Quote Originally Posted by Squinty View Post
    Yo,

Well long story short, I have been asked to switch from a prot warrior to a prot pally for mythic raiding this tier. So I left the warrior froum to come in here and see no wod updates to any of the prot guides... I did go throw the [Prot] WoD Discussion thread but even with that is not very clear what is going on in that thread as many of you are divided.
    If you're looking for a more clearcut answer, visit Theck's page on Sacred Duty. He does comprehensive analysis of stat weights et al; his data includes a metric ton of talent combinations, too. It's where I started before tanking anything.

Thank you Trystero, been there all day today........ think i need a good drink now.

Hi from Russia,got to register here cause our protopallys is really fckng stupid and don't wanna even discuss new stats prio.Sorry 4 my english by the way,hope u'll understand my ideas.After last hotfixes,i got an idea to make stas prio loocking like mastery\versality\bonus armour\critical strike...haste.I'll try to explain u why i think it's usefull

Comparing versality and mastery rating u can see that even on the spike damage they are just equal,for example we take 3000 stats rating which is 27% or 24% versality,we'll take spike for 100k to be easy to count.So lets do this,after hotfixes SoR is 25% on base without mastery rating(now it get 0.5 SoR for 1% of mastery)

27% mastery = 25% + (8 + 27) * 0.5 = 42.5% Sor we'll get 57.5 damage
    24% versality gives us 12% damage reducing and base Sor.So 100к -12%=88-29%(25.52)=62.5 damage

So after comparing we got 57.5k to 62.5,but we got -12% damage during all the fight in versaliry.Only 5% on the spike is not so much for mastery.So now i tell why i wanna compare it,gettin about 3000-5000 points on two(1500-2500 each) this we'll get very high passive reducive of damage,good Sor %,very strong healing(glory bastion+versality bonus) good healing from a seal.Dps'll be very good too.
    What about the haste,after last hotfixes mechanics is a bit different,now grand crusader can proc from crusader strike to.So with good mastery rating that give block proc+crusader strike+Holy Wrath in talent there is no need in haste anymore,there're no problems to get HP now.And Seraphin in last talent slot with 50% uptime gives us goon hast raiting about 17% with raid buff.And in 15s serafim duration protopallys'll be really immortal.Dont worry about gettin a resourse,as i tell it's fantastic now,cause very often now rotation looks like crusader strike-Avenger's Shield-Avenger's Shield=D

We need haste in pandaria to get good SoR uptime and more ticks of EF,and for dps an sealing heal ofcause.Now with new talents and stats i think we can told it bye bye.Now we are using SS that's is not good in haste raitin scalling.Holy wrath and grand crusader procs gives us a resource and with serafim we get really imba.What d u with about this?

- - - Updated - - -

Ofcause u can also ask what to do in 15 sec w8ing 4 seraphim,this hole easy closed by one Sor(u'll get hp after seraphim duration)and divine protection with a glyth(20-20) and Unbreakable Spirit in talents.+versality reducing i'll be very good

- - - Updated - - -

just seen Sacred Duty as was sugested in comments,so i think i was right about new prio after fixes))
    Last edited by Dery Stern; 2014-11-27 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dery Stern View Post
    After last hotfixes,i got an idea to make stas prio loocking like mastery\versality\bonus armour\critical strike...haste.

just seen Sacred Duty as was sugested in comments,so i think i was right about new prio after fixes
    I might be misunderstanding due to your english, but by no means does Sacred Duty support your argument.

You are suggesting mastery>versality>bonus armour>critical strike>>>haste.

Sacred Duty (even after the hotfix) suggests BA>>>Mastery>Crit=Versatility>Multistrike>Haste.

sure bonus armour is higher,cause it give 1.5 ap(but it is very rare stat),i just told about mastery-versality in the first place as common stat,armour is not coomon,Sacred equaled versality and crit so it's ok.In russians forums prios look like mastery-haste,and nobody wanna listen about other stats
    Last edited by Dery Stern; 2014-11-27 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dery Stern View Post
    sure bonus armour is higher,cause it give 1.5 ap(but it is very rare stat),i just told about mastery-versality in the first place as common stat,armour is not coomon,Sacred equaled versality and crit so it's ok.In russians forums prios look like mastery-haste,and nobody wanna listen about other stats
    I wouldn't consider BA a "rare" stat, it's just only available on necks/rings/cloaks/trinkets.

