10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NesloAkaSpoon View Post
    I see, thanks for your answer. Will gem them when i get home and see which piece gives the most haste :-)
    Just bump it into a calculator if you get a chance or sitting at a computer at work, something to do that's a bit different and more enjoyable Just multiply the stat you want to reforge by 0.4 to work out how much haste you'll get from it. Then add on gems too. Don't forget the haste glove enchant if you use it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Just bump it into a calculator if you get a chance or sitting at a computer at work, something to do that's a bit different and more enjoyable Just multiply the stat you want to reforge by 0.4 to work out how much haste you'll get from it. Then add on gems too. Don't forget the haste glove enchant if you use it.
    I just did! The retri gloves are actually much better because of the extra socket slot, and since both are yellow i get the socket bonus aswell! And since it's 540 ilvl i get more str/stam too! Funny how a dps item can be used for tanking, especially since they are not under the prot table!

Quote Originally Posted by NesloAkaSpoon View Post
    Funny how a dps item can be used for tanking, especially since they are not under the prot table!
    Ugh to be precise pretty much none of the actual "tank" stuff was good for anyone in 5.3 and now it's still only useful to warriors and okayish to dks. For paladins it's dps gear all the way.

15+ Year Old Account
    gedding rid of d/p from gear altogether would solve so much problems of wasted gear, it isn't even funny.
    but on the same site I highly doubt that this ever happens. if it does not happen in 6.0, it never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    gedding rid of d/p from gear altogether would solve so much problems of wasted gear, it isn't even funny.
    but on the same site I highly doubt that this ever happens. if it does not happen in 6.0, it never happens.
    Well d/p gear is okay for dk/warriors now so I don't think that is needed. If they keep the current stats they just need to make sure that pallies get haste gear in bonus rolls.

Deleted
    what glyphs o use on garrosh ?

I'm tempted by DP, because he hits like a fucking truck in melee, the shadow dot is not very dangerous becuse we switch @3-4 (max I had was 5) and P3 will be very short anyway so he harder hitting debubff on't be ther very lonG.

I feel like his melees are the biggest threat... I may be doing something wrong, o rmaybe its because we 2heal the fight ?

I used final wrath, alabaster shield and focus shield because my war mate is tanking adds.
    Opted for holy prism and HA at first, but DivPurpose will be better for tonight in terms of SotR uptime.

I have pandashan trinket in bags just in case those changes aren't enough : use DP glyph instead of focused shield to cleave adds and mitigate melees from boss, and DivPurp for higher SotR should be enough right ?

We didn't get to p3 last night, but if the debuff hits that hard and DP must remain unglyphed, any advice is welcome

Hmmmm Garrosh:
    I really wouldn't go with DP glyph since you can reduce just as much damage with the unglyphed version imo. (If you use it during the WW it's all magical damage) Having 4-5 HoPo before each tank swap usually takes care of the physical damage long enough for the healers to catch up.
    I personally wouldn't recommend Focused Shield either since the adds in p1 and the ones in jade temple come in nice packs of 3.

My pick is WoG, AS , FW.

As for 90 talents Prism or Hammer both have their uses for p1 and transition. Couldn't use either of them for the WW since people were too far away. So ehh I'll stick to prism as a single target filler.
    And well Divine Purpose for the consistency.

P.S: You may want to have a cancelaura macro for Righteous Fury or otherwise the 25% energy adds will likely rape you.

Deleted
    I second unglyphed DP for garrosh. It is amazing, especially if you are solo tanking.

Just curious, how do you solo tank if you end up in the realm that has the 2 big adds? Do you have a warrior or someone who can "tank" the other one?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorfion View Post
    Just curious, how do you solo tank if you end up in the realm that has the 2 big adds? Do you have a warrior or someone who can "tank" the other one?
    Hope for the 1 in 3 chance that you don't get that realm? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Hope for the 1 in 3 chance that you don't get that realm? :P
    Pretty much or dps druid heart of the wild.

We never had that happen, we got lucky so dont know how to handle that.

Warrior should be possible - those adds don't last that long after all.
    Is Heart of the wild even enough? - I mean that thing almost one-shots me.
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-09-25 at 12:09 AM.

I was just curious because on 25m at least, if any dps got to one of those before the tank they were one-shot. We weren't 1 tanking it ofc, so it was just people not paying attention and being overeager.

Well it hits for about 400k on tanks already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Warrior should be possible - those adds don't last that long after all.
    Is Heart of the wild even enough? - I mean that thing almost one-shots me.
    Heart of the wild with whatever that last stand is called so you get more health as druid should be enough, maybe coupled with a sacrifice or something if needed. as you said, the add dies quick. Maybe put 6 or 7 people on that side so it dies faster.

I have not tried so not sure if it is enough, but heart of the wild is pretty legit CD. If not that a rogue with symbiosis could probably do it aswell. Rogue + symbiosis + evasion = tanky.

This is all speculation as this never happened to us. But when there is a will there is a way.

