Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    No, it really doesn't :P
    Idk, i tested it in simcraft, so no idea how accurate it is.

No way another 8-9% crit is worth less shield slams and like 3x less WoG glyph uptime esp seeing as without 4 set doing some of the higher veng stacking probably wouldnt work out well

Hmm, looking at simcraft, assuming perfect Glyph usage (so always refreshing when you get 3+ stacks) and being 3 ilvls higher, then 4p set pulls ahead with prism, but falls behind with ES (not exactly sure why).
    What i realized that the main source for the drastic difference in dmg that i was seeing in simcraft, was because default priority list only refreshed EF when it was <2 sec or at 5 stacks, so there was a lot less uptime.

Ya and with good rng you can have over 50% uptime on WoG glyph and near 100% uptime on shield(which obviously means a lot of dps due to so many more shields)

I have had a few bosses where i had those uptimes granted they didn't even beat my best ranks just due to rng with crits during pot/wings high veng but ya

Lol I had 54% uptime on WoG Glyph and 96.3% uptime on Shield of Righteous this week on Sha but i was 10k behind my #2 i have looks like I got shit Crit trinket uptime only 3 procs thats pretty bad.

You just need to cheese fights more , like immerseus, galakras, nazgrim. Maybe pull malkorok trash to boss to get rank 1 , dont know.

Lol Nazgrim only one I cheesed so far. Galakras this week was insane all the dps wanted to rank so we left healing tides up and got 3 waves and 4 shamans at once... had to lust lol, but I already had #1 on that.

I was gonna be at like 570k+ on Iron Jug this week but my hunter died so we were out a full dps and 5% crit and 10% ap for 70% of the fight

Got bored and actually tried to dps this week, #3 on H blackfuse :<, lost to 2 europeans :<
    (This is totally skill, and not jsut sniping all the dmg from the other tank)

I don't even give a single shit about ranks anymore.Everyone is cheesing fights to get ranks. What is the point trying to compete when someone does 1.1 m dps on nazgrim. I never tell my raid to not to dps something so I get ranks. That kills the whole purpose of ranks.

yeah, I don't care about them either. I care about getting through the raid up to Garrosh in one evening. I don't want to be stuck on some fucking farm content because somebody wants to be able to do the fight wrong to get a number on some website.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

We can clear 14/14 in one night, been doing that for the past 3 weeks. But yeah like I said, dont give a flying shit about ranks at all. If you want to feel proud of yourself, go beat my Protectors, Malkorok, Paragons without using scorpion and Garrosh ranks.

I agree with all those except your Garrosh. You did like 55k less dps than your rank suggests do to the way you do it over how most do, but ya unless its Prot, Sha of Pride(imo counts if they aren't aoeing adds), Iron Jug, Malk, Thok(if you arent the only person aoeing bats), Paragons(without scorp before you used it to get yours but either way everyone does basically), and Garrosh all count.

I only have 5% damage from swipe, which I used at Hisek to put more damage on him because people were slacking. Unlike most people with 30% on swipe... But whatever, I am done with ranks.

Hey guys, i just got the heroic Prismatic Prison of Pride ( Healing AMP trinket ) i remember reading something on here awhile back about Thok's+ healer AMP being our bis combo, is that correct? Here's my armory for ref http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...turos/advanced

It's very strong to say the least, since it has +- same benefit to us as Thok of equal ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    i remember reading something on here awhile back about Thok's+ healer AMP being our bis combo, is that correct?
    BiS? Don't think so, but it's one of the good trinket combos.
    All depends on your haste level, your stam needs and whether or not you want to go pure dps.
    In general I'd use Vial over the weaker stat% trinket, Spark of Zandalar still gives more haste and iirc the paragon trinket gives more dps (don't quote me on that one though)
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Thanks for clearing it up, so glad i got it before we go 25 man (lol having to gear up more healers)

BiS depends on build + preference.
    And most builds i'd say that prison > spark (you loose a little bit of health, but gain extra crit dmg +mastery) (with spark i need to gem for crit to stay < 50%

Amplifier gives you 10% damage increase, well increased crit damage. Double amplifier is insanely good on fights where you don't need CDR, aka Vial. I want 2nd amplifier too but yeah my luck is just horseshit when it comes to loot ><.

Hi, just a quick question so I don't have to dig through 254 pages. I'm gearing up a paladin alt. My main is 14/14H (though not a tank) so I anticipate doing some heroics with this toon eventually, and consider myself at a skill level commiserate to going for a haste build.

My question is, since I'm stuck in LFR/flex for the moment: if I want haste gear, should I be loot specialized to ret, and then switch to prot for bosses which drop weapons/shields/trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Hi, just a quick question so I don't have to dig through 254 pages. I'm gearing up a paladin alt. My main is 14/14H (though not a tank) so I anticipate doing some heroics with this toon eventually, and consider myself at a skill level commiserate to going for a haste build.

My question is, since I'm stuck in LFR/flex for the moment: if I want haste gear, should I be loot specialized to ret, and then switch to prot for bosses which drop weapons/shields/trinkets?
    You should anyway really. But it's a boss-to-boss basis of which upgrade is bigger and/or would the other potential items I get be vendor-items or possible side/upgrades too.