Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    ... not that EF will be remotely viable without the HoT interacting with BoG. Unless they decide that our T45 is going to suck ass (i.e, they tune everything to suck as much as no-BoG EF does) across the board, SS currently looks the winner by miles.
    If I am using the T16 4p because I need the heal RIGHT NOW, I don't give a toss about the size of the HoT. I care about the instant healing effect without being locked out of the ShoR that I need to stabilize my health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If I am using the T16 4p because I need the heal RIGHT NOW, I don't give a toss about the size of the HoT. I care about the instant healing effect without being locked out of the ShoR that I need to stabilize my health.
    The point is that you aren't, though. I've always thought the 4-piece was an abomination because quite frankly, it encourages malpractice. To get the most out of it, you want to be specced into DP and hitting WoG/EF every time you hit 3 BoG stacks just to cheese SotR uptime. If you get into a sticky, low-health situation while doing so with HS and LoH on CD, you're fucking done for. It's why I'll never willingly use it - I've yet to see a prot paladin using it that hasn't developed awful habits. I'm sure there are plenty of y'all out there who use the 4-set and don't do stupid stuff as a result, but the people I've seen up-close and personal do some downright retarded stuff because of it and die to shit they shouldn't ever die to.

On top of that issue, it lowers the skillcap so much it's almost funny. EF is engaging to play with because there's an opportunity cost, unlike with SS. SS is a completely fucking braindead talent that requires exactly 0 thought to use passably, whereas using EF without the 4-set requires you to make smart decisions about when you can afford to EF, and when you absolutely need to SotR. Using the 4-set just turns us back into buttonspammerino facerolladin again, which is why I've hated the bonus and actively avoided it since day 1.

I think quite a bit of my initial discomfort with not having the 4p was simply the lack of Weakauras on Alpha (now beta). It is kind of ridiculous how much you can learn to depend on a certain addon.

Well, that and having about 3% haste in the level 100 premade gear, because that is all Crit and Multistrike.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've decided out of boredom to go find my really old posts and edit pictures into them and see if anyone notices and messages me about it. I have 20minutes before Wimbledon, I can do this.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Still no idea why some of my weak auras bug out when I hit 1.1 M vengeance ><. -.-
    link them ?

Still no idea why some of my weak auras bug out when I hit 1.1 M vengeance ><. -.-
    On what boss are you hitting those numbers? Malkorok with high stacks or?
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    Knowing Lazel... every boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dem /sit macros
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    Timing ShoR so that it lands after the server registers which buffs are up when calculating the swing damage, but before the vengeance calculation happens. Means that you take the normal damage without ShoR calculated in, but the game thinks that ShoR was up when you took that damage (so you get twice the vengeance for the same amount of damage taken).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Dem /sit macros
    Critical hits do not give double vengeance since 5.3

Timing ShoR so that it lands after the server registers which buffs are up when calculating the swing damage, but before the vengeance calculation happens. Means that you take the normal damage without ShoR calculated in, but the game thinks that ShoR was up when you took that damage (so you get twice the vengeance for the same amount of damage taken).

- - - Updated - - -

I know about that, but it still would not give me 1.1 mil vengeance on most bosses, maybe garrosh and paragons if I manage to do it alot of times in a row...
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

When you take 55-60 stacks at Malkorok, do you take the Blood Rage too? We just want to get through in one evening, so I don't get to do anything deemed "crazy"

Well, when everybody has their mount (another 3-4 weeks) I might.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in my day... and then earlier, when vengeance didn't exist.

15+ Year Old Account
    3rd edit , if you really want to cheese vengeance shitloads of times get a cancelaura for Sotr and melee swing timer. (I don't use cancelaura myself, if you are good with timings, you can do it 10-12 times in a row with holy avenger, even though I really don't suggest you to do it because cheesing vengeance is so fucking cheap and it's not intended, get your ranks/pads without it, be like me, use it as much as you want to in cms though, don't care about that :P)
    I still wish abusing the vengeance bug made paladins more viable in CM speed runs, but the class does no damage compared to a DK/monk and can't pull off some of the other more interesting bugs in them for faster times.

