Players leaving mid-fight

Hi,

I assume you all have experienced this in LFR and/or LFG.
    People leaving mid-fight; that is quite annoying.

Is it that hard to prevent this? It should be that people can't leave when in combat.
    Anyone has any idea why this is open for players?

We can't kick people mid-fight, we can't do other things in general...... why leave the fight?

I always leave mid-fight when it's apparent that some tool is griefing the raid by pulling Zonozz while all three trash packs are still up, for example.

Unless we're on Madness and I need my valor points, I would rather wait and requeue for another raid rather than deal with the immaturity and drama that is soon to follow.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

I can understand why the player leaves... sometimes.

What i'm wondering is why this option is open for players?
    it doesn't sound right...... it brings issues especially when a players gets pissed about loosing the roll on a piece of gear and puls the next boss and then leaves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think blocking people from leaving mid-fight is a useful solution. They'll just afk or kill themselves instead; it's not going to force them to participate, and it does prevent situations when leaving mid-fight is genuinely a good idea (for example, if the raid is about to wipe anyway or some guy is facepulling bosses to kill people).

The better solution is to allow new players to join the raid mid-fight in LFR, without them getting locked outside.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    I leave mid-fight when it's not worth it to stay.

Such as someone clearly greifing the raid, or someone starting the fight 2 healers and 3 dps down, or someone starting the fight with me/others outside.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    What'd be the point in preventing players from leaving mid-fight if that meant that they would just go afk?
    I'd rather have someone leave than go afk and get my loot.

I don't mind people leaving mid fight UNLESS they are the one that pulled the boss to grief the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people pull the boss while I'm waiting for my loot, I'll just leave anyways (Someone pulling spine before loot has been given from warmaster).

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    If people pull the boss while I'm waiting for my loot, I'll just leave anyways (Someone pulling spine before loot has been given from warmaster).
    Seriously? Why does it matter? I'd hope you know what pieces you are looking to roll on...

I can't speak for raids but certainly doing LFD at the usual break-neck speed, you seem to have no option but to leave mid-fight as there just isn't any time when you're not fighting

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Seriously? Why does it matter? I'd hope you know what pieces you are looking to roll on...
    Because some people are douches are just leave without rolling on loot if there's nothing for them. So it waits to timeout and some douche starts the next boss. So the roll goes off, you win/lose the roll and you leave. Meanwhile the fight is already in progress...I wouldn't stay either.

It sucks. But when you do pick up groups or random ques in just about every game on the internet you run into trolls and people looking to grief. It sucks but that is how it is and most likely always will be. Some people have fun tackling raid bosses, other enjoy killing other players toons, and yes.. some just like to piss you off to find their enjoyment. But you should always learn to separate those that are doing to to be dicks, and those that are simply sick of some dick head that is going off and deciding to leave. It looks the same on the surface but it isn't and it is important not to lump them all into the same group simply because it gives you the same in game text of so-and-so leaves the group.

Pretty much summed up above. I leave if I have had to do the wings out of order once the roll is finished. Just because somebody else feels the need to start a fight before everyone is ready doesn't mean I want to do the same boss more than once.

We aren't blocked from dropping group because that would make it possible for us as players to be held hostage by others. Being able to leave let's you leave also if somebody insists on pulling repeatedly before anybody is ready or the group is complete. Locking people in would be bad news. It opens up griefing on a whole new level if all you have to do to pk (player kill) somebody repeatedly is keep pulling mobs and they can never leave.

Keeping them from leaving would be stupid, as they could just afk and achieve the same result, unless you get lucky and they soak some damage that would otherwise hit another player. You should be glad they leave instead of do that, so that they can't roll on loot and you might get a replacement.

Hard to believe what people will come up with sometimes to avoid accepting that they can't force people to do what they want, lol.

LFR isn't there for the challenge or for those players interested in downing bosses. It's there for a free loot piñata and that's it. I leave all the time (after I need or pass on the rolls). That content doesn't matter whatsoever and people don't do it "to see content" like the blues love to believe.

I wont even do spine or madness anymore because I have everything that I need for my MS and OS from both of those bosses. I'll just do the other 6 and roll on tier gear then leave.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't think blocking people from leaving mid-fight is a useful solution. They'll just afk or kill themselves instead; it's not going to force them to participate, and it does prevent situations when leaving mid-fight is genuinely a good idea (for example, if the raid is about to wipe anyway or some guy is facepulling bosses to kill people).

The better solution is to allow new players to join the raid mid-fight in LFR, without them getting locked outside.
    They would choose another moment to leave.... a moment the rest of the group can queue and wait for replacement.
    So I do think it would be useful; it doesn't make sense that people can leave mid-fight.
    We can't eat and drink while in combat, no hs..... I don't understand that people can leave a group/battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    They would choose another moment to leave.... a moment the rest of the group can queue and wait for replacement.
    So I do think it would be useful; it doesn't make sense that people can leave mid-fight.
    We can't eat and drink while in combat, no hs..... I don't understand that people can leave a group/battle.
    I think you're being way way optimistic if you think being unable to leave in combat means that people would wait until a better time to leave. If they were the kind of people who were concerned about that kind of issue, then they wouldn't be the type to leave mid-fight in the first place. If people don't want to participate in the fight, they're not going to. If it's not leaving mid-fight, then it's AFKing or intentionally killing themselves. Forcing people to stay in the raid group isn't going to have any practical impact; you'll still have raid spots wasted on people who aren't participating.

Let them leave, and just let new people zone in.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Due to the relative simplicity of LFR that could work but I know there can be difficulties with raid frames updating in comabt. My Vuhdo, for example, will not update to raid member changes mid fight so whilst they could join, I wouldn't be in a position to heal them.

Its annoying. I was in LFR spine. 1 min in nothing going wrong. PEople just started leaving......... had 12 people left.......... Luckily the fight is a joke and we were able to finish it but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teorino View Post
    Due to the relative simplicity of LFR that could work but I know there can be difficulties with raid frames updating in comabt. My Vuhdo, for example, will not update to raid member changes mid fight so whilst they could join, I wouldn't be in a position to heal them.
    That's true, I hadn't considered that.

But even still, I think it's likely a better solution than blocking people from leaving. They would still pick up incidental healing from smart heals and AoE and healers could always use nameplates in a pinch.

| twitch | bsky
    |