Even taking BA out of the equation, there is simply no basis for prioritising haste. Unless you guys are playing a very different game over in Russia, take a look at Thecks blog and it will explain all this far better than I could hope to.

sacredduty.net

Any one looked in to BiS gear yet? or is it just as simple as looking for mastery>versality>bonus armour>critical strike>haste gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Squinty View Post
    Any one looked in to BiS gear yet? or is it just as simple as looking for mastery>versality>bonus armour>critical strike>haste gear...
    Depends if you are gearing around tier bonuses or not, if you are including warforged/socketed or not.

Also your stat scaling is a bit off above. Commonly accepted theory at the moment is:

BA >>> Mastery > Versatility => Critical Strike > Multistrike > Haste

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Depends if you are gearing around tier bonuses or not, if you are including warforged/socketed or not.

Also your stat scaling is a bit off above. Commonly accepted theory at the moment is:

BA >>> Mastery > Versatility => Critical Strike > Multistrike > Haste
    Note that this is for fights with primarily physical damage. The value of Versatility and especially Multistrike is increased dramatically on fights like Brackenspore with primarily magical damage, although never to such a point that they surpass Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Note that this is for fights with primarily physical damage. The value of Versatility and especially Multistrike is increased dramatically on fights like Brackenspore with primarily magical damage, although never to such a point that they surpass Mastery.
    Very good point.

Is haste really that bad for prot pally now?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Is haste really that bad for prot pally now?
    Yes - for survivability, No - for dps.

Deleted
    What consumables are you guys using now? Like, pots, food, flasks

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Mop armor + mastery pots!
    Even after they nerfed the armor elixir?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Still 256 for me :?
    Gives 64 bonus armor when used. Tooltip needs a patch to be changed.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mantid Elixir now provides a more reasonable increase to armor.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-12-06 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    then there is this elixir thats not yet touched http://www.wowhead.com/item=58093/elixir-of-deep-earth
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Rhag View Post
    then there is this elixir thats not yet touched http://www.wowhead.com/item=58093/elixir-of-deep-earth
    And as soon as people start using it that'll be fixed too. You don't honestly think they'll leave an elixir that is clearly in need of being fixed, after systematically going after every single item, elixir, enchant and gem that got missed when stats were adjusted, do you?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-12-06 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    Yup. Figured people would use those old things. I found it funny that the level 85 elixirs had higher stats than the level 90 elixirs. It is pretty much the same thing as level 90 when prismatic elixir was the best until they fixed it.

I'm using stamina flasks, because every "better" elixir will be fixed before too long and there is thus no point stockpiling them.

A bit of extra stamina also never hurts, especially at the beginning of the first raid tier. It'll be the only consumable used this expansion anyway, might as well get used to it. Well, I guess there are the strength flasks if you want a bit more dps /shrug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'm using stamina flasks, because every "better" elixir will be fixed before too long and there is thus no point stockpiling them.

A bit of extra stamina also never hurts, especially at the beginning of the first raid tier. It'll be the only consumable used this expansion anyway, might as well get used to it. Well, I guess there are the strength flasks if you want a bit more dps /shrug
    I'm honestly unsure as to why you would ever be using stam flasks when str flasks are almost equal in terms of damage smoothing and kiloparsecs (so as not to use the tired, cliche, and worst of all inaccurate expression "light years" to convey notions of intergalactically large distances) ahead in terms of DPS. I don't think I'd let my own co-tank suit up for Mythic with a stam flask unless he was 620 iLvl or something.

Seriously, guys - strength is a really fucking good stat in WoD. Friends don't let friends use stam flasks.