Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Its just a rumour. The only official statement I've seen is about DX10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    They are enabling dx11 on release, the beta was only using dx9
    What I've heard they will keep dx9 at launch as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Its just a rumour. The only official statement I've seen is about DX10.
    I can't link the source now since the official forums are now closed, but during the latest BWE, one of the devs mentioned in the DX thread on the official forums that the game will be launching with DX9 but they'll patch in DX11 later, not DX10. The official DX10 quote that's on the wiki made by Gray was at a time when DX11 wasn't even present, it was made just after the game was announced. So expect DX11 after release, but no idea how long it'll take.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    I can't link the source now since the official forums are now closed, but during the latest BWE, one of the devs mentioned in the DX thread on the official forums that the game will be launching with DX9 but they'll patch in DX11 later, not DX10. The official DX10 quote that's on the wiki made by Gray was at a time when DX11 wasn't even present, it was made just after the game was announced. So expect DX11 after release, but no idea how long it'll take.
    We're focusing on DX9 for launch because it has the broad compatibility and because graphics card vendors have added extensions to DX9 for all the new features we need. We'll evaluate DX11 support after launch.
    This is the quote by Mike O'Brien , it says pretty much the opposite of what you said. Them saying they will "evaluate" DX11 means they have no current plans to add it.

Weird, maybe I was reading what I wanted to read when I saw that thread. In any case, I still want to remain positive on the DX11 front since at least they came out and mentioned it. Since DX11 is a performance increase on newer cards, they'll hopefully think it's worth it to implement it.

Pretty sure thats just a disclaimer thing to cover their asses from people getting mad they cant play the game a patch later when their gateway computer can't stay up to speed. It doesn't promise anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    So you played WvW with ALL settings on Ultra and got 60fps? Me too! Staring at the ground, with no other players around. This sounds like a bit of a stretch.

And DX11 would only make the game run better on recent cards, not worse.
    Actually you're wrong. Adding tessalation/ other new effect will just makes everything more heavy to manage, slowing badly your fps till an unplayable 13 fps.
    And ye, i was playing the entire beta weekend at 60 fps , with 1080p resolution on wvw, full of people running around.
    And i don''t have a special computer at all. Nor the only one reporting this performance
    Luckly they are not planning to use it, and i hope they will never need of it. I want my 60 fps for years.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-07-28 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    Seeing as I got utterly horrendous, god awful unplayable FPS in WvWvW in the last beta I kinda hope thye don't increase the requirements. Given that my CPU is under minimum, but my GPU and RAM are over recommended, the performance I got on that weekend was atrocious when lots of people were on screen. Was ok in smaller scale PvE, but in wvwvw it was literally a slideshow.

So....after that Anet source on the status of DX11 being added, I'd say it safe to say comments saying 'high res textures are not available' are misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    Seeing as I got utterly horrendous, god awful unplayable FPS in WvWvW in the last beta I kinda hope thye don't increase the requirements. Given that my CPU is under minimum, but my GPU and RAM are over recommended, the performance I got on that weekend was atrocious when lots of people were on screen. Was ok in smaller scale PvE, but in wvwvw it was literally a slideshow.
    The game is CPU based, and you pointed out yourself that your CPU was under the requirements. =P
    Pretty sure that by the time they improve the graphics 1year at the very least from now your computer will be dated to the point of "holy crap, how do you open your internet browser?", as it already sounds quite dated.

I'd actually really like to see a 64-bit client sometime. If the ancient WoW can add it, I'm sure GW2 can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    I'd actually really like to see a 64-bit client sometime. If the ancient WoW can add it, I'm sure GW2 can.
    In a couple years, maybe. Don't count too much on it