Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I raid in a 10man guild. We haven't started any heroics yet. My ilevel is 547 and I gem haste. Today on the trash right before siege crafter, I kept dieing to those rogue mobs that shadowstep behind you and apply a debuff. I would get hit by 2 or 3 at a time. A guildie mentioned that my haste wont help me mitigate anything if I can't survive the hits. I sit at 827k fully buffed with stam food and flask. I get to just over 900k thanks to having a resto shaman during fights. Is there a point where I should forget haste and start getting things like stam trinkets or gems? Is there even a point I need to during regulars?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Holoo/simple
    I would say.

If you are below 600k hp for normals, get some more hp
    If you are below 700k hp for early hcs, get some more hp
    If you are below 800k hp for malk/thok/siegecrafter hc, get some more hp
    If you are below 1000k hp for Paragons HC/Garrosh HC, get some more hp

Overall, mastery is the stat you are looking for, not stamina.

If you have 547 item level you have absoultely no reason to gem stamina at all ever. I was at siegecrafter HC with 543 item level without any problems, using 0 stamina gems and trinkets. You rhealth levels is way more than enough for your current content.

If you are frequently dropping dead early on in fights at your current gear/progression, the issue lies within how you use your CDs and abilities rather than how you gear it. You only mentioned trash though, that trash can kills tanks so if you dont have issues on bosses there is nothing to worry about.

I would personally look to get the cooldown reduction trinket from malkorok. It is completely awesome for the cooldown part, and also provides you more than enough stamina so you dont even have to think about gemming for more.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-11-08 at 06:50 AM.

I wouldn't let the results of trash pulls dictate your gearing.

Siegecrafter trash can be insane if you end up with 2-3 stacks from the first wave's boss.

100% unrelated but 20 man raids ?
    While avoiding the discussion of (10+25)/2 = 20(lolwut)
    Are the fights still designed with 2 tanks in mind ? Will we see more 3 or mb 4 tank fights ?
    (Otherwise 50% of 10 man tanks just got fucked)

Well both 25 and 10m are mostly 2 tanks so I don't think that'll change.

Deleted
    More concerned about it being a brand new difficulty. I hope it'll have a separate lockout tho.

Now reading over it again I really wonder why they decided to go for 20 man - I mean that's still no better than 25m to me /:
    Just can't stand the thought of going back to a laggy with min graphic settings while having to deal with twice as many players as I'd like to

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Now reading over it again I really wonder why they decided to go for 20 man - I mean that's still no better than 25m to me /:
    Just can't stand the thought of going back to a laggy with min graphic settings while having to deal with twice as many players as I'd like to
    Weighted average : (10*10 + 25*25) / (10+25) = 20.8 or so

And there's no real new difficulty.
    Flex becomes normal
    normal becomes heroic
    heroic becomes mythical
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYlIqkqCEAACZ7U.jpg:large

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    100% unrelated but 20 man raids ?
    While avoiding the discussion of (10+25)/2 = 20(lolwut)
    Are the fights still designed with 2 tanks in mind ? Will we see more 3 or mb 4 tank fights ?
    (Otherwise 50% of 10 man tanks just got fucked)
    Seeing the lack of tanks currently, I would imagine that blizzard do not want to design fights to require many tanks. 2 tanks for 20 is probably the safest bet. I have no problem rerolling though after the 1/n vengeance change. Honestly cant see myself leveling up my tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Seeing the lack of tanks currently, I would imagine that blizzard do not want to design fights to require many tanks. 2 tanks for 20 is probably the safest bet. I have no problem rerolling though after the 1/n vengeance change. Honestly cant see myself leveling up my tank.
    At this rate in another patch or so blizzard will fix the tank issues by making all "tank" specs dps, and jsut adding tank npcs in place <_<

They're probably going to completely rework tanking and/or vengeance anyway with 6.0.
    If not.... well time to decide whether to heal or dps next expansion (just like I ditched ret/prot for holy in 4.0 because they were awful)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    They're probably going to completely rework tanking and/or vengeance anyway with 6.0.
    If not.... well time to decide whether to heal or dps next expansion (just like I ditched ret/prot for holy in 4.0 because they were awful)
    With the removal of hit and expertise I feel they could maybe go all the way and do the same to dodge and parry and try to focus more on active mitigation and try to make it interesting. Idk, maybe i've played too much League of Legends and Guild Wars but I get kind of bored of the DPS-style of tanking we're headed to. Paladin is the only tank that feels like a real tank to me since I can heal and bring utility to the raid but idk, will have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are Lv100 prot talents so fucking boring?

