Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    It says mop because we all miss veng and want it back.
    I don't. I wish they'd done away with it years ago. Should just have given all tanks damage scaling with secondary and primary stats like we have now from the start. All it did was promote the idea that it is ok to stand in bad stuff for more dps (to the point when we were using healer externals and big tank cooldowns to survive standing in or being hit by "killer" boss mechanics).

I have nothing against trading survivability for damage output, mind. That's part of tanking. Standing in Annihilate for moar deeps shouldn't have been part of tanking.

To put it another way: vengeance was a half-assed fix for a problem that should have been fixed properly (scaling threat generation and damage output with increasing gear level).
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2015-01-06 at 03:45 PM.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

But vengeance meant the DPS had an excuse when tanks beat them unlike now

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    But vengeance meant the DPS had an excuse when tanks beat them unlike now
    As if DPS needed another excuse for being shite?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Vengeance was fun only because it was interesting seeing how close you could get to dieing without seriously being in deep shit. Otherwise i am glad it's gone.
    Main: Protection Paladin http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...turos/advanced
    Main Alt: Brewmaster Monk http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Thaei/advanced

Rip Vengeance 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dastuross View Post
    Vengeance was fun only because it was interesting seeing how close you could get to dieing without seriously being in deep shit. Otherwise i am glad it's gone.
    It was fun because you could solo tank Windlord and top healing, damage and damage taken and basically make the whole rest of the raid feel redundant.

Good times.

Does anyone here play prot DPS? I realise it's a gimmick, but I saw some people asking about it and got interested in trying it out. Anyone got any tips for it, or even better, has someone made a primer? I'd specifically want to know what the stat priority is, I imagine mastery is a lot worse when it only gives %AP? Thanks in advance.
    Warning - while you were typing 50 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

There is a prot DPS spec, its called Retribution. My understanding is that half the reason protection paladins are stacking crit for high DPS is the GC procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravan View Post
    There is a prot DPS spec, its called Retribution. My understanding is that half the reason protection paladins are stacking crit for high DPS is the GC procs.
    SS & SoI can crit

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    SS & SoI can crit
    Sorry I wasn't clear, obviously crit has other benefits for tanking but I was talking from a purely DPS stand point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravan View Post
    Sorry I wasn't clear, obviously crit has other benefits for tanking but I was talking from a purely DPS stand point.
    From a dps standpoint, crit makes stuff hit harder. And increases the chance for a GC proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    From a dps standpoint, crit makes stuff hit harder. And increases the chance for a GC proc.
    Can the ticks from Censure crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansekh View Post
    Yes

/10char
    Then that is another additional benefit to dps from crit, along with GC procs and critical strikes as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by deathdkmaxtor View Post
    stats priority?
    BA > Mastery > Crit > Versatility

or

BA > Crit > Mastery > Versatility

And so, the mighty MoP thread can now retire, resting forevermore at the depths of the forum, knowing that it has done its duty.

New thread can be found here.