On a completely different note. Any of you HC tanks got any tips for the first 10-11 HC bosses. I suddenly got a new raid team tomorrow on reset so I need to catch up on the 10 hc bosses and basically got no clue which boss is majorly different / hard on heroic compared to normal. So as a tank with normal experience, which boss should I pay extra focus to on heroic? Which boss changed the most in-terms of tank deaths and responsibilities.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-09-25 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Heart of the wild with whatever that last stand is called so you get more health as druid should be enough, maybe coupled with a sacrifice or something if needed. as you said, the add dies quick. Maybe put 6 or 7 people on that side so it dies faster.

I have not tried so not sure if it is enough, but heart of the wild is pretty legit CD. If not that a rogue with symbiosis could probably do it aswell. Rogue + symbiosis + evasion = tanky.

This is all speculation as this never happened to us. But when there is a will there is a way.

On a completely different note. Any of you HC tanks got any tips for the first 10-11 HC bosses. I suddenly got a new raid team tomorrow on reset so I need to catch up on the 10 hc bosses and basically got no clue which boss is majorly different / hard on heroic compared to normal. So as a tank with normal experience, which boss should I pay extra focus to on heroic? Which boss changed the most in-terms of tank deaths and responsibilities.
    Don't think that there;s that many tanks here with experience of first 11 bosses on heroic (esp paladins).
    Out of the first 4 i found immerseus bland, protectors to be somewhat chaotic and norushen / sha to be fairly simple.

Deleted
    For immerseus just make sure you have a cd up for breath and if the swirl spawns badly I personally prefer to just use a cd for it and eat it rather than try to outrun it. Things do hurt on heroic but it's still rather easy.

On protectors I specced holy avenger (stuck to it since) as I'm tanking He softfoot + embodied misery and all that physical damage while the raid is otherwise occupied means HA gives me a sotr wall until the add is dead.

Norushen wasn't very tough on damage, although it was at times rather difficult to get my add down in time if I didn't have CDs to help me. (holy wrath glyph is good)

Sha of Pride, since it sounds like the guild you're joining has killed it already - this might be a little difficult but try to figure out when you are tanking and aren't (wounded pride) and how it mixes up with your rift soaking debuff. I found it rather easy to get one on the way to get in position for prison etc. (consider glyphing holy wrath)

Naz'grim: Execute does hurt once you've taken a few sunders or zerg stance. glyphed dp works wonders. Add control and hand of protection on squishy dps being fixated by the sniper is good.

And long story short I havn't done gala, jugger or shamans on hc (Nor the later ones) since our RL decided to kill them normal with 2 raid days left because he felt naz + normal clear would be too much for one day (and we finished with 1½ raid day left and nothing to kill).

But it is my understanding that galakras is pretty much the same for a tank on normal and hc, only more dmg.

Jugger really seems like the same as well, soak bombs and shit.

For shamans you might have to prepare yourself for the 3 tank tactic involving tanking haromn far away from the raid all fight..

dunno if this is much help, but yeah.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips space.

Protectors is one of the fights I am a bit worried about. Feels like a death would be possible there.
    Also Galakras a bit, but that is mostly for my gear. It is a bit on the shitty side. Still rocking T14 bracers, yay for not a single pair of bracers dropping in T15.
    Shamans is a bit like protectors, so much shit going on and in normal you ignored most mechanics, so hopefully that will go good there aswell.
    Doing some quick math for naz'grim, at 3-4 stacks I would get hit for about 700k with only SotR up, so glyphed DP seems like a decent idea bringing that damage into the 500-600k range. How often does he execute? Worth rotating more CDs for it?

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips space.

Protectors is one of the fights I am a bit worried about. Feels like a death would be possible there.
    Also Galakras a bit, but that is mostly for my gear. It is a bit on the shitty side. Still rocking T14 bracers, yay for not a single pair of bracers dropping in T15.
    Shamans is a bit like protectors, so much shit going on and in normal you ignored most mechanics, so hopefully that will go good there aswell.
    Doing some quick math for naz'grim, at 3-4 stacks I would get hit for about 700k with only SotR up, so glyphed DP seems like a decent idea bringing that damage into the 500-600k range. How often does he execute? Worth rotating more CDs for it?
    once or twice per cycle of tanking really. Definately suggest tank cloak for heroic. also remember zerg = 25% increased dmg. It's an easy fight but if you don't have stuff up for those executes it really really hurts.

Hardly - there's really nothing here that could kill a tank other than a high stack calamity which is very predictable and we have plenty of cds for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    I'm tanking He softfoot + embodied misery
    Unless you don't have enough interrupts for Gloom I really can't see why you wouldn't put the Rook tank on Misery. (heck I even tanked Gloom+Misery on our first attempts when we only had 1 melee anyway)
    => Rook tank tanks Misery on top of the priestess to cleave/interrupt her.
    => DPS takes Gloom and pulls him to Sorrow (that thing really doesn't hit for anything)