We;ve got a choice of nerfing our damage by 30% in exchange for some heals I guess, giving SoI a slight buff, or +10% block.

fuckin whoop de doooooo.

The other 4 tanks at least get SOMETHING interesting. Kinda want to reroll DK purely because with the addition of Necrotic plague and defile, they are basically Arthas at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Why are Lv100 prot talents so fucking boring?

We;ve got a choice of nerfing our damage by 30% in exchange for some heals I guess, giving SoI a slight buff, or +10% block.

fuckin whoop de doooooo.

The other 4 tanks at least get SOMETHING interesting. Kinda want to reroll DK purely because with the addition of Necrotic plague and defile, they are basically Arthas at this point.
    Or warrior with gladiator stance

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm I think they'll make some updates. Personally I don't think few "larger" changes to the way paladins work would hurt but then I'm one of those strange people that felt Holy Shield was a more entertaining Active Mitigation (if you can call it that) than current SHOTR is, if you gave it say an 8second duration and a 10second CD with enough other spells going on that it didn't become part of a "rotation".

I'm strange like that.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    But lack of tanks was primarily a LFR/LFD issue, wasn't it?
    Most guilds are in need of healers or warlocks around here afaik.

It's meh for me, but honestly... it's about time that I upgrade my system. It's dying slowly. : \

Deleted
    If tanks remain largely unchanged I might take the free lvl 90 boost and reroll BrM. More damage, more raid healing with half the work... Kind of goes hand to hand with me dropping out of serious raiding if the new PvP island and lvl 100 non-raid content is indeed appealing .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    If tanks remain largely unchanged I might take the free lvl 90 boost and reroll BrM. More damage, more raid healing with half the work... Kind of goes hand to hand with me dropping out of serious raiding if the new PvP island and lvl 100 non-raid content is indeed appealing .
    In the nicest possible way, I hate people who say stupid stuff like this. What makes you think the tank balance is going to look anything like it does today, in 6 months time after an expansion and numerous changes to the game? Do what the rest of us do and play every tanking class! And if you're missing one, use it on that one. Be a proper tank! huehuehue
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    In the nicest possible way, I hate people who say stupid stuff like this. What makes you think the tank balance is going to look anything like it does today, in 6 months time after an expansion and numerous changes to the game? Do what the rest of us do and play every tanking class! And if you're missing one, use it on that one. Be a proper tank! huehuehue
    Err, being nice and all, your reading comprehension might not be the best atm.

Now, to be clear, if I remain raiding seriously I'll probably keep my Paladin because I like the utility I bring and I like how the class plays but I find Monk much better designed and fun to play if I'm not trying to be competitive at all (plus we already have a BrM). If I just stick to PvP I'll just go back to my Warlock which was my main for a long time.

My decision to reroll BrM if I'm not raiding seriously is simple: Tanking nowadays is basically a glorified DPS role so I'd rather roll the tank that's more fun to DPS with. If I do raid seriously I'll probably stick to the Paladin for the aforementioned utility/healing and the fact we already have a BrM as the other main tank (plus a DK and Druid OS tanks).

And it's as much about balance as it is about fun. It's not fun to blanket my whole raid with EF, losing a bunch of DPS and mitigation to then see our Monk does the same by just AFK-dropping his Ox Statue close to the raid and still doing 280k dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Err, being nice and all, your reading comprehension might not be the best atm.

Now, to be clear, if I remain raiding seriously I'll probably keep my Paladin because I like the utility I bring and I like how the class plays but I find Monk much better designed and fun to play if I'm not trying to be competitive at all (plus we already have a BrM). If I just stick to PvP I'll just go back to my Warlock which was my main for a long time.

My decision to reroll BrM if I'm not raiding seriously is simple: Tanking nowadays is basically a glorified DPS role so I'd rather roll the tank that's more fun to DPS with. If I do raid seriously I'll probably stick to the Paladin for the aforementioned utility/healing and the fact we already have a BrM as the other main tank (plus a DK and Druid OS tanks).

And it's as much about balance as it is about fun. It's not fun to blanket my whole raid with EF, losing a bunch of DPS and mitigation to then see our Monk does the same by just AFK-dropping his Ox Statue close to the raid and still doing 280k dps.
    Christ you're right I apologize. I didn't think it was possible to be this blind. It's literally like the first line...

If you do stick with raiding then at least for the now, having tanking and warlock capabilities is going to make you so desirable it's scary.