Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    True I can see it on Thok and for sure Siege for stacking the buff to kill adds faster. Malkorok I actually might use it since I am gonna solo blood rage most likely.
    On siegecrafter it allows to push debuff to 5 or 6 stacks and just dps right by him --> higher dps
    On thok possibly if solo tanking just to make sure you don't get 1 shotted if you got enough debuff stacks

And on a number of fights it's more of a "possibly save a brez", when i'm doing flex i can somewhat comfortably solotank iron juggernaut and galak while he's on his land phase and since their damage isn't that extreme in there i generally stick to dps cloak, but if i wanted to try that on N/H i'd probably switch to tank cloak.
    (For example on iron jugger it's not that hard to heal through debuff, but i'm not sure that i'd have enough cd's for every single flame vent to guarantee that i don't die)

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    the only thing is .. I currently use the tank cloak, so I have reforged for having the tank cloak.
    now if I'm using the DPS one, I lack that 1k expertise, making me drop from 14.95 or so to 11,something% expertise.

kinda sucks.
    Or you could like... just reforge for the fights where you actually need to swap the cloak?
    There really is no excuse not to since the entrance is next to pandatown and most raids probably have the reforge mount anyway.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

I don't know how in the world are people managing to have issues with exp. I'm reforging almost all my expertise away in tank gear and still end up 0.2% above cap. SoO gear has way too much of this stat.

As for the cloak, I use it on Garrosh personally, since I solo tank p3 while our monk kites adds, and it's a nice failsafe there.

P.S. I bonus rolled pet on Siegecrafter yesterday. That was fucking ridiculous, I wanted a weapon but got a silly pet. Good thing is, I'm a pet collector.
    Last edited by Lethora; 2013-10-07 at 07:51 AM.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 100 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

Hello,
    Just returned to game after a break. Can someone explain how the prot paly in the Method Garrosh vid is doing so much dps? Also why is he using the ToT 4 piece (is it better than the SoO 4 piece)?

Quote Originally Posted by ElChig View Post
    Hello,
    Just returned to game after a break. Can someone explain how the prot paly in the Method Garrosh vid is doing so much dps? Also why is he using the ToT 4 piece (is it better than the SoO 4 piece)?
    Garrosh (especially on heroic) hits like a truck so he probably has a ton of vengeance. The ToT 4P is great for generating massive amounts of holy power although I'm a bit surprised he isn't using the T16 pieces. I guess it's a HP generation loss, but I would imagine the stat boosts make up for it.

Btw Firefly, idk if you remember our convo from a few weeks ago, but I solo-tanked Iron Jugg on Flex and it was pretty fun. 360k vengeance! It's definitely possible on normal, but you'll need some next level healers.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Garrosh (especially on heroic) hits like a truck so he probably has a ton of vengeance. The ToT 4P is great for generating massive amounts of holy power although I'm a bit surprised he isn't using the T16 pieces. I guess it's a HP generation loss, but I would imagine the stat boosts make up for it.

Btw Firefly, idk if you remember our convo from a few weeks ago, but I solo-tanked Iron Jugg on Flex and it was pretty fun. 360k vengeance! It's definitely possible on normal, but you'll need some next level healers.
    One of the fun things to do is solo tanking galakras in lfr. Generally the dps in lfrs is purty fail so you can get debuff stacked up for some fun veng numbers (i think i remember getting >450k veng)

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    One of the fun things to do is solo tanking galakras in lfr. Generally the dps in lfrs is purty fail so you can get debuff stacked up for some fun veng numbers (i think i remember getting >450k veng)
    I solo tank him on normal. It's not too bad. I pop DP at around 4 stacks and then use GoAK and AD as needed. DP usually comes back on CD by the time I need it and I always have externals from our healers. I'm not sure what my Vengeance looks like on that fight, but by the time he's dead, i'm taking like 400k ticks, haha.

Last week our raid died at about 5 or 8% and I was able to bring him down the rest of the way. Felt nice.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post

I would almost guarantee it's because the tier was better used elsewhere on DPS than it was on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    I would almost guarantee it's because the tier was better used elsewhere on DPS than it was on him.
    Ah that's true. For some reason I'm assuming all priests, locks, and pallys had their 4P, haha.

I was just listening to a podcast (Set to Heroic) and they had Trekkie on. They actually asked about his low IL and apparently it was because they decided to gear up their DPS first (since meeting enrage is probably the biggest issue for WF guilds). On another note, I have the same IL as Method's MT! Off to heroic Garrosh I go~~~~
    Last edited by pld; 2013-10-08 at 04:10 AM.

