Quick question that two prot palas disagree on.

Haste cap for protection is 50% UNBUFFED...right?

21250 haste.

50% haste.

Both haste raid buffs do NOTHING never have never will they dont do anything. Never look at your haste % just look at rating. 21250. simple.

Ok, forgive if this may sound like a nab question then.
    Raid buffs, affect our rating, don't they?

Also, after 21250 rating, we get no further gcd reduction, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brollgarth View Post
    Ok, forgive if this may sound like a nab question then.
    Raid buffs, affect our rating, don't they?

Also, after 21250 rating, we get no further gcd reduction, right?
    No they don't.

Indeed, we don't get further reductions to the GCD. Thus further haste drops in value to ~0.

Thank you for proving me right guys, was starting to doubt myself...

How let's copy-paste the link here to the other pala.... lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Indeed, we don't get further reductions to the GCD. Thus further haste drops in value to ~0.
    Not to 0 as it still increases the tick speed of EF/SS, reduces cast time, reduces CDs and increase melee swings for more SoI procs.

But, after 50% it becomes far, far, less valuable and it is defiately not worth stacking it after that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Not to 0 as it still increases the tick speed of EF/SS, reduces cast time, reduces CDs and increase melee swings for more SoI procs.

But, after 50% it becomes far, far, less valuable and it is defiately not worth stacking it after that point.
    Reduced cast time on FoL, and the reduced CD on skills isn't really beneficial.
    Although it does increase HPS, that is true. Obviously you end up better increasing mastery/crit at that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Obviously you end up better increasing mastery/crit at that point.
    Yes, of course. Was just pointing out that the value is not absolutely 0 after 50% but still it is very low.

Reduced cast time on FoL is extremely benefitial though. I found myself casting FoL several times on Siegecrafter/Paragons and Garrosh HC. It FoL can be a life saver sometimes. Better I stop and cast FoL then our druid has to stop and cast Rebirth later.

Reduced CDs is a matter of breakpoints, none of which we can really reach without procs and/or BL so that is kinda not beneficial at the haste levels obtainable.

Deleted
    Noticed two fairly annoying bugs.

Just realised that salvation does not always drop aggro on targets...

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but interrupts are never supposed to be able to miss anymore? I just had one of my interrupts being BLOCKED on an add in SoO. As far as I remember didnt they change so that interrupt always hit? Quite annoying wiping because "My interrupt got blocked"

Deleted
    Just realised that salvation does not always drop aggro on targets...
    I had this come up in LFR once, I wanted to reset my stacks, so I used HoSalv on myself.
    Surprisingly the boss still kept on attacking me. :\

I can confirm the hos too.

It's not often, no...but it has happened here and there for me too. And OH YES, it's annoying!!!

Deleted
    Yea, the HoS thing happened to me a few times too. I have tidy plates to change colour based on aggro towards me and sometimes I'd pop HoS, the plates would change to red (meaning I'm not the main aggro target) and I would still be the target.

Deleted
    It is because hand of salvation does not drop aggro, it reduces your threat by 70 million, so if the second person on the aggro tables is more than 70 million threat behind you then you will not drop aggro.

Interesting!

How about the mechanics behind Rebuke then? Any thoughts why you got blocked?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brollgarth View Post
    Interesting!

How about the mechanics behind Rebuke then? Any thoughts why you got blocked?
    I believe that I could hear the shaman shouting out "BECAUSE FUCK YOU THATS WHY!?". Maybe it just wanted to heal haha?

I really got no clue. The thing is that it was not an immune, not a miss, it was BLOCKED, and that is what bothers me.

I"BECAUSE FUCK YOU THATS WHY!?"
    ^ lol

Also, I haven't noticed a block I should pay attention to that and see if I get it. I do remember random times when I have seen that on my scrolling battle text, but I never thought anything of it...this was a little while ago...not sure what it happened but I will try to remember and see what and when its happening.

Epic block % on the spell caster then!!! Rofl thinking of the shammy now, and can't stop from laughing :P

But all lolz aside, I do wan't to know what's the story behind it...
    Obviously it's not affected by hit&exp, nothing on it in the tool tip to even suggest that... [Rebuke]

So far it looks like an

I will get to the bottom of this...

Deleted
    Looking at logs from last night, i got blocked 3 times. Farseer Wolf Rider blocked me one time, and Embodied Doubt twice.

Very weird. I never even noticed the embodied doubt blocking me, but I dont use rebuke to interrupt there anyway. Or only as backup but never needed really.

15+ Year Old Account
    is there a quick'n'dirty calculation what the exact haste cap becomes once you have thok's trinket? depending on itemlvl, obviously?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It's like 19600 I think, plus or minus 500. That's for heroic warforged though I think, for a more likely version it's like 20400 +/- 300 I believe? Someone will have the exact numbers but they're in that ballpark. I think.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.