is great for the first 1-2 phases if you want to tank the small adds due to the insane amount of threat it generates. (may want to have a cd ready though since they hit pretty hard in large numbers)

For healing the adds Selfless Healer might even be an idea :O

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice regarding prot pala tanking - I've mainly been a dps for most of the raids (mage/warrior/DK/rdruid) that I've participated in have been as dps. I did swap to a DK tank to tank ICC25 normal and HC to help my guild out when the MT left so I have tanked some raids before.

Should I get a set of 496 timeless gear and hit ToT LFR and hope to pick up a few pieces of gear in there before jumping in to SoO - or will I be able to jump in to SoO LFR without too many issues?

I have tanked on my prot and I know the rotation - I just don't want to go in to SoO and wipe the whole raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valorfar View Post
    Hi,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice regarding prot pala tanking - I've mainly been a dps for most of the raids (mage/warrior/DK/rdruid) that I've participated in have been as dps. I did swap to a DK tank to tank ICC25 normal and HC to help my guild out when the MT left so I have tanked some raids before.

Should I get a set of 496 timeless gear and hit ToT LFR and hope to pick up a few pieces of gear in there before jumping in to SoO - or will I be able to jump in to SoO LFR without too many issues?

I have tanked on my prot and I know the rotation - I just don't want to go in to SoO and wipe the whole raid.
    Ret gear is prot gear.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    Ret gear is prot gear.

I've used my Paladin to pvp in recent years so I have ret pvp gear!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valorfar View Post
    I've used my Paladin to pvp in recent years so I have ret pvp gear!
    As a prot pally you wanna go for hit/exp caps then haste which is why ret = prot gear (in most cases). PvP gear is fine for lfr but mostly has crit and mastery (the latter not being a bad prot stat, but not as ideal as haste for most people). But generally speaking you can wear almost anything in LFR and it wouldn't keep you from succeding.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a prot pally you wanna go for hit/exp caps then haste which is why ret = prot gear (in most cases). PvP gear is fine for lfr but mostly has crit and mastery (the latter not being a bad prot stat, but not as ideal as haste for most people). But generally speaking you can wear almost anything in LFR and it wouldn't keep you from succeding.
    Nice one - I think I'll give ToT a try tonight in LFR and go from there

Deleted
    Quick question about gearing my new Protadin: how bad are dodge/parry compared to other stats? Should I use the Burdens from the Timeless Isle try to get Ret items (as they can only have 1 wasted stat, as opposed to 2 sub-par stats)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akatama View Post
    Quick question about gearing my new Protadin: how bad are dodge/parry compared to other stats? Should I use the Burdens from the Timeless Isle try to get Ret items (as they can only have 1 wasted stat, as opposed to 2 sub-par stats)?
    Yeah.

The only stuff you want from prot is weapons and they're only stat sticks. so much better to go for ret items.

@Valorfar: If you wipe in lfr wont be because of your gear. You can go there in full 496 without any problem, regarding you play the character properly, ofc.

The only stuff you want from prot is weapons and they're only stat sticks.
    and a shield (though the healing shield from Tortos in TOT was arguably the BIS for T15)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy67 View Post
    and a shield (though the healing shield from Tortos in TOT was arguably the BIS for T15)
    Wait what? I've been out of the loop on Prot paladins for a while, how exactly did this work? Did it just have a shitload of haste and the loss of str didn't really matter? I suppose that makes sense in theory, given how generally crap dodge+parry are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    I consider a shield a 'weapon' :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Wait what? I've been out of the loop on Prot paladins for a while, how exactly did this work? Did it just have a shitload of haste and the loss of str didn't really matter? I suppose that makes sense in theory, given how generally crap dodge+parry are.
    It had haste and in T15 vengeance drove tanks dps way more than Str and the more haste you had allowed you to utilise that AP to dps/shield/heal yourself

Speaking of the tortos healing shield, I'm currently still sporting the heroic (non tf) version. Last night the Norushen's Enigmatic Barrier dropped and no one else could use it, so I ended up with it. I would obviously lose haste switching to it, but do you think the armor/stamina upgrade might be worth it? If not I'll just keep it for the holy offset I never use lol.

It had haste and in T15 vengeance drove tanks dps way more than Str and the more haste you had allowed you to utilise that AP to dps/shield/heal yourself
    Still strength and whatever other secondary stat you get are still better than int/spirit.

Deleted
    Quick question,
    Should I use Dps or Tank legendary cloak and why?