Solo tank him on heroic like I did this week...that was fun so much vengance

Solo tank him on heroic like I did this week...that was fun so much vengance
    The thing is that given a proper amount of time i have a feeling that the lfr still does more damage just because you're in that phase for a lot longer. If i remember correctly it was ticking for over 700k on me

The thing is that given a proper amount of time i have a feeling that the lfr still does more damage just because you're in that phase for a lot longer. If i remember correctly it was ticking for over 700k on me

Well then...yea thats a lot more lol I only hit like 12 stacks and our boss died....or was it like 15 idk but it was pretty fast

Well then...yea thats a lot more lol I only hit like 12 stacks and our boss died....or was it like 15 idk but it was pretty fast
    Looking at dmg taken i took 28 stacks and his pulsing + fire debuff (which i think also affects breath) stacked up to 48. xD

Looking at dmg taken i took 28 stacks and his pulsing + fire debuff (which i think also affects breath) stacked up to 48. xD
    I was in a flex raid where everyone died. I had to solo the last 20% of galakras, he ended up at 99 stacks (capped) and I had vengeance cap. Was quite fun.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I was in a flex raid where everyone died. I had to solo the last 20% of galakras, he ended up at 99 stacks (capped) and I had vengeance cap. Was quite fun.
    Ja
    Looking at our set i don't even honestly care for 4 piece as much as i care for 2 piece which seems insanely strong in those situations and synergies extremely well with the our talents and the vial.

So guys - How about the malkorok int/haste shield. Anyones using it?
    RL, GM and Pally Tank for 10-man Guild Plage, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Prot Paladin / Blood DK

Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/plageriemu

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

After postponing tanking for a long time, I don't really like the whole use dps stats for tanking thing, I'm thinking on trying again paly tanking. The question I have is what gear I'm supposed to use. haste/mastery gear wherever I can with a tank 1h and shield? Or maybe crit pieces if they have haste? Use the tanking tier pieces? How do I balance the tank/dps gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    After postponing tanking for a long time, I don't really like the whole use dps stats for tanking thing, I'm thinking on trying again paly tanking. The question I have is what gear I'm supposed to use. haste/mastery gear wherever I can with a tank 1h and shield? Or maybe crit pieces if they have haste? Use the tanking tier pieces? How do I balance the tank/dps gear?
    Pieces with haste/{hit/exp/mastery} are your friends. Pieces with haste/crit aren't bad, and sometimes are the best you can do for a slot. The T16 2pc, eh, I could take it or leave it, but using Eternal Flame makes the T16 4pc almost mandatory.

But the most important thing you can do is to stop considering haste gear, dps gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    So guys - How about the malkorok int/haste shield. Anyones using it?
    Seeing how for me it's a running joke (GG tortos shield) maybe, but as soon as i'd get nazgrim shield i would replace the malkorok one with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Pieces with haste/{hit/exp/mastery} are your friends. Pieces with haste/crit aren't bad, and sometimes are the best you can do for a slot. The T16 2pc, eh, I could take it or leave it, but using Eternal Flame makes the T16 4pc almost mandatory.

But the most important thing you can do is to stop considering haste gear, dps gear.
    Tbh i personally thing that 2 piece is stronger than 4 piece.
    Because : a) you're only refreshing when you're at 5 stacks b) you don't want to replace as soon as you get to 5 stacks if the HoT is weaker --> we get ~3 free HoP every 15+ sec (probably even less)

Tbh i personally thing that 2 piece is stronger than 4 piece.
    Because : a) you're only refreshing when you're at 5 stacks b) you don't want to replace as soon as you get to 5 stacks if the HoT is weaker --> we get ~3 free HoP every 15+ sec (probably even less)
    I have nothing against the 2pc, just that, for me, it's not as good as it could be as I tend to minimize my defensive CD usage (speaking from a 10N perspective), and only use DP (unglyphed most of the time) when there's a powerful magic attack - which tends to make it stay off CD more frequently than it theoretically could. Of course, usage of DP (and other CDs) depends highly on the fight, but DP tends to get less use than other CDs, making the 2pc less useful, to me.

The 4pc, while only being a free 3 HoPo every 15-30 seconds (sometimes less with high dp procs), to me is less about the HoPo returns than it is about the removal of the opportunity cost of using EF. My experience thus far this patch tends to tell me that the time I want to hit EF and have one rolling on me also often corresponds to wanting a SotR up; of course, banking HoPo makes it so that they can come out nearly back to back, but removing the opportunity cost (in EF->SotR situations, allowing SotR to be used immediately, and in SotR->EF situations preventing the need to regain all 5 HoPo to be banked properly) of EF will make EF usage less situational.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.