Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    Can't be in melee range of the other mobs since he drops poison puddles.
    Generally i picked up gloom as a he tank and just non stop back peddling to deal with puddles.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Generally i picked up gloom as a he tank and just non stop back peddling to deal with puddles.
    off topic. how'd you end up with protection legs and ret gloves ? o.o

off topic. how'd you end up with protection legs and ret gloves ? o.o
    Forgeting to switch loot spec to prot when i killed celestials . And gms telling me to gently fuck myself when asked to switch to prot ones.

Forgeting to switch loot spec to prot when i killed celestials . And gms telling me to gently fuck myself when asked to switch to prot ones.
    :/ although there's not much GMs can really do about that.

Hey guys!

I have one more question, last time i got some great answers ;-)

How much does haste outweight mastery/dodge/parry?

Thanks!

:/ although there's not much GMs can really do about that.
    Apparently depends on GM, some of them have been known to switch items like that (tier vs tier).

Quote Originally Posted by NesloAkaSpoon View Post
    Hey guys!

I have one more question, last time i got some great answers ;-)

How much does haste outweight mastery/dodge/parry?

Thanks!
    Large enough that on same ilvl haste + anything > dodge/parry item

Small enough that if difference is this tier vs next you should go for next tier.

Matter of preference imo.

Just some rough guidelines:
    higher armor (generally from ilvl) >= gem slot >> haste on item >> exp/mastery/(hit) > crit/parry/dodge
    14+ ilvl req: haste + mastery/exp ring/neck/(cloak) vs parry/dodge with less socket slots
    13 ilvl req: haste + mastery/exp item vs parry/dodge item
    8+ ilvl req: either crit or overcapped hit on the haste item or exp/mastery on the avoidance item
    <8 ilvl req: badly itemized haste item (like the awfully low haste on Lei Shen legs) vs a really well itemized non-haste item (high exp and/or mastery....)
    ~same ilvl : Extra socket on a ring/neck/(cloak) like the trash/twins necks in ToT.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Just some rough guidelines:
    higher armor (generally from ilvl) >= gem slot >> haste on item >> exp/mastery/(hit) > crit/parry/dodge
    14+ ilvl req: haste + mastery/exp ring/neck/(cloak) vs parry/dodge with less socket slots
    13 ilvl req: haste + mastery/exp item vs parry/dodge item
    8+ ilvl req: either crit or overcapped hit on the haste item or exp/mastery on the avoidance item
    <8 ilvl req: badly itemized haste item (like the awfully low haste on Lei Shen legs) vs a really well itemized non-haste item (high exp and/or mastery....)
    ~same ilvl : Extra socket on a ring/neck/(cloak) like the trash/twins necks in ToT.

Very usefully post!

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I can't do the maths right now because I'm way too hungover but as you said, the aim is to get as much haste as possible up until the cap whilst keeping hit cap and as much exp as you feel comfortable running with. It's simple as that. Doesn't matter what the other stats are, as long as it's a haste upgrade. Really that simple. If these gloves have crit on them or dodge or spirit then it does not matter in the slightest - get the one that gives you the most haste.

The whole Crit/Mastery thing comes into it when you hit the haste cap at which point you can get either Crit or Mastery as your next stat. Both are good, just depends which you want. Both are good for throughput, one is offensive the other defensive. I don't know about if there is a definitive winner now with the EF change and our set bonus.
    Wait wait wait, is this accurate? Should I equip a 491 intel/spirit/stam/haste ring over a 524 str/stam/dodge/parry ring if I can still reach Hit/Exp cap?
    Last edited by Frostcrest; 2013-09-27 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added ilvls

Quote Originally Posted by Frostcrest View Post
    Wait wait wait, is this accurate? Should I equip a 491 intel/spirit/stam/haste ring over a 524 str/stam/dodge/parry ring if I can still reach Hit/Exp cap?
    491 and 524 is quite a big jump so probably not. Depends a bit on the exact stats. A int/haste/mastery ring would obviously be better than one with spirit.

It both rings was the same item level I would prefer the int/haste/x vs str/dodge/parry. Presuming no sockets aswell.

But I would probably take a 524 ring over a 491 ring regardless of stats just due to the stamina increase.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    491 and 524 is quite a big jump so probably not. Depends a bit on the exact stats. A int/haste/mastery ring would obviously be better than one with spirit.

It both rings was the same item level I would prefer the int/haste/x vs str/dodge/parry. Presuming no sockets aswell.

But I would probably take a 524 ring over a 491 ring regardless of stats just due to the stamina increase.
    Alright, that makes me feel better. Also I've been looking at the top 10 alliance paladin tanks for my server (Emerald Dream) on wow-heroes. On AMR, Alacrity of Xuen +8 is very very highly rated, yet no tank above me is using it. Is the CD on the proc so long that it makes it unattractive for tanking?

I have terrible trinket luck, finally got a good one last night. I have Orders of Lei Shen LFR, Juggernaut Focusing +8, and Lao-Chen. Would rather save valor of upgrades than buying the 1.1k trink.

Tried linking, but not enough posts done. I'm Phillipuh on Emerald Dream.

It's probably a combination of the coin cost, and the fact that it's just a str trinket with a 115 ICD haste proc @ 15% proc chance. There are other better options for trinkets available to raiders of normal/heroic variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostcrest View Post
    Alright, that makes me feel better. Also I've been looking at the top 10 alliance paladin tanks for my server (Emerald Dream) on wow-heroes. On AMR, Alacrity of Xuen +8 is very very highly rated, yet no tank above me is using it. Is the CD on the proc so long that it makes it unattractive for tanking?

I have terrible trinket luck, finally got a good one last night. I have Orders of Lei Shen LFR, Juggernaut Focusing +8, and Lao-Chen. Would rather save valor of upgrades than buying the 1.1k trink.

Tried linking, but not enough posts done. I'm Phillipuh on Emerald Dream.
    It's possibly because nobody can be bothered farming up 50,000 coins. And there are much better trinkets in LFR/Flex/NH/HC SoO.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Has anyone gotten a BoA weapon from Garrosh yet? I am trying to get a 100% confirmation on if the weapon drops based on the spec you killed him in or if it goes by your loot specialization? I have had nothing but speculation on this so far, nothing concrete. Has anyone here killed in in prot with ret selected and gotten a 2h?

It is loot spec. I saw a prot pally get it with Ret selected and got the 2h axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    It is loot spec. I saw a prot pally get it with Ret selected and got the 2h axe.
    Thanks, appreciate it.

Paladin forums feel dead. Almost no discussios anymore. Where is nairobi?
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Paladin forums feel dead. Almost no discussios anymore. Where is nairobi?
    Merin's uni term should be picking up soon, we'll get those drunken forum rampages back when that happens

Anywho, I killed garrosh on 25 man this evening, although it was as retribution. Apparently Garrosh is a bitch to move in P3, going by the curses in the tank channel.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Merin's uni term should be picking up soon, we'll get those drunken forum rampages back when that happens

Anywho, I killed garrosh on 25 man this evening, although it was as retribution. Apparently Garrosh is a bitch to move in P3, going by the curses in the tank channel.
    He just randomly starts every once in a while and doesn't do shit for a few sec -.-

He just randomly starts every once in a while and doesn't do shit for a few sec -.-
    He doesn't move right away in p2 sometimes either.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 13/14H.