But meh, with how things are looking currently on beta I'm debating on just swapping back to my DK for WoD anyways so who knows.
    Last edited by Accurate; 2014-07-21 at 08:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not? With proper healer, you can pull numbers no other tank can pull. While boosting cms with my team, frost mage disc and prot pala (me obviously) I pull insanely high numbers on numerous bosses, like 2.8 M on lilian, boss dies 15 secs after she spawns, around 1.1 M first boss in SM , 860k on 2nd boss in SM, around 950k on 3rd boss of SM (basically we cheese the fuck out of SM) Around 900k on first boss of SH and 450-550k on last boss of SH.

But then again, you can't compete with monks on times.
    My time is roughly 1min+ faster in SM on my paladin but with my DK abusing the ghost I can just 1 shot bosses and trash (How the top DK time in the world is done). In scholomance you can control undead a ghoul that does pretty crazy damage on a few of the bosses also, never mind the fact you can dark sim abilites that hit for millions in quite a few. Also the fact monk/DK need basically 0 external healing for the most part, (monk especially the case) and can do some kiting easier to do bigger pulls (3 dps and 1 healer do the boss at the top of the elevator in GSS and tank just kites mobs till the boss dies then you pull all that trash +3rd boss). I just don't see a point trying to compete on my paladin if it's so much easier to do on a monk/DK and I think that's how it for most people that do times somewhat competitive.

Be different for WoD probably as brewmaster sustain is non-existant (will most likely change) and DK seems incredibly strong still for dps, but shall see.
    Last edited by Accurate; 2014-07-22 at 06:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You just cap on every single dungeon as monk, not even funny tbh.
    Yep, and it's so easy to do compared to a paladin. Pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Accurate View Post
    Yep, and it's so easy to do compared to a paladin. Pretty dumb.
    It's also pretty dumb that as a disc you're there(With a monk) most of the time for PS and barrier, and because you do damage. There are really not many situations where you wanna spam the tank if its a monk or a dk.

When you take 55-60 stacks at Malkorok, do you take the Blood Rage too? We just want to get through in one evening, so I don't get to do anything deemed "crazy"

Well, when everybody has their mount (another 3-4 weeks) I might.
    In the pug with Lazel I did on 25H we had Lazel pull, get to 15 iirc, then we had the warrior go to 60, then Lazel from then on and solosoaking bloodrage.(Or the other way around, I was doing other things like PS'ing myself) it required a fuckton of externals on the warrior but Lazel did nice dps. Tanked it this week myself with the other tank dying before the bloodrage(along with 1 healer) and at ~50 stacks I started having problems. Since we only had 1 restodruid I died shortly after
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viriel View Post
    It's also pretty dumb that as a disc you're there(With a monk) most of the time for PS and barrier, and because you do damage. There are really not many situations where you wanna spam the tank if its a monk or a dk.
    Yea, it's pretty much just better to dps in most cases to kill stuff quicker as the tank will be under so many CD's, and have so much vengeance on big pulls they'll just keep themselves alive through the little damage they take. If mobs aren't dead the time CD's run out the tanks probably gonna get 2 shot anyways. Think in my fastest run on my paladin for SM (6:57) priest mostly just threw shields on me for blazing fists on that monk boss. My DK/monk it's purely just attonment which is quite a difference.

Really looking forward to CM testing to start in beta.

Does someone have a weak aura that shows stacks and time for garrosh debuff on 3rd phase? Im solo tanking it and need to call for raid cooldown when they worn off the second time so ppl wont die (rallying cry and banner methinks - im saving my devo for ironstar on 4th phase) and im sick and tired of counting it on ts every time and would like to give the aura to healers and warr that is poping those raid cooldowns - my toon name is Toore (it prolly needs to go somwhere in the aura)

Quote Originally Posted by Toore View Post
    Does someone have a weak aura that shows stacks and time for garrosh debuff on 3rd phase? Im solo tanking it and need to call for raid cooldown when they worn off the second time so ppl wont die (rallying cry and banner methinks - im saving my devo for ironstar on 4th phase) and im sick and tired of counting it on ts every time and would like to give the aura to healers and warr that is poping those raid cooldowns - my toon name is Toore (it prolly needs to go somwhere in the aura)
    http://pastebin.com/q6sz2QDf

Gives you a big counting down icon, you'll need to change the name of the player it checks it on though.

http://pastebin.com/jATFvn3Z

Puts coloured text saying "small explosion" under 4 stacks, "middle explosion" at 4-6 stacks, "big explosion" at 7-9 stacks and "massive explosion" above 9 stacks.

Works like a charm thx!!! (got the kill yesterday!!)