Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    Hi just a quick question, my raid lead wanted me to check in for him. Does anyone know if the 4p pvp bonus works in pve encounters?
    Yes, 2p doesn't.
    Still not worth it, unless it's an ilvl upgrade.

It would be for them, they want to take it slow and start with normals as they got spooked after first week heroic butcher wrecking us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    It would be for them, they want to take it slow and start with normals as they got spooked after first week heroic butcher wrecking us.
    Conquest gear looks pretty good for people like me slowly gearing up. The shield in particular has me salivating (currently wearing a 630 shield). But playing Ret in arena, my partner would kill me if I spent my precious conquest points on that.

Deleted
    10charxddddddddd
    Last edited by mmocc6fffc7f02; 2014-12-16 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I finally got to try my hand at Highmaul today, been on holiday for the past few weeks.

I gotta say, apart from Imperator and maybe Ko'gruah, none of the Heroic fights are really super entertaining to me. Kargath is a snoozefest, Butcher is even worse. Bracken is basically just a tank swap. Tectus and Twins are kinda cool, but feel like they're missing a couple elements to really make them stand out.

Haven't had the chance to look them up in detail yet, but I'm hoping the Mythic mechanics make these bosses a little more fun/memorable to tank.

How is everyone else feeling so far? Anyone with any experience in the Mythic fights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    So I finally got to try my hand at Highmaul today, been on holiday for the past few weeks.

I gotta say, apart from Imperator and maybe Ko'gruah, none of the Heroic fights are really super entertaining to me. Kargath is a snoozefest, Butcher is even worse. Bracken is basically just a tank swap. Tectus and Twins are kinda cool, but feel like they're missing a couple elements to really make them stand out.

Haven't had the chance to look them up in detail yet, but I'm hoping the Mythic mechanics make these bosses a little more fun/memorable to tank.

How is everyone else feeling so far? Anyone with any experience in the Mythic fights?
    Mythic Brackenspore is hell. There is no hope, only random 200k melee attacks and adds that hit harder than the boss himself while you get RNJesus'd by horrible wave spawns.

ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!

Question about 2 things:

Which one of the weapon enchants pulls ahead of the others?

Mote of the Mountain dropped for me in LFR. I had Toria's Unseeking Eye (I had shit luck with trinkets). Was curious if I should keep Toria's around or just immediately switch it with Mote?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Mythic Brackenspore is hell. There is no hope, only random 200k melee attacks and adds that hit harder than the boss himself while you get RNJesus'd by horrible wave spawns.

ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    So true. When somehow you feel you have the incoming damage under control this MASSIVE lava wave drops by and the add says "time's up beeyaches" and wipes the raid with a cast as he outranges everybody with your avenger's shield on CD.

Oh lord how I love/hate this fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    How can the add even outrange the boss? Are you tanking it like 40 yards away from the boss? How can the cast go off on the add? We were only letting the 2 warriors interrupt on heroic so they do more damage cause of glyph.

Sounds like a retard check fight with waves & bombs on grounds. Perfect the normal tactics and just avoid stuff ( mythic tactics) and get the kill.
    Add cast is a base 1.7 seconds before stacks on Mythic, add hits for 200k every second at 5-6 stacks of the buff, and waves are fucking huge + bugged visually so you don't see them until they're right on top of you.

It seems like a very easy fight on paper but in reality at current gear levels the pure numbers checks are brutal. It is literally impossible to reliably survive Necrotic Breath without at least one external + full HP at the start and absorbs on top of DP + SotR because the boss hits for over 50% of max HP with every swing.

Right now it takes 3 melee in the kick rotation with no fails at all to reliably interrupt the add, and with the visual bug on the wave sometimes you just get fucked because you're forced to move and nobody is in range to interrupt - especially because ranged are almost always blowing their interrupts on Spore Shooters.

The add does not need 3 melee. We have 2 do it. Rogues/Warriors w/e we have in. Decay has a 10sec CD everyones interrupt is 12 or 15 sec CD how does that require 3?

No point should you have to move the add as it casts except maybe once or twice due to bad waves and the tank should get that interrupt if you don't have a rogue who can cloak and just interrupt it.

We just set group 1 and group 2, everyone in group 1 (half the dps players) interrupts the odd casts group 2 (other half) interrupts the second. If 8 players are doing it its obviously gonna stop it going through, but the hard part is moving the add, AS travel time doesn't help with the quick cast.

We did only go with 18 players to learn it due to dcs and family shit going on, so it should be easier with the extra 2 players but it's still not a fun fight with the randomness of it all.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo anyone feel like writing up a new guide for Prot? Someone should probably do it eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Soooo anyone feel like writing up a new guide for Prot? Someone should probably do it eventually.
    I'd write one, but I'm sure there's some sort of limit to the amount of profanity a post can contain and still attain sticky status that I'd hit before the end of the opening paragraph.

That and I'd need some of you butts to volunteer to proof-read and peer-review it.

"Apart from the stats, which are Mastery > Crit = Versatility > Multistrike > Haste, and we use Sacred Shield instead of Eternal Flame, you can pretty much go read the MoP guide thread"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm prepared to just edit this one if people are lazy, or if they have particular sections rather than the whole thing to just send them, can edit them in and then ask Malthanis to change the thread title. I'm around more now than I was in MOP, to the point where I've actually applied to a raiding guild rather than being in ded guild. Only as a social for the time being however.

Hell I could probably do it within the next 24 hours, because this revision is fucking boring.

I don't really mind, I'm prepared to if there is no overwhelming desire from others, I just feel like I let the subforum down with this one during MOP due to just life hence my initial... lack of anything.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2014-12-27 at 08:11 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I'd write one, but I'm sure there's some sort of limit to the amount of profanity a post can contain and still attain sticky status that I'd hit before the end of the opening paragraph.
    You realize this only makes us want you to write one even more right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    You realize this only makes us want you to write one even more right?
    Agreed, i'd read the shit out of that guide!

Nominating PTS to write the guide.

Deleted
    I hate you. All of you. Especially you, Trystero.

... I'll see what I can cook up before the New Year. Shameless appropriation of Merin's formatting from the MoP guide may take place. Kektonic, Dastuross, and Trystero, watch your mailboxes, because you three dumbasses just signed up for peer-review duty