Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Minecraft Project: Divinity's Reach

Hello everyone, I'm Ansro.

I'm new to this forum but I've come here for a very specific purpose. I noticed that in Fall 2011 there was a thread here regarding a server dedicated to reconstructing Tyria. I admit I do not own a server or have such lofty goals as to recreate the whole of the world of GW2.

My goal now is simple: The construction of a near to scale replica of the great Human city Divinity's Reach on a server known as Zero Craft (google zero craft as I can't link yet.). The server is robust, 24/7, and not over developed. There is plenty of land, more than enough for Divinity's Reach. So much so that I have already started.

Divinity's Reach currently contains;
    • [* A 450 DIAMETER area encircled and flattened (flattening is at 96% completion]
      [* An outer wall fully encircling the flattened area. The wall is also 450 diameter wide, 30 thick, and (i believe) 45-55 high.]
      [* Dwayna's Highroad has been framed partially.]

I am working on completing (or hope to anyway) The Eastern Commons and Rurikton, The Dwayna and Kormir Highroads, and the inner circle/upper city/palace area. I hope that, with enough help, this should be able to be completed by the end of August in full and glorious detail.

This project needs;
    • [* Individuals with impeccable attention to detail]
      [* Grand Builders who can frame and scale appropriately]
      [* Builders with a passion for GW2 and high amounts of respect for the beauty of Divinity's Reach]

If you'd like to help, please visit the Zero Craft server website, register as a member, pop in to say hello to the community on the forums, and get WELL acquainted with the rules. This is a 16+ only server. This rule is strictly enforced. There are other rules such as no griefing, stealing, etc. These rules make the server safe to build in and will ensure we are not unduly griefed. If griefed, the mods and admins immediately roll back damage without question.

Also, please VOTE when joining the server. You are given 3 diamonds for each vote. Votes bring the server up on the list and get us more people to help build. You will be looked on with high favor if you do this regularly. If you are inclined to donating, please donate. This high quality server runs on donations. You are given massive perks for donations which are further explained on the site.

NOTE: Should you see this message now and register now, I will not be on the server as I am away from home on work. I just wanted to get the ball rolling. If you wish, log in, say hello, know the rules, and enjoy the server, get to know it. I will be making a thread on the Zero Craft forums for people joining the project. It will be in the General Discussion section of the forum.

Until I am able to log on (IGN: Ansro), just run around, have fun, post in the project thread, vote, do whatever. Enjoy it. I will hopefully be on later tonight EST time or tomorrow morning EST time.

I hope to see you all there. This project will, I hope, be of epic proportions.

Sincerely,

Ansro

Deleted
    Not a Minecraft player and not that much into GW but I'll pass this to a friend that's a fan of both (he did make a scale replica of our college campus). Good luck with it!

Thank you. And again I apologize for such a large post as a new poster. I just really would love to see the community come together on this.

Note The Zero Craft website is currently down for some maintenance and should be up again soon.

Good luck on recreating that indoor garden. :3

The area set aside for the garden and palace is roughly 60-80 diameter. I have a program that gives me curve and circle blueprints. I don't anticipate a major pain from the garden, just time and effort.

A very ambitious project and I wish you the best of luck.
    I don't play it myself but am always amazed by some of the things users create.
    I hope you'll keep this updated with progress

You should post some screenshots, and regularly update the thread with them so we can see the progress.

Thank you for the encouragement everyone. I hope and wish some of you would join. It's essentially Legos online. If you played with legos as a child, this is your game. Screenshots will be posted once the area is less ugly...and once I have a mod installed to extend the render distance of the area haha. I really and truly hope to gain some more members for this project!

Deleted
    I wanna see I wanna see

Deleted
    I will love to see how this turns out. I too do not play Minecraft, but nevertheless good luck with your project.

I have Minecraft, but I haven't played the game for a long time. The only time I actively played it for long periods of time was way back in beta. I can't offer creative insight, but I can be a packmule.

Is the server creative or survival?

Survival. Yes Survival. Yes I'm crazy. No I don't care. Yes I have no life.

well i honestly dont think 450 diameter is big enough it takes much longer to walk across divinitys in GW2 then it does to walk across 450 in MC up the scale i say
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude... that's going to be really freaking impressive if/when you finish it! make sure to keep us updated with your progress!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I initially thought so as well. But I based my distance on the speed/time ratio of a GW character vs a Minecraft character. In terms of time walking across an area say, the dwayna high roads or the stairs down into East Commons, I think I have it down mostly...but this is why I need more people!

---------- Post added 2012-07-27 at 06:48 PM ----------

Zero Craft website is back! Hope you guys come on!

I'm interested, got a friend interested as well. Will sign up.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Oooh, this seems like a really ambitious and great project! I don't play Minecraft, but i wish you good luck and fun building! I'll be keeping an eye and giving moral support to the project, heh :P

Literally my first thought when I walked into Divinity's Reach was " Can't wait for someone to make it in Minecraft ".

10+ Year Old Account
    This project is truly... immensely ambitious. I think you may want to try to wait until release so you can explore Divinity's Reach in person for when you're working out the details!

Personally, however, I'm much more interested in seeing the Black Citadel.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a minecraft player/fan but i would love to see this done.