10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ombie/advanced

So I'm a bit confused, I've been playing my paladin as prot for a couple of weeks now (since I got the Heirloom shield) and I've been loving it but I still feel like I'm squishy, I don't have any logs (I keep forgetting to log) but I'm doing my best to keep up SotR but it's just not happening where it's up 80%+ of the time. That being said, I'm pretty sure it's just due to lack of haste (and gear) but I'm confused a little on the gear side, should I be trying for just ret gear in flex? What trinkets should I be using, at most I'd be tanking flex and I see some people are saying you don't need stam trinkets so should I be using Malkorok/Thok? I'm guessing if we're going full haste to ignore the 2/4pc?
    You're not going to hit that level of SHOTR uptime for a longtime. You need a really high haste value and with the 22% you have you're not going to get it, even with the luckiest DP procs. Should probably take a look at your gems, the socket bonuses really aren't all that exciting or beneficial. You want gear that comes with haste on it whilst retaining hit cap and a lot of expertise (7.5% minimum, really you want 15% but you can run with less if you get a big haste boost - I have like 13.5% I think).

You want gear with haste and mastery on it. Crit doesn't do anything for our survival but those 2 do. If you check my armory, I have a far lower itemlvl but just due to better itemization have more stats across the board (obviously excluding health). It's just a gear issue, there's always a chasm left between tiers that is filled by LFR but it doesn't fill it up to the top so whilst the ilvl is there the itemization isn't as great. Keep gearing and you'll be fine.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Seems like poor gear tbh, in 556 ilvl (aww yis) i'm running 47% haste (with the tank cloak)
    It all comes from preferences and/or loot chance. For example you got the Spark equipped. This counts a good portion of your haste bank. When you will replace it (if you do) you will lose some haste at the cost of cd reduction with Malk's trinket, or stam + whatever.

It's still relatively "easy" to get to 50% haste, but you will have to make compromises such as no parts bonus, maybe only the 2pc, trinkets, dps/tank cloak and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moussaka View Post
    It all comes from preferences and/or loot chance. For example you got the Spark equipped. This counts a good portion of your haste bank. When you will replace it (if you do) you will lose some haste at the cost of cd reduction with Malk's trinket, or stam + whatever.

It's still relatively "easy" to get to 50% haste, but you will have to make compromises such as no parts bonus, maybe only the 2pc, trinkets, dps/tank cloak and so on.
    Yeah but we aren't dealing with a case that has like 40% haste, it's 22%. He has bigger gearing problems than "do I get the 2pc, the tank cloak or the dps cloak?" Just a case of being undergeared due to using the catchup mechanics to get the gear he has rather than raids, which leaves a void in the stats you posess. Not itemized as he'd like it.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Yeah but we aren't dealing with a case that has like 40% haste, it's 22%. He has bigger gearing problems than "do I get the 2pc, the tank cloak or the dps cloak?" Just a case of being undergeared due to using the catchup mechanics to get the gear he has rather than raids, which leaves a void in the stats you posess. Not itemized as he'd like it.
    For this case you're talking about, I agree 100% but I was discussing Riemu's concern. Maybe I should made it clearer, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Of course, I love the fact that getting the GID can net you so many stats despite the difference in ilvl (and poor itemization of so many fucking trinkets in the game)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Tanks rhandric and Merin, I suppose once I get my legendary meta and cloak on this guy I'll also seem less squishy. Is there a better site than using Icy veins and AMR for what gear I should be picking up? I've looked any a lot of the other tanks (I've talked to Towelliee about it a bit but never catch him besides during raid) and everyone is all over the place when it comes to gear. Even popping around here it's hard to tell if there is a set list of BiS items.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sitting on 50.02% haste with 567 itemlevel (4pc set included). I have Vial + 549 Spark because Thok refuses to drop trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    Tanks rhandric and Merin, I suppose once I get my legendary meta and cloak on this guy I'll also seem less squishy. Is there a better site than using Icy veins and AMR for what gear I should be picking up? I've looked any a lot of the other tanks (I've talked to Towelliee about it a bit but never catch him besides during raid) and everyone is all over the place when it comes to gear. Even popping around here it's hard to tell if there is a set list of BiS items.
    There isn't a set list. Just get items with hit/exp on and then haste/mastery. You have pieces with crit and dodge on - just don't get those. I don't know some of the "best" items from this tier yet as I've only returned today. Maybe someone else can help, I seem to remember the legs being the offset piece for our 4set... maybe... I think... can't remember exactly. If you go for the 4set it's either the legs or the chest that's the offpiece. I do believe it's the legs actually.

Yeah it's the legs from what I know. I don't know if I will be going 4pc, that's what I'm questioning since at least in my current gear I'd end up gaining 3k mastery and 1.2k dodge (yes I could reforge the dodge) but I'm not sure if that's worth it compared to picking up OS pieces and just ignoring the 2/4pc.

Anyone whos quite geared going crit atm(mainly 10h, doubt I would do this on 25)

Atm pushing 20% crit raid buffed...actually have 4 320 crit gems atm and still at 21250 haste(i use elixirs). My planned bis is gonna have around 33-35% crit with almost pure crit gems while holding haste cap.

Seems quite fun for damage since I still have 48% shield reduction and almost 1m hp don't see why not to go crit. Seems silly to stack anything else when im doing 80% of all healing done to me myself anyway and havent had issues with anything even having a chance at killing me...almost dont even wana use the tank cloak except on thok/siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Anyone whos quite geared going crit atm(mainly 10h, doubt I would do this on 25)

Atm pushing 20% crit raid buffed...actually have 4 320 crit gems atm and still at 21250 haste(i use elixirs). My planned bis is gonna have around 33-35% crit with almost pure crit gems while holding haste cap.

Seems quite fun for damage since I still have 48% shield reduction and almost 1m hp don't see why not to go crit. Seems silly to stack anything else when im doing 80% of all healing done to me myself anyway and havent had issues with anything even having a chance at killing me...almost dont even wana use the tank cloak except on thok/siege.
    Can you link that version of BIS list ? i have haste/mastery one, and was thinking about parry/crit one, but never looked at haste/crit.

Can you link that version of BIS list ? i have haste/mastery one, and was thinking about parry/crit one, but never looked at haste/crit.
    When I get home from class later today ill post it cant atm.

Deleted
    Completely unrelated to current discussions, but we were talking a (long) while back about different solo tankings. One boss that was brought up was Garrosh, but people said that the red crane transition could be a problem. What were being discussed then as solutions was either praying to RNG not to get it, or used a HotW druid / Symbiosis rogue or something similar to tank it.

I havent really bothered much with solo tanking in practice this tier, most discussion has been on an academic level for me. However, accidently found a solution to red crane this week. Noticed that the mobs in red crane does not do anything if noone is in melee range with it, other than its usual casts.
    Simply put all your melees with your solo tank on one side and have only ranged on the other side. Make sure you have ranged interrupts, and that no ranged stand in melee range, and killing the add in red crane is not a problem.

Oh nice Firefly we actually just put all our dps and our dps warrior(normally the 2nd tank) on one and he uses die by the sword and they nuke it down and then run around and help on mine if we get that one. Though we only get 1 phase with our dps so we usually dont get it.

I think I am going to try solo tanking Iron J this next week. Should be fun ....or go horribly wrong not sure yet.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/b...6-4575f9c71f2d

setup to enough haste for elixir+food to cap haste.

33% crit...maybe I can get more i just put it together in like 2 minutes.

Yep all DDs on one site in the crane room with someone who can take a few hits should do the trick.
    You're generally still better off not solo tanking it I guess due to p1 and p3 adds (although paladins don't really have troubles picking up p1 adds heal aggro and all)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Yep all DDs on one site in the crane room with someone who can take a few hits should do the trick.
    You're generally still better off not solo tanking it I guess due to p1 and p3 adds (although paladins don't really have troubles picking up p1 adds heal aggro and all)
    P1 adds should never be a problem to pick up unless your positioning is very weird or bad. I guess if your DPS are scumbag aggroing the adds early it can be problem too. The adds should make a beeline to the tank unless someone else in the raid group failed. A lot of guilds do have terrible tactics for Garrosh Normal as the fight was so simple they did not have to learn the good tactics. When we got to Paragons and Garrosh on HC we basically had to relearn the fights from 0 as our normal mode tactics were so shit. I can safely admit that the strats we used for Garrosh N was so bad it was embarrasing. Basically just bruteforced the encounter without thinking anything about positioning or mechanics. P3 adds should be picked up individually anyways. Your tank should not be taking those in the first place. Everyone should spread out, aggro, stun/cc and kill their own personal adds away from everyone elses adds.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-11-15 at 12:39 AM.

I have a question about heroic siegcrafter I hope someone who have done it can answear
    We plan to try to go up to 7 debuff before resetting and the cd I planned to use are these
    1 none
    2 divine prot
    3 divine prot
    4 guardian +iron
    5 ardent def
    6 cloak divine prot
    7 taunt bubble

What i am mostly wondering is #5 and #6, are they enough or will the dmg go through the save one killing blow fail safe?
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

You can easily cloak 5 bubble 6 cloak 7 with a DP

I know our strat personally I can use AM on 4(for magnet) and it lines up nicely then I push everything back 1 basically from yours. Except I AD 7 instead of what would be 6 in your rotation if i pushed everything back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    I have a question about heroic siegcrafter I hope someone who have done it can answear
    We plan to try to go up to 7 debuff before resetting and the cd I planned to use are these
    1 none
    2 divine prot
    3 divine prot
    4 guardian +iron
    5 ardent def
    6 cloak divine prot
    7 taunt bubble

What i am mostly wondering is #5 and #6, are they enough or will the dmg go through the save one killing blow fail safe?
    What is your taunt order? Going for 7 stacks feels extremely excessive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    1 none
    2 divine prot
    3 divine prot
    4 guardian +iron
    5 ardent def
    6 cloak divine prot
    7 taunt bubble

I do:

1 : none
    2 : none
    3 : DivProt
    4 : DivProt
    5 : DivProt+Guardian (but could probably survive without guardian in my current gear)

At this point I reset as our DK is the one getting 8 stacks before killing his one and only add

But on silly wipes where I try to see how long I can survive or if I were to take more stacks I would probably go:

5 : Divprot + Guardian
    6 : DivProt + Cloak (then bubble to get cloak back up - if you want more than 7 stacks you can save it I guess)
    7 : Ardent Defender (+DivProt if up)

PS: Don't go for 7 - go for 8 - at least assuming you're doing it the way we are :

Tank 1 - 3 stacks (3) - kill add
    Tank 2 - 2 stacks (2)
    Tank 1 - 1 stack (4) - kill add
    Tank 2 - 3 stacks (5)
    Tank 1 - 1 stack (5) - kill add - reset
    Tank 2 - 3 stacks (8) - kill add - reset
    Tank 1 - 4 stacks (4) - kill add
    Tank 2 - 2 stacks (2)
    Tank 1 - 1 stack (5) - kill add
    